Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for Tradeskills v3.0

Now that some time has passed, does this thread need to be updated?

Are these prices still what people are paying or what you feel is reasonable for your effort and skill?

Do things need to be added?
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I think it should still be a sticky. It isnt maybe very useful for some of us , but look how many views it has for relatively young thread. Non-engineers, non-tradeskiller are droping here to check want price they can expect. Useful for both customer and the maker i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    Now that some time has passed, does this thread need to be updated?

Are these prices still what people are paying or what you feel is reasonable for your effort and skill?

Do things need to be added?
    I'd like to see guidelines on prices for city buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I think it should still be a sticky. It isnt maybe very useful for some of us , but look how many views it has for relatively young thread. Non-engineers, non-tradeskiller are droping here to check want price they can expect. Useful for both customer and the maker i think.
    That's a good point, I didn't think of the customers. Lets see what other people thing. Do you prefer to have one more sticky or not?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Personally, I'd love to see this stickied either alone or as part of Rusty's Useful Reference Posts thread.

Perhaps it could be put there in an updated format using the original as a template, much as the new Engineer Guide was done (I know, a lot of work for someone).

It is already on Rusty's list. And this is already a rewrite of the original
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

I suppose I could organize it more.

I'm always looking for feed back. Specificaly what people charge now.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

What about a "No tradeskills" week?

Your prices seems very fair to me, Berael. Thank you for maintaining this thread!

My 199 engie have been leaving the tip/charge to the customer, but I see that this will definately not make me rich, far from it. Approx half of the ppl tip lousy or not at all, which is really making me sad, as I always offer tips when asking ppl to do stuff for me, even buffs. So far I've been letting enforcers, MP's and docs off the hook due to my excessive nagging of buffs from these professions, but there's a difference between casting a (relatively) quick buff and using blood sweat and tears (read: hard-earned IP), expensive tools and lotsa time creating valuable gear for them to sell (with huge profit). Another thing people should learn to appreciate is the knowledge a good tradeskiller will need regarding the various processes.

Concerning the shape hard/soft I have used the SSA so much, I've prolly earned in the 50M I had to pay for it. Mantiss armor is very nice! SHA was a waste of camping time, and I have never seen anyone ask for the Robot thingie to Improve Crushing etc, only ppl trying to sell it. When it comes to Carb, that is the best PVM lowbie/med armor in-game, having nice mods (I OE it on my lowbies just for nanoC init and NCU). It is easy to get and equip, and ppl sell it for less than sheets cost when they are to high level for it, thereby lowering prices. I have tried to sell some full sets, and been offered ridiculously low prices. Ended up giving it away to lowbie neutrals...

Regarding being asked for tradeskills: Park yerself near a transport hub (Jobe platform, Bore grid, ICC) and summon yer Slayer, and u will get requests fairly often. At least that is my experience. As neutral, I try to hang out at TG and OA grid now and then when selling my "phatz", and I usually get asked to do things that way.

Lotsa sided people don't want neutral pet classes in teams, since it makes TAB'ing targets hard. Then there' the issue of pets behaving poorly as a general rule, and even worse in some playfields. ...but they want our skills! I have been tempted to reset my tradeskill a lot lately, and now seems like a golden opportunity. All non-tradeskillers: Beware of LE!

But, back to my main point(titleheader): A few months back RK1 MP's had a no buff day. How about a "No tradeskill week"? That might make people appreciate engineers a lil more!
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

So if someone asks me to add a Supple armor and a strong armor, is that 8 mil? or is it less when the pieces are already made...
    And if he wants 2 pieces of armor made do i ask 16 mil?

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    I'd like to see guidelines on prices for city buildings.
    Got 50 mill for a large clan HQ once, funny part was i had all the parts just sitting on me... felt bad about it tho, the guy had 2 hours till his city was up for ninja click wars...

Have 2 more of these in bank for emergencys, mostly when people get angry and or hackz0rs that delete citys... would hate to have clan lose some citys over stupid hackers :P

Ive also been quite interested in this, citys dont get put up everyday (not to my knowledge anyways) but still people with little trade skill knowledge are always looking to buy things :]
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonium View Post
    So if someone asks me to add a Supple armor and a strong armor, is that 8 mil? or is it less when the pieces are already made...
    I usually charge 5m/ql250-300, 4m/ql200-249, 3m/ql1-199. For just combining the two pieces I charge 2m, but I usually wont take such a job, as it's not worth my time.
    For a combined piece I charge twice what I charge a regular piece, so 10/8/6.

Would be nice too see this made into a script(no i cant script so dont bother there:P) Also we could go on strike for a week or so:P

good idea ..

ill try to add it to my ToolSet
    Workboy and my equip

Aggroboy
    and my equip

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    History of great experiences during Anarchy Online timeplay:

2001 - I just saw a player!
    2002 - I was in huge battle!
    2003 - I have Made first twink!
    2004 - I have made first quest in Shadowlands
    2005 - I dinged 220
    2006 - Was that an Alien? Holy Mothership...
    2007 - I own my first ql 300 CSS!
    2008 - We did Beast with just 3 guys!
    2009 - Damn, that Xan weapons LoX... erm Rox!
    2010 - Finnaly first character fully geared with all best stuff.
    2011 - Battlestations are so much zerg wars
    2012 - I have made set of twinks for new level ranges, they rocks!
    2013 - I made few 220 characters to level other characters...
    2014 - I saw a player!

another TSr bites the dust

i decided to reset all TS with the full ipr
    main reason : i live of tips and got a little atrox dance for fully combining a 300 CC-vest.Thats just wrong ^^
    Maxibb 60/6 keeper rimor
    Aolovechild 188/12 shade rimor
    Bodybuild 213/17 eng rimor
    Barcode1 220/21 eng rimor http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=35027

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybuild View Post
    i decided to reset all TS with the full ipr
    main reason : i live of tips and got a little atrox dance for fully combining a 300 CC-vest.Thats just wrong ^^
    And you pressed accept? that thing is 600m now.

