Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best breed for PvP with new changes in mind?

Best breed for PvP with new changes in mind?

Just returned to the game and I want to make an Engie for Tl7 PvP. What would you guys recommend with all the new changes they are trying to put inplace? Atrox so you can actaly land perks or has that skill been/will be nerfed?

Atrox will be the best pvp brid after nerf.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

I will agree with the Atrox being the best for PVP, followed by Opifex for "higher" evades.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceona View Post
    Atrox will be the best pvp brid after nerf.
    in the end, MR will hurt you more then you hurt your opponent.
    it is to my belief that a nanomage grenade engineer will be good after the nerf.
    2 coons, access to demo perks and a shiny new pvp grenade weapon.

$ sudo apt-get install troll-shield
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Ofcourse you think that because that's what you are.

How convenient.
    Because Race Yalm

actually, I'm saying that cuz with the nerf will come the parry fix.
    and if you're grenade and able to quickly and dynamically swap your weapons depending on the situation, you just might be able to put on a parry weapon if needed when taking heavy fire while coon'd.
    having 2 coons would be all the better.

in most engineer pvp cases, engineer's ability to outlast is what often brings victory.
    adaptability is also key to survival.
    dual pistol setup post-AS nerf would make such a task more challenging to accomplish.

it's not just what I am, it's what I've learned.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 11th, 2009 at 02:36:55.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Soli is the best all around breed, even with the new changes.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Right now : Nanomage, then Solitus, and don't listen to those guys above, none of them ever did any PvP apart from Neme I'd have to wait to see what are they going to do with Mongo Rage before i recommend Atrox.

When i had my first 220 engi i rolled with a friend he picked atrox i did soli , it was abit harder for him to cast pets but the xtra hp he had didnt feel like it was worth giving up Survival . Id say best pick is soli or nm depending on what you prefer , in some situations nm cocon is better in others survival is better basicly its about your play style .
    All that beeing sayid i dont belive atrox will ever be better then nm or soli .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    none of them ever did any PvP apart from Neme
    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7794/titles.png

...and counting.

I'd hold off rolling it till friday. Likely the breed/general perk change documentation will be out then.

Should be a good idea to watch out for breed/mechanics changes before making a blanket statement based on the incomplete changes that have currently been suggested.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I definitely wouldn't go trox before MR's fate has been decided.

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

Currently Nanomage comes out at the top mostly due to changes to Creative Mind line (and few other AI lines). The combinaton of absorb item + having 10 free ai perk points to distribute is very decent and very flexible , and while compared to Solitus/Atrox always comes out on the top with AR and/or nanoskills , with arguably similar defense. Though i still consider Solitus the best breed from stricly defensive point of view. Also as far as genome perks go i'd definitely expect some improvements to Opi/Nanomage genome perks - we should find out this friday i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    You are the only person on this board that had restort to showing off your "impressive" kill count in order to build some PvP credibility, it really says it all.

Stick to debating in tradeskills topics.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    You are the only person on this board that had restort to showing off your "impressive" kill count in order to build some PvP credibility, it really says it all.
    Hey, killing those 212 fixers is serious work.

I might actually be impressed but from what I hear, you use remod and aimed shot more than you do your sloth so that's really nothing to point out. Regardless a 210 doctor could get that many kills with parry sticks if they played enough. If you get my point.

How about you post some pvp videos of you beating 220 people in duels with grenade gun, then we might have something to talk about.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

I'm trying to imagine the expression on the face of the new engi forum mod. By now, they probably think they know why the short straw was for this forum
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

lol

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

At least nanomage breed perklines are somewhat decent (talking about secondary line with DamageToNano mitigation).

Solitus have improved healing power , with Survival firing in 1sec and Feel adding a small hot/not (nothing gamebreaking), on top of tacky hack that reduce snare and root now.

Opifex looks interesting , especially Adapt (1special/normal blocker every 4 sec for 20secs). I wonder if it stack with our OP self blockers.

Just LOL about the new MR without drawback
    Kumo to kumo no aida wo tsukinukete
    Dare mo mita koto no nai basho e
    Yume no naka de egaiteita basho e
    Arifureta SUPIIDO wo koete

Atrox
    Primary: very nice for DD Engy with +150 dmg for 60s every 120s (50% of the time, thats pretty huge). MR of course too.

Secondary: 500 static HP in addition to the ~1500 HP advantage atrox already has over soli. survival clone does 3000 healing over 20s and MoF does insta 2000-3000 heal, meaning atrox now has the most healing from genome line where previously they had none.

Nanomage
    Primary: init debuff+snare is pretty nice

Secondary: nano to damage is pretty nice, not sure but with 27% self reflect i guess this adds about 7% to your reflects

Soli
    Primary: landable root with 5 perks, 10 perks gives +25 crit to entire team, very nice

Secondary: Feel is kinda lame compared to the other static buff genomes, 600hp/300 nano per minute, but since you would have this line perks for other reasons...whatever. Survival changed from 3600 healing/30s to 5000 hp+nano/18s, but recharge increased as well. Tacky hack in same line with increased anti root abilities.

Opifex
    Primary: This line is made of feces.

Secondary: The permabuff of 100 AAD is useless to engy but great for many opifexes. Dizzying heights useful I guess if you get UBTed and need to cast pet attention badly or something *shrug* Blocker also not that great for engy, alhough it says it will block a normal attack as well. It probably would set special blockers to 1 tho.

Overall I'd rank the genome perks like this for engy

Atrox
    Soli - Nano
    Opifex
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    the
    Well, to balance it out, at least the rest of the breeds aren't neutered..

Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast