Thread: Hiding from the dreaded "List". Aieee!

Smile Hiding from the dreaded "List". Aieee!

Is it possible to hide/remove yourself from being listed when another person types /list? Admittedly this command has some uses but sometimes its just_plain_annoying.

When selling items for instance, chances are you could be /telling more than one person at once, the last thing you need is someone typing /list to find an agent then bombarding you with "FG plz". Personally i think theres nothing wrong with finding someone this way, as longs as you are POLITE! If was going to trouble a high level doc ive never spoken to before for a +80 ater finding them on a /list, i'd damn sure put my grovelling hat on first.

Bombarding someone with incoherent d00dsp3ak when theres a chance you could be interupting them doing something important doesnt seem to me like an ideal way to get the buffs you need.

Anyone else having similar /list-related fun?

I agree completely, it's a pain in the arse! I'm a MA so the only buff request I get are from low lvl players trying to get a edge in pvp. To me that's not too bad. But being in the middle of something and having someone I don't know mssg me and ask me if I want to team every few minutes is starting to really bother me. As well as the people who just simply target and hit recruit without as much as saying " Hi " first. Now I might be wrong but I think it's safe to say that if a player is looking to join a team they will shout lft or use the seeking team channel. While some of you might think it to be nice not to have to look for a team just stand around until someone recruits you but not me. I believe there is a reason why we have differant chat channels. So please use them.

I believe that if you type /anon it will keep you from being listed.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.