Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for Tradeskills v3.0

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Zirkonium, you are missing the point. Takun was worried that he is missing creds in some cases where people would have tipped for more than he charges. My point was that it doesn't matter. If one does not want to be treated as a waiter, always charge. And if you do exceptionally well, you might also be tipped.
    Oh, I wasn't responding to anyone in particular. Just venting my dislikes with certain groups of people in AO. I don't play the loto in life. I rather get rich by providing the right services to the right people. So I dislike tipping. Charging is the way to go for sure. And true, when I charge, I sometimes get a surplus when people are happy with the service. Also by charging, you get rid of the people who wouldn't have tipped in the first place, because they'll always think of tradeskilling as 2 simple clicks. I also appreciate people who are able to give a price when they're selling services or objects. Nothing more annoying than people saying: 'offer'. So I always try to put a price on services or objects I'm selliing myself. I don't mind people to offer me an amount before i can charge them. If they give me a realistic offer I might even work at a reduced price. Once I said my price though I wont change it.

I cleaned up the list a little bit and added some notes on payment, gratuity, and professionalism. I also added to the PB creation section because I realized that people are farming out hugely expensive symbs from them.

I'm considering trying to make a price listing based on the skill and combine requirements, but that would be a while crap load of work so i'm not sure I'll start on it soon. I may also add a section on handling fees for super valuable items like Dchests, supple, juggernaut aruls or the like.

Do these prices still seem fair?
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I charge a bit differently for aliens. Specifically I charge double for combined, and I charge less for ql150-250. I tend to charge more if I have to go to the HQ, which I think happens at ql230-240 these days.

Alien Armor: Combined/Single (just supple or just enduring)
    Ql 1-150: 4m/2m
    Ql 151-250: 6m/3m
    Ql 251-300: 10m/5m
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

I think that is a fairly interesting idea. I say this because sometimes you get people who need you to simply just make one peice of armor and combine it with another premade one, other times you need to make two. Should the proces be different?

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Smile

Added a small note for handling fees

and:
    Albtraum Tradeskills
    Spirit Purge and Spirit Remedy Creation: 2m for any QL
    Infused Compiler and NCU Creation: 3m for any QL
    Ice of Albtraum Creation: 1m per stack
    Ancient Tools: 1m per tool
    Bracer Activation: 2m + Handling Fees
    Combined Crystal Memories: 2m per combine + Handling Fees

lol i made some of those spirit stims and after the work involved in making them..... i wouldnt make them for other people if they where paying 2mill per click.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

I'm factoring in that Pharmtech is a fairly cheap skill for for engineers, we have three buffs for it, most of our tradeskill items buff it, and processing the 4-5 items is less steps than making carb.

Obviously you are entitled to your own opinion, but what would you charge for this service?

I will charge for creating everything....almost.

Damn, I could reset trades-kills, raise combat skills, reperk and go fight. Why should I craft for someone if I can NOT to do it? There should be any (good) reason, huh?

As has been said before: To charge or not to charge is a personal choice and not the subject of this thread. The subject of this thread is to establish guidlines for prices for services that the tradeskilling community considers to be a fair trade for their services. This is not only for tradeskillers to help establish their own prices, but also for people looking for tradeskill services knowing about how much they should expect to pay.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=491442

The thread above documents Engineers who are availible for tradeskilling on various Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    Added a small note for handling fees
    Almost exactly the fees I charge, so thumbs up.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    I'm factoring in that Pharmtech is a fairly cheap skill for for engineers, we have three buffs for it, most of our tradeskill items buff it, and processing the 4-5 items is less steps than making carb.

Obviously you are entitled to your own opinion, but what would you charge for this service?
    Simple answer, i wouldnt, so im not the best person to make comment on what its worth, i WONT be making those things for anyone aside from my self or org mates of kneel on the floor of org hq /protrate'ing to me for about 30 mins while i bath in the worship of my minions.
    As for the comparrison with carb, i wouldnt do that for anyone either.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Bump...

BTW:
    A weird thing: Even though there seems to be less tradeskillers around, most people still tip lousy.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

You almost 100% can expect good tips from engineers who resetted tradeskills and went for 100% pvp setup...
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by Luziciona View Post
    Bump...

BTW:
    A weird thing: Even though there seems to be less tradeskillers around, most people still tip lousy.
    On the other hand, there are many more who are agreeing to fixed up front prices. In fact, so many, that I raised all my prices by about 10-20%.
    If you feel like a waiter, work for tips. If you feel like a professional, ask for a payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Namel View Post
    RK2 clan. I guess there is less tradeskill engies on rk2 so prices are higher. Most have reseted for pvp.

I don't really advertise my tradeskills. I just have few regular customers who pay around those prices. Combined commando and combined SS go easily for 500M/piece. Combined merc about 400M. Stuff with spiritual or arithmetic bots is cheaper of course.

Prices really vary. If I am on good mood I don't ask price but I have still got 20M tip for making single piece of non-combined armor. Generally if I ask something for making alien armor people pay it. Only arul saba makers tend to run when I ask 15M for pair but that is why I ask so much, I really want to be paid well if I have to do that tedious job.
    LOL... Usually i do it for free... Depending ppl of cos... Some rude ppl can just {Edited by Natteravn: Profanity Removed}. THey are in my ignore list. Ever once i quote someone for a price on TS is to do Modifed NOtum Mesh... MAd. I have to click the cold stone so many times in my inventory. 10mil for it though. That's the max i ever quote. Rest of the time i willl just ask them to tip as you like.
    Last edited by Natteravn; Jun 18th, 2007 at 03:13:55.
    Marsh "Pillowwolf" Mellow RK2 220/27 Solitus Engineer Pvm Setup PvP Setup
    Omni with Neut Heart
    Proud Founder of Wolfhound

Yeah, for the last few months I've been giving prices upfront. If they don't like it, then they can go find somebody else. Tradeskilling is hardly my main source of income anyways.
    Betos 220/23 Solitus Engineer
    Kalenth 212/12 Solitus Doctor

http://world-of-dungeons.net/?link_eb_51408

I've had many people relieved that I was around because they looked for four days for somebody to make their carb armor for them. :/

Yeah though, it seems there are less tradeskillers around now.

I dont tradeskill outside org at the moment. Only the exceptions are make are for friends and for old well known customers.

Hmm, perhaps we need a new tradeskiller list thread thinger to see who still tradeskills on what server. Akin to the "who is your tradeskill engineer" but having a list with name/server. I'd make one but atm my net access is limited so I cannot update list frequently.
    Waiting for a cure.

Talking

Put me down for tradeskills and payment up front.

BTW Good to see someone continued the list.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast