Thread: How you know your pick up team isn't ALTS

How you know your pick up team isn't ALTS

You are quite happily bashing your way through QL26ish mission at Lvl 15 and barely staying alive when your enforcer compains he cant keep aggro and shows his ql2 hammer in chat.

Your doc thinks that heals are useless and is concentrating on getting / using DOTS.

You send a team mate to get a team mission from rome while you are in trade with the rest of the team doing last minute shopping. He is taking a long time. You ask him where he is? He replies outside the mission waiting for us. I ask how are we going to find the mission, he tell me DOH Follow the little yellow marker I explain about different zones and team missions. No apology but he is on his way back. Spend ten minutes trying to explain how he updates us with the team mission. Discover he has a solo mission Send someone else for mission all get there enter mission and start to buff, same person PEEKS into the main room and autoattacks half the team die.

Those are my experiences so far with going back to playing a new low level alt.

Funny???? well they are now but dam annoying at the time.

What about yours?
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

This should be in the already popular topic, " How you know your team is going to die" post.

Finished all missions so far with no permant losses to the team

But you are right would have fitted nicely into that thread. Wasn't on the first page though so I didnt spot it.

Well I wont duplicate my post there just link from here and let this one slide into obscurity

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=6

All on Rimor

Talking

LOL

Now hi levels rediscover that noobs exists in this game (well i mean low levels noobs )

It's seems unfair to me to laugh at real newbies on AO, come on let them learn we all have to admit that teaming before lvl 50 is taking some more risks and that's the way it should be

Yeah i know, some "professionnal players" don't have time to lose with stupid newbies because they have to go till level 150 before the end of the week but still when i see a 100+ than don't know how to play, i think he's playing Ao like i played arkanoid 10 years ago --> click click click click click...
    But if he's 50-, well, can't laugh really because in two month he can be a great player (yes he can be an horrible player too, then he has a post just for him )

just imagine : they teamed with you, one learned the différence between team and solo, how to update, the other learned that soloting the main room when others are buffing themselves is a bad idea

some will remember it and will progress, some others will just be bad played but we can't know know, and this post could discourage newbies to team tough they really need it to learn, nobody wants to be in the "hall of noobness"
    Idahoh - Adventurer

Synergy Factor

You have to give them chance to "learn" the stuff, instead of complaining that why your team mates aren't alts...
    I met this guy a while before, and he kept complaining about the way I pull/tank/lead... and braging about how his main was lvl 170 Trader and he has a lvl 60 enf... so what? Like I care...

I always try to help newer players in this game, as I do think that everyone including all those 200 level players where in a similar position once.

I do refuse to give credits for newer players, as I think they have to make up in the RK2 by themselves. however, giving an advise can be time consuming, but once you have actually made somebody happy with his/her new knowledge about the game...doesn't it also make you happy?

There are people in this game who would not even pee on the same direction when newer players come and ask for polite advise. There are people who think they are semi-gods b/c they have high level characters etc. The fact is that this is a social computer game and you won't get real-life benefits from mastering it, its purely for fun and enjoyment...to pass time in pleasure. Many people probably start this game in this way, but along the many levels their goals/aims/thinking gets changed and they become elitists. Every MMORPG has this same problem not just AO.

I am also a hardcore RTS player, and in these type of games you can actually win real cash when entering competitions. It is much more competitive and in some occasions ruthless environment unless you are a very good player or belong to a nice guild. With AO you will never get rich (unless you are Ebayer) and you still probably won't get rich in comparison to RTS world (if you are one of the top players). Hence, I usually get shivers or giggles when I see people with enormous amoutn of obsession for rare items or attitude towards elitism in this game...when even getting those items/ or level 200/ or PvP title will get you absolutely nothing more the fictional glory with no relation to real life what so ever.

I love RPGs, I love MMORPGs even more, but my heart belongs to RTSs.
    Last edited by North; Aug 14th, 2002 at 12:33:32.

dont team til lvl50 when ur playin a alt o_O

You are quite happily bashing your way through QL26ish mission at Lvl 15 and barely staying alive...
    Well, if you were in a team doing QL26 missions at level 15, they were almost *definitely* alts, just badly played ones.

The vast majority of new players have to equip themselves from mission rewards. Because you basically level every mission at that level, buy the time you win a piece of armor, you've outgrown it.

The upshot is that, by level 15, most new players are *barely* into armor and weapons of their level. Unless they're smart enough to discover and exploit flaws in the game like 100k QL1 concrete cushions.

I think it's safe to say that no new level 15, cheesy gear and all, is going to survive a lvl26 mission.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

I think it's safe to say that no new level 15, cheesy gear and all, is going to survive a lvl26 mission.
    Well that depends really on whether or not my fully equipped ALT doctor is with them.

All on Rimor

When I play a low level alt, I feel a bit less pressure. If I screw something up big time, my teammates rarely notice it. :P

Of course, we all die alot, too.

I thought...

there was a limit of 8 characters per server....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My little 'ol army on RK2 consists of.

2 Engineers
    2 Enforcers
    2 MAs
    1 Crat
    1 Soldier
    1 Trader
    1 Doctor
    1 NT
    1 Agent
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cyberbane?

If you know a secret to unlimited characters, better give it up =)

Unlimited characters...mmm could be nice.

8 chars per server

RK1 = 8
    Rk2 = 8
    Rk3 = 8
    Test = 8

So 32 Chars are possible from one account.

But my real secret is that I pay for 2 accounts

All on Rimor