Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The guy from the Animated Story was found permadead!

The guy from the Animated Story was found permadead!

The bald guy who was involved with Dust Brigade in the animated story was found dead. The Omni Herald reported it today. His remains remain unidentified. http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten.../stranger.html

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Permanent death by unnatural causes is a relatively rare occurrence, and is cause for concern with investigators, who refuse to speculate about the possible use of life-force disruptor weapons.
    Life-force disrupters? Comon', the man obviously died from sub-standard implants. Just look at him! For crying out loud, they're external! He just died from infection of the ocular socket, simple as that... case closed.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Interesting, very interesting. Life-force disruptor weapons are highly restricted Omni-Tek technology, according to my recollection of the timeline.

Yay, a story tie-in! Woo!
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

"Now, listen closely. You screw this one up, you die a thousand deaths ... a hundred thousand. We'll bring you back and snuff you out till your mind is a blank ... till your soul is no more. Now, here's what you're going to do .... "

Seems somebody screwed up.

Is that a female voice behind the Masqued Commando on the screen?

Nooooooooooooo!

What the...? They killed off that cool looking dude? WHY?!

I think that was a female voice behind the Commando on the screen, yes. "If you are not with us, you are against us!"

And remember, this guy with his protruding eye implant thingy was trying to hose the Amnesty. I can't quite remember... was it ever made clear in the animation that he was working for Omni-Tek? I remember he seemed to be working as a liason/contact between a corporate interest and the Dusters.

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

"The Stranger" worked for Sol Banking, not Omni-Tek. He used false ID and such to cover it up
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

I just have to interject totally and unabashedly out of character that this type of discussion is so totally refreshing. It renews so much vigor into my suppositions regarding the goings on behind the scenes on Rubi'Ka.

I wonder how many remember back in Beta when an encrypted message was leaked to 'the press' and we tried so hard to crack the algorithm I wish I could dig up some of the threads regarding that. In retrospect, I wonder if we applied 'Dust to dust' to the scrambled letters if we could reverse engineer the code.

We all know that somewhere out there still lurks a bald black man who recently uploaded the rules for Chess to his NCU. We panned out to the entrance to the Foreman's Office. But, current whereabouts unknown.

So back to the immediate topic. If this guy was indeed snuffed by the Dust Brigade, was it as promised owing to his 'failure'? Is this an admission of defeat by the Dust Brigade with respect to their immediate plans?

And the Dusters who left the Tir Grid yesterday and were seen heading to the CoT building. Let's just hope for the sake of political stability that they didn't leave a present with a five-hour timer on it.

Edit:

Found a link to part of it:

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/a...=&fpart=1&vc=1

Did they really get that close to figuring it out? And odd my memory failed me in that it was August and not beta (on the other hand ....)
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Aug 13th, 2002 at 21:05:02.

And OOCly speaking maybe now that I'm almost level 140 I won't just be low speed bump for the Masked Commando mobs.

I will be a mid-sized speed bump instead!

Talking

I want to be a speed bump too! Yay, Voice of Freedom is back! Something is happening!

Oh and on the dead guy...he was looking kinda sick anyway. He didnt need that eye implant. He needed a face implant, preferably quality 200.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I just have to interject totally and unabashedly out of character that this type of discussion is so totally refreshing. It renews so much vigor into my suppositions regarding the goings on behind the scenes on Rubi'Ka.
    Yay! Me agrees. This is the kind of discussion I can really get into

I think it's safe to say that the authorities won't let this case go until they've solved it. Life-force distruptors are baaad, and so are mysterious, unidentified dead bodies. Those of you who've seen the animated show know that the "Stranger" played a key part in the introduction of the Dust Brigade...and if you haven't seen the show, go check it out. Now. Yes, now.

-Ragnar

Unhappy NO! NOT THE STRANGER!

*sniffle* They can't kill off "The Stranger", he is (was) my hero!

*sniffle* He's been my desktop wallpaper for over six months!

Oh I got it. He's a martyr now. Right.

And by the way Ragnar. Please please don't stop posting. Your sudden recent appearance on these forums makes a huge world of difference to many of us older players who do really care, love, and enjoy AO, warts and all!

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Director of Operations, OTSEC

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org
    www.ot-sparta.org

Smile

What's all this, then? *peers closely*

A storyline? I thought they were extinct... but if storylines are being reintroduced to Rubi-Ka, then we should indeed rejoice!

(Even if it cost the life of a Story Character(TM), it's a nice way to get the ball rolling again.)

Any published details on the stranger's death and circumstances thereabout will be eagerly devoured by the starved masses, I should think. And speculation ensues.

