Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for Tradeskills v3.0

Same here, but sometimes im not in mood
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jul 27th, 2006 at 19:00:59.

Just an idea I'm trying to implement lately and it works fine. Minimum price of 1m. Deters those who want free tradeskilling. I wave that off under two conditions. 1. I didn't just post "engi for hire". Right after I post that, nothing is free. 2. I'm in the mood.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

I find it very strange that 220 chars want me to make 500M items ... for less than pocket change or even free. And when I tell them my prices ... they cant even fork up 5M for a Dchest. Its a 500M item ffs and it requires a rare and rediciously expensive tool.

And when I explain WHY i want 5M for making that 500M item;
    - Millions of IP in tradeskills
    - No evades
    - Expensive tools
    - Trust
    - I can, you dont
    - Expensive item and I want in on the profit.

... and still they can fork up "Trust ... what trust? I wouldn't give you (the luxury of touching my items?) the items, if I didn trust you" <-- ftw?! From a complete stranger ;p

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    . Deters those who want free tradeskilling.
    After i changed my first/last name , if someone bothers me i almost always get tips. It really helped a lot.

I was doing TSing for free or "tip so much you feel right" for 220 lvls. Atm a lvl 50 has more money then I do so I'm quite fed up. After several ppl handed me AI armors to make high lvl ones or ql 300 AI weapons and barelly said "thx" when it was done I'm damn close to reset every single TS skills I have.
    So I decided that I'm gonna do the same as all the campers that sucked my blood in the past either when I made their stuff and they sold for xxx money or when they sold me tools/nanos for insane prices, I'm gonna start charge for TSing. No more tip if you want or thx is enough, no-no.
    Ofc there are exceptions and it's friends, org mates and lowbies (so long a lvl 10 not asking for making a ql 300 AI gun )
    I want my piece of the cookie, too!
    Justron 220/12 Eng Setup
    Docron 214/12 Doc Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Justron View Post
    I was doing TSing for free or "tip so much you feel right" for 220 lvls. Atm a lvl 50 has more money then I do so I'm quite fed up. After several ppl handed me AI armors to make high lvl ones or ql 300 AI weapons and barelly said "thx" when it was done I'm damn close to reset every single TS skills I have.
    So I decided that I'm gonna do the same as all the campers that sucked my blood in the past either when I made their stuff and they sold for xxx money or when they sold me tools/nanos for insane prices, I'm gonna start charge for TSing. No more tip if you want or thx is enough, no-no.
    Ofc there are exceptions and it's friends, org mates and lowbies (so long a lvl 10 not asking for making a ql 300 AI gun )
    I want my piece of the cookie, too!
    I'm with you. No more free rides.

More greedy engineers! Welcome to the family

Not sure about you, but I don't even think about any prices because NOONE asks me for tradeskill anymore. I did perhaps 2 pieces of armor and a glyph since april.

Year and half ago I was able to make 50-100m per month making stuff... But not anymore.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Yup kinda feeling the same way about tradeskilling atm. Got my 214 engie and man have i sacrificed alot of dmg/evades on raising ts instead. Sucks when ppl comes and ask u to do make a ql 300 type 112 or whatever and hardly even says thx. They want us for the tradeskills, but only times i even get into some sk teams lately is cause the doc is a m8.

Farmed my shape soft on a lowbie toon..took me 40 mish or so for it to drop. Done my first dchest. Guy asked if i had ssa and if so could i do a job. I asked what item and he said dchest. Told him he better tip for it. Got 10m for the job. About the only time i have ever needed to use my ssa :/..wasted time having item it seems

I didn't even bother with that...

I'm thinking I will start asking fixed prices again.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."

what sometimes works is doing tradeskills to get teams or some help in general
    i kinda gave up on the "TS earn me money"-concept now. It takes me more time to look up and ask for the prices and explain why i charge then if i would just make it .
    Time is money too .

So i mostly just leave it up to the tipper's mercy for now ...

been tipped enough now still not to make me reset TS which will happen anyway after LE
    But mostly being a "friendly" engineer gives you social benfits ... mostly
    Maxibb 60/6 keeper rimor
    Aolovechild 188/12 shade rimor
    Bodybuild 213/17 eng rimor
    Barcode1 220/21 eng rimor http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=35027

The three classes of players that tip the worst (in order)...

Tanks
    Healers
    Anyone over lvl 215

The first two groups often argue that they dont charge for tanking / healing services, where the third group assumes that everything is owed to them by that point in AO.

Having over 5m IP, 17 perks, and all the tradeskilling gear I could strap on just to make ql 300 combined armor at lvl 213, you'd think that would garner some appreciation.

As far as these prices are concerned, I usually see 10-15% of it if I am lucky, otherwise its like asking them to cut off a foot for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trussel View Post

Tanks
    Healers
    Anyone over lvl 215

The first two groups often argue that they dont charge for tanking / healing services, where the third group assumes that everything is owed to them by that point in AO.
    LMAO! thanks for new logon

Quote Originally Posted by Trussel View Post
    As far as these prices are concerned, I usually see 10-15% of it if I am lucky, otherwise its like asking them to cut off a foot for you.
    You missed the whole point.
    This list is prices you charge. Not prices you get tipped.

I actually treat these as minimum prices, and I ususally charge 10-50% more, depending on the person, and on how busy I am. And I can tell you I am chased with requests for tradeskiling, even at my prices (RK1 clan), and I refuse half of them simply because I rather do something else.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

How do you do it? I am not being asked for ANYTHING at all. Perhaps once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss View Post
    How do you do it? I am not being asked for ANYTHING at all. Perhaps once a week.
    *coughs* wonder if it has sonething to do with your sparkly personality...*coughs*

´
    Mantrin /\ Amno /\ Groess /\Egeria /\ Fisler /\ Iyix /\Ilijana /\

Krugerrand /\Omninecrosis /\ Masif /\ Indrik /\

phew. TRADEskills>oral skills :P

I don't do anything. People just send me tells. Rarely I post "tradeskiller for hire" on 1-50 shoping.

Perhaps I should work on my reputation :P

But still... WTB back the days when we could make 10-20mil per combined piece of armor

I decided to unsticky this thread to keep the forums less cluttered. The only sticked threads should be the guide, bugs list, wishlist, and one thread linking to all important threads.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast