Thread: Why do ppl hate to work as a team in team missions?

Why do ppl hate to work as a team in team missions?

I am just wondering why ppl will use 45 min. to get a group together and then once they get the mission 90% of the time then its, every man for himself.

No one wants to work as a group. ppl dieing on the way to missions, ppl buffing in the first room and agging 4 reds while others are still on the way.

No one wants to take the time to learn how to assist, its a matter of how fast can we get thru this mission. ppl break mezz while fighting 4 reds at the same time instead using assist, and then wonder how they die. No one waits for ppl to rebuff, open a locked chest and then cry that no one is helping them as they run completely off of map scanners.

There must be ppl that understand if ya work as a team its almost impossible to die. but if eveyone is the boss then screw it cuz your dead.

I am not a "prof" gamer here and i have only been here for about 1½ months but I am 20x the gamer than half the idiots that just run guns blazing into 8x8 and wonder why everyone is dead.

I am very interested in hooking up will a group of good teamers. Lemme know if ur 1.

Current bodies:
    71 NT
    27 Fixer

It gets a bit better as you get higher in level.

I have some alts around your level and I would rather solo than group....

sometimes

Tonight I was with a certain infamous 160 omni Agent, he decided to start pulling mobs whilst team was buffing, then ran off after team had killed the mobs (whilst unbuffed) and started pulling more. He was then kicked from the team to which he threatened to train mobs onto the group. Strangely he was reinvited back into the team (perhaps team leader didnt hear this comment, I wouldnt have let him back in) to which he proceeded to ninja loot. He set off two rats whilst we were fighting. Being a 155 MA I dont care about rats anymore, but it did p*** me off the second time when I was fighting 2 192 mobs and he released another rat - most of the team was 130ish, doc was especially vulnerable.

Probably wouldnt have even posted this...waiting for chat server to come back

Coolglow/Fiveskin

Unhappy

Yes i often thought about this myself...

All you can do (I think) is to remeber folks that you teamed with and you thought was good. I have started to ask theese people directly instead of shouting "lfg".

Another thing thats true is that a group with a tank (best with a enf for the essence) that knows what he is doing are a must... In may ways the tank are the most important person in the team, organizing, leading, pulling, keep aggro, gives order of retreet etc, etc... If i find a person that does a good job tanking he/she on my list!

And yes axis.. i just love good NT's, their calming and HE's.. Gimme a tell ingame, im 77 now (got some friends that share your view also)

Ok I will. Is your nick Dinoq in game also? And are you in RK2.

By the way I have since gotta in a very good guild that has really helped. I am 30k from 84 lvl now. will make 100 in about 10 days, if work will let me

Started a new trader tho. Only for tradeskills not much teaming for him. HAHA If only the sytem worked that way.
    Last edited by Z-Axis; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 21:40:02.

Talking

Calming my self.

Jep good team just rock.
    I hardly anymore play my lowbie alts becouse those 100- team are so un organaised.

EDIT= and i really like persons who no how to calm. crats, nts, traders, and even adventures
    Last edited by NOVA; Aug 21st, 2002 at 13:43:11.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

I used to wonder the same thing about Counter Strike. Then they implemented VoiceOverNet technology, and it became clear.

Those squeaky, high-pitched voices belonged to pre-acne insecure juvenile delinquant wanna-bes.

Probably the same in AO.

Oh amen!

As i am old enuff to be grandfather to some of these young <censor> I am a strong advocate of adult servers. I realize this isn't possible but its still ok to dream.

As said the best way I have found to fight idiots is get in a good org, and as stated earlier, remember those you found to be good teammates.

I already have a bad rep on RK2 for leaving teams that don't work together. As they figure I am just an idiot, they don't realize I leave becuz they can't play the game as a team. But my words them are <Big censor>.
    Z

The Boyz
    Zedaxis Nanotech
    Psykopusher Fixer
    Chubbyazz Trader

Arrow

I think that was when I quit CS and played FA (fireams) instead. That mod got ruined too but it took them over a year to patch it and ruin the feel that made it fun

Weird how all games end up with nerfs.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

To bad...

Yes, axis, my nick is Dinoq, but unfortunately on RK1.

Btw can only agree on what has been said concerning guilds, get in a really good one and you are saved! I can only speak for myself but people in the one im with ("The Velvet Glove") really care for echother. We have a "help a newbie/low-lvl and some time in the future that newbie will be the one who helps another guildie" - Works great!