(Finally a reason to put more hours into AO again!)
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Ragnar

Yay! Me agrees. This is the kind of discussion I can really get into

I think it's safe to say that the authorities won't let this case go until they've solved it. Life-force distruptors are baaad, and so are mysterious, unidentified dead bodies. Those of you who've seen the animated show know that the "Stranger" played a key part in the introduction of the Dust Brigade...and if you haven't seen the show, go check it out. Now. Yes, now.

-Ragnar

Perhaps the upcoming patch and server maintenance this morning will introduce a change in the world due to these recent occurances.

/me ponders the thought

Anyway I feel after the dust brigade made their little chemical weapons they had no more use for this man, or maybe he designed and made something altogether worse and they had no more use for him. We have yet to see.

/gloat
    Wizard's First Rule, people are stupid.
    Wizard's Eigth Rule- Deserve Victory. -Terry Goodkind / Author

My 100th post!

I Am A: Chaotic Good Elf Ranger
    Find outWhat D&D Character Are You?

S.H.Y.E.N.I.A.: Synthetic Hydraulic Youth Engineered for Nocturnal Infiltration and Assassination
    What Cyborg are you?

Talking I saw the Stranger!

He isn't dead, he faked it so he could hide out and go undercover. He's now posing under the identity "Ragnar" on earth. Just notice the unusual posting activity.....

but who is he hiding from? and who helped him fake his death?

Wink

Paying 10 million credits for one of those Life-Force disruptor thingies! I need to give some guy named Ross some lovin with it.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

But wait!

Isn't Ross too old for insurance technology to reliably work?
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Perhaps the upcoming patch and server maintenance this morning will introduce a change in the world due to these recent occurances.
    /me also ponders the thought

Presumably, an ICC "peacekeeping" force is on its way to Rubi-Ka to protect the "stability" of the notum supply. I, for one, will be actively scouting all known notum production facilities as well as the notum cannons for any sign of ICC or SBC incursion.

As a loyal citizen of Rubi-Ka and a tireless employee of Omni-Tek, I relish the thought of expelling these troops from our home with extreme prejudice. Let's just hope that we can clear out those ICC dirtbags before they have a chance to insure!
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Originally posted by Skeena
    Let's just hope that we can clear out those ICC dirtbags before they have a chance to insure!
    Those "ICC dirtbags" are kind enough to allow you to continue your shady lease and exclusively mine this planet. If you know what's good for you, you'll be extra-special nice when you run into them.

Honestly, I suppose I should be promoting this idea...good Omni, go shoot the Peacekeepers. We'll see how well you do with another aerial bombardment from TruSpace Networks. Maybe this time they'll cancel your lease all together instead of just severely restricting it.

As for Ross and insurance...he doesn't have any. He's not too old, he just refuses to use it. Hence why he never leaves Omni-1.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Do you really have that much faith in ICC?

Those "ICC dirtbags" are kind enough to allow you to continue your shady lease and exclusively mine this planet. If you know what's good for you, you'll be extra-special nice when you run into them.
    I probably should have stated my position on ICC first: Please consider the following facts:

1. At the behest of Sol BC, ICC has invoked emergency powers that allow it to act against member hyper-corproations without majority approval. Not surprisingly, ICC's first dictatorial action has been to dispatch armed troops to Rubi-Ka, under the guise of a peacekeeping effort.

2. This extreme response by ICC has supposedly been motivated by the need to maintain stability between a weakened CoT and a discordant OT. However, relations between these groups are currently not heavily strained. Rather, any recent instability has been as a result of the external influence of the DB and the CoA.

3. OT and CoT have abided by the terms of the Tir accord, whose formulation and signature were observed by ICC. In fact, OT has gone beyond the original terms of the agreement to completely withdraw its mining operations from all Clan-held territories. Nonetheless, ICC continues to meddle in Rubi-Kan affairs on the grounds that the Tir Accord is being jeopardized.

4. ICC was unilaterally responsible for abridging OT's lease on Rubi-Ka and nearly abrogated the contract in spite of a lack of concrete evidence demonstrating wrongdoing by OT. The option to renew this lease is 100% contingent upon OT complying with all future ICC directives.

5. Although ICC's stated mandate is to represent the interests of its consituent hyper-corporations, its actions are constantly in conflict with OT's agenda. You may remember that ICC initiated a failed military campaign against OT, which was abandoned due to a lack of member support in the wake of the corporate wars.

Whereas OT and ICC may have once been in league, it is clear to me now that this is no longer the case. I am currently of the mind that ICC, backed by SBC and potentially greater interests, are behind many of the destablizing events of late. On the surface, it would appear that their interest is to seize the notum concession from Omni-Tek and end the Clan bid towards sovereignty.

In this regard, it is highly likely that they are the unseen backers of both the Dust Brigade as well as the Council of Ares. It would seem to me that ICC has been using these agencies as tools to sow discontent and provide an ideal pretext for an ICC invasion of Rubi-Ka.

As such, ