Thread: what about making the newbie chat channel

what about making the newbie chat channel

available to you after you exceed newbie level?

some times when i am just goofing around i tune into the ooc to answer questions as good as i can but i do remember the steep learning curve ao had - so the people who would need listening in and guidance the most are caught in the backyards.

my pet peeve is that i sometimes see guilded people asking newbie questions implying their recruiter was not very thorough

anyway, its not my intention to apply for ark or greeter but i think it would be a nice idea if you could tune into the channel to help new arrivals.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Re: what about making the newbie chat channel

Originally posted by Blackwing

my pet peeve is that i sometimes see guilded people asking newbie questions implying their recruiter was not very thorough

Mostly I agree with your point but you can't really blame guild recruiters for that. No matter how much you direct ppl to helpful sites or tell them in one day sometimes you still need to ask a question.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Guess for the moment, the better way to help new arrivals is to descend into the backyards and answer their questions directly...

But it's true that "real" newbies would certainly need such a channel. I won't even mention the OOC chan', or maybe it's just me who logs at hours when it's full of crap, but most of the time this channel's now useless...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Re: Re: what about making the newbie chat channel

Originally posted by Kissysuzuki

Mostly I agree with your point but you can't really blame guild recruiters for that. No matter how much you direct ppl to helpful sites or tell them in one day sometimes you still need to ask a question.
    well - asking questions is not the problem.

people not knowing what ncu does at lvl 20ish is.

some "boot camp" would be nice. maybe also assigning them a mentor for a couple of days.

when i meet new people i try to run them through the skill panel.

of course i have no idea how much of that they will remember but it gives them a rough idea about how the game works.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.