Thread: prophet without honour

prophet without honour

i was just wondering, is FC planning to release all the book for free? how many chapeters/pages is it? Have they already released the whole book? i was wondering if i should get it for Xmas...
    -Stimmed Out

Its a kickass book
    If I remember right I think there is about 18 chapters, think the site is currently up to about chapter 5. It doesnt give too much away but it does make you seriously think about whats to come. And it fills in the history of humanity and how we got to this state, and the big moments in history up to the Amnesty.
    I liked it, and the friends I know who also have it liked it...was a touch expensive what with shipping charges etc, and I guess if they made a paperback version it would probably be a lot more appealing to more people. But its a nice way of looking into the minds of Ross too *very cool bloke*.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Thumbs up

I am about to finish this book, it has 18 chapters, and yes, it is a very good read! Even if you're not into AO, really.

yeah same here.. i had my doubts at first about the book, thought itd be a lot more amateuristic but damn.. that wasnt a half-bad read at all, very well written in places and lots of attention to detail.. so yeah, great book hehe..

Thumbs up

yep, the book is great and Tornquist is a great storyteller, I hope they don't quit the animated series too, it would be a big pity, it has lots of potential

Thumbs up Great Read!

I received the book via Fed Ex yesterday after ordering it just 2 days ago. I am already on page 207! I can't put this book down.
    I am an avid yet particular reader and I TOO must admit having reservations about the quality of the novel but they were layed to rest rather quickly.

For those of you who are familiar with "The Longest Journey" you would recognize that Tornquist seems to have a knack at weaving a great story while working within the boundries of a PC Game/RPG environment. You don't even have to be a fan of Sci/Fi to enjoy his work in "Prophet Without Honor". It is an extremely fast paced, suspenseful and unpredictable piece of work that keeps you glued to the page way past your bedtime.

While it probably won't win any Literary Guild Awards due to it's genre and the fact that this is Tornquist's first full length novel, I believe that the author has a promising future and I would recommend this book to anyone, AO RPG'er or not.

Talking

AO is the first example of a game with a GREAT story teller and mediocre game designers. Usually they are mediocre game designers and FOUL story tellers ^_^ BTW, the only case of strong story telling combined with strong game design that I can remember of is the whole Ultima 7, and maybe fallout 2 (but a step below).

Smile Excellent

Reminded me why I was so excited about AO when I first bought the game. Tornquist is a great writer. He did a great job with The Longest Journey and this game will be great because of his writing.

The book was outstanding. Good hard-core sci-fi with great glimpses (and insights) into issues such as morality, horrifying greed, sacrifice, and the never ending struggle between good and evil.

I can't wait to find out how the underlying secrets of the book materialize in the game! A good read.

Re: Excellent

Originally posted by Atilius the Hun

I can't wait to find out how the underlying secrets of the book materialize in the game!
    I can't wait as well... Hoping that the developers don't screw everything up in the process (jk, I'm no captfallout, am I? hehe)

Talking Hehe

Don't think so bud!

Yea, I hope the same thing.

Talking

Just finished the book.. Well, I'm going to find out where old spoiler threads are, I really want to discuss on the ending