Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Red - True colours of the Neutrals?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Red - True colours of the Neutrals?

Red - True colours of the Neutrals?
    August 09, 29482 - Marion Vein [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - NEWLAND – As the intentions of City Mayor, Zephrem "Toog" King, become ever more questionable, a shady deal struck within the confines of the Clan Tower of Truth threatens to put Newland’s very neutrality into question. The city’s foreign affairs department was seen consorting with Red Freedom in order to achieve their ends of facilitating the escape of convict and madman Harland “Retoolkit” Brigetty early this spring.

Over the short time following a relaxation of police and military action in the area, Newland has descended into a haven for criminals and smugglers seeking protection from the arm of justice with lamentable (and often frightening) speed. For long now, the actions of Newland’s government have made forays into illegality, seemingly without regard to cautions from the Omni-Tek Board of Directors.

Despite all this, Omni-Tek has continued to view the city with an air of tolerance, and with a mother’s urge to nurture and guide her child gone astray. However, following recent developments, it appears as though even this will not be able to shield Newland forever from the stern eyes of the law.

On the evening of the March Council of Truth meeting, The Newland Minister for Foreign Affairs strode into the Tower, and proceeded to plead with the Council for assistance in attempting a jailbreak for Mr. Brigetty, enlisting the help of several members, including Red Freedom, who were to spearhead the operation. It seems that there are no lengths Newland aren’t willing to go in order to achieve their ends.

In a publicly released log, it was revealed that the minister spoke of secrecy, and that the neutrals could not “openly” work with the Clans. It seems that Newland is veering ever more boldly into alignment with the terrorists, while maintaining pretence of so-called neutrality. Some neutrals have accused the mayor of serving his own prejudices, instead of for the good of the neutral community as a whole, such as Mrs. "Jenshai" Jeneve, who stated: “The Newland government can all go to hell!”

The Mayor’s overzealous campaign for independence has only served to alienate him from those who he claims to be serving. During the council meeting Saturday 2nd of August, he flatly refused a good-willed offer to set up an embassy in Newland, citing that, without a corresponding Clan embassy, it would show bias toward the corporation. With the events of the past few months, this claim seems laughable.

After the operation, the Newlanders allowed Mr. Brigetty to be passed onto Red Freedom personnel for protection. From a recently given statement, he has declared that he is doing work for the terrorists in order to repay them for their services.

The location of Harland Brigetty remains unknown, as this article goes to print. If you have any information related to this case, please contact Marion "Vinwooke" Vein at the first instance.

Wow... it took you THIS long to come up with some investigation only to come out with only most of it incorrect, as opposed to all of it.

Keep up the good work.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    ... Some neutrals have accused the mayor of serving his own prejudices, instead of for the good of the neutral community as a whole, such as Mrs. "Jenshai" Jeneve, who stated: ...
    Firstly, who would quote that idiot? Secondly, it would have been better if I was interviewed on those developments and not spoken to in general. Thirdly, I wish there was better communications and agreements with the Clans.

Finally.

Such lies coming from the Mouth Piece of the Corporation.

Omni-Tek sure has fallen from grace.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    Firstly, who would quote that idiot? Secondly, it would have been better if I was interviewed on those developments and not spoken to in general. Thirdly, I wish there was better communications and agreements with the Clans.

Finally.
    I clearly remember listening to a log saying something to the effect of: "I can spin this however I want." directly from Vin herself. She would quote herself, shameless supporting her own crusade to demerit everything around her that is not the company. All the while, patting herself on the back while doing so. Her yarns serve nothing.

Honestly, Miss Jenshai... I wish we had better relations with the Neutrals. Many of them I consider good close personal friends. We have our disagreements, but those have never gotten in the way. I am in the minority, however. Hell, I'd love nothing more than a nice round table of respect on all sides... but sadly, there has been much at stake and lost, people are still hurt and/or torn over certain issues. Quite frankly, we all have different opinions of what we want outta life, and that is how it is.

The so called "True" colors of the Neutrals are for the Neutral's to decide. What Vin wishes to point out is that your colors do not match hers, and is willing to ****e that opinion to the point of aggression against you. I mean let's face it, Retoolkit made a grown decision to lash out against a wholly inappropriate and very public issue. That is what we classically refer to as 'courage'. Nice to know the value of things like that are rewarded with violence, isn't it?
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Aug 9th, 2008 at 23:54:20.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Well, one of the first things we can do is start working towards a goal, be that making a team of neutrals and clans to kill Azutur, that is a positive step. For when we work in a team are protected by a tank or healed by a doctor, we learn respect and build trust.

((Expect some pestering in game.))

((Seriously, whatever happened to OTPC and FJRK? Why can't the clan and omni propaganda be published by their own press organizations? Someone's been falling down on this for well over a year.))

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    ((Seriously, whatever happened to OTPC and FJRK? Why can't the clan and omni propaganda be published by their own press organizations? Someone's been falling down on this for well over a year.))
    (( cus Marion "Vinwooke" Vein is a player reporter.... and from the thread on how to become a reporter it says

Quote Originally Posted by Devdas View Post
    For those of you unfamiliar with the RSS, it is an interface which allows you -- the player -- to write and submit news articles pertaining to the game.
    If approved, your article will be posted here (in Editor News) as a Freelance submission and will be sent out over the IRRK News Wire to people currently in-game
    All player articles are considered Freelance.))
    Last edited by jitterwind; Aug 10th, 2008 at 15:42:13.
    Dr. Alexsey Tereskov, Major, Medical Services
    Omni-Tek Armed Forces, Urban Division

OT-AF Urban Division

((As Minoque, sentinel-zombie))

These treacherous fencesitters remains as what they are. What is wrong with Red Freedom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I wish we had better relations with the Neutrals.
    They should be dealt with by weapons, what are you thinking?
    Last edited by monique; Aug 10th, 2008 at 15:55:08.

Vinwooke: (( Vin reports news. She dosen't have anything to *do* with much at all. It's her duty to clear things up so she can present a unified view to the public ))

To [Vinwooke]: [[No offense, but that statement is full of bull****, because that article you posted completely says the opposite. ]]

Vinwooke: (( I was bored ))

[[Seems like the article is a lie afterall...]]
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

(( IIRK must be the new Rubi-Ka Trash Tabloid then. ftw ))
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

What do you expect since they banned Chit Chat, Inc.
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Quote Originally Posted by Nadab View Post
    What do you expect since they banned Chit Chat, Inc.
    "They" didn't ban Chit Chat. He did something dumb and got run off of Rubi-Ka.

((Player articles can say pretty much anything they want, within reason - read the rules - Lie or not, it raises a controversy. It's up to the Council or the members to do something about it. I had a zero tolerance policy when it came to stuff like this.))

(( ^ What Astera said ^

News in the real world will always skew/bend the truth, if not blatantly lie. It's no different then a news channel for an online game, much less one that offers a digital platform of sorts to would be journalists. No reason to get so bent out of shape, when you could be discussing this in character, with comrades, or even take it up with the writer in your character's own special way.

Complaining about it in brackets only robs you of the opportunity to Rawlplay and have fun with others. ))
    Last edited by Kotts; Aug 12th, 2008 at 00:19:38.
    Point Blank

Parts of this article is libellous at best....

Having been exposed as nothing more than a self-serving charlatan, or in old-earth terms a "trash tabloid paparazzi gold-digger", the minimum response should be some solitary confinement.
    Last edited by Zeephonz; Aug 12th, 2008 at 00:01:47.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".