I've reset too
    ->Moertje 220/21 - Side tokens collected 2500.
    - Real Life Yutto - of TETN :teeth: / - Atlantean //Current PVM Setup// PVP Setup//PVP swapping Setup

->Mulisch 150/4 - Side tokens collected 16 - wtf melee? (retired)
    ->Amoer 150/9 - friendly neighbourhood Trader!

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zirkonium

I usually charge 5m/ql250-300, 4m/ql200-249, 3m/ql1-199. For just combining the two pieces I charge 2m, but I usually wont take such a job, as it's not worth my time.
    For a combined piece I charge twice what I charge a regular piece, so 10/8/6.
    This is a -guide- to prices, which means that as engineers, and having at least half a brain, we can justle them around to our delight. Obviously people will vary slightly in how they do things and some people are 'nicer' then other people. I for one only ask payment from Clan/Omni for tradeskills and never ask for payment for normal basic implants.

I'm going to get around to asking some people on RK1 for building prices so I can add that and polish up the guide.

The main problem with building creation is that its not done very often so people tend to charge major cash for it. I've been considering trying to go through and totaly rework the guide based on the amount of skill needed from what skill and how many processes are done to get a price. Maybe just to find out how it would turn out, because it would make some things like carb, much more expensive due to the chem expense.

Platinum Filigree Ring: I charge 3m, no matter what ql/type. They are sold for insane prices afterwards, and the materials aren't cheap either. Also a fool engi will forget to cut the gem and ruin them.

Im still trying to decided if setting prices is the way to go... Yes generally some people dont tip... but some people tip more... more then I would ever charge for something.. I'm wondering if those rare events out weight the no tips i get from other people... To explain this in more detail ill set up some scenarios..

Situation One (tip based)
    Made a nano for someone (no tip)
    Made some armour (2mill)
    Typed a weapon (no tip)

End result 2 Mill

Situation Two (tip based)
    Nano (no tip)
    Made some armour (2mill)
    Typed a weapon (10 mill)

End result 12 Mill

Situation Three (Charging)
    Nano (400k)
    Made some armour (4 mill)
    Typed a weapon (2mill)

End Result 6.4 Mill

I guess over all youd make more money from charging, but I'm concerned about the people that would pay more, but agree to your price since its cheaper for them.... I guess if they are those heavy tippers that generally they would just ignore your price and tip the heavy ammount anyways.. maybe not.. Im not a heavy tipper so I have no idea ^^

Wish there was a way to test this... this isnt like a real society... sigh..
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

You need to decide if you are a proficient artisan or a waiter. If it is the former you should charge; if it is the later you should beg for tips.
    And just an anecdote, at least 3 times the last couple of months I was tipped heavily on top of the charge I made. That's what tips are for - I performed over the expected, I got a tip.

I always charge a price, never ask for offers. Most people agree immediately, some people 'lol' at me first and send me a tell 5 minutes later to tell me they agree anyway. Some are just rude. I'm using a 1 bil tradeskill set to accomodate their needs and they'll have to pay for my time, the ip I spent and the tradeskill set they're lending from me. I don't think I charge high prices. Basicly I still feel like i'm doing people a favor when i'm doing tradeskills at a charge. If they 'lol', disagree or whatever I'm actually happy I got rid of them, but I know it can be hard to find a tradeskiller so I always try to propose a price. (at least if they dont ask me for ql 30 carb or imps. Every 220 atrox enforcer can do that just as well)

It is not fun to tradeskill and it usually takes 10-15 minutes if the city hq is involved. It does suck though when you need something made and you can't find anyone. The same goes for buff begging. I'd rather have someone tell me 1 mil when i ask for a 'riot control' than not get a reaction at all. I think most people think the same when tradeskilling is involved.

The funny thing is that some people think tradeskills should be free, while every time i'm looking for a buff I get maybe 1 reaction out of 5 people. I buff everyone when they ask me for a buff because it's really no work at all. People often say that tradeskilling is no work at all but if 4 out of 5 don't even react when a buff is asked, I wonder how they would act if they were tradeskillers. They have no idea at all whats involved.

So yes, buffs should be free, but tradeskills should be 'charged' (not 'tipped'). Reasonable people will be happy and thank you when you charge reasonable prices. (see 'pricings for tradeskills'). Little kids will whine.

Zirkonium, you are missing the point. Takun was worried that he is missing creds in some cases where people would have tipped for more than he charges. My point was that it doesn't matter. If one does not want to be treated as a waiter, always charge. And if you do exceptionally well, you might also be tipped.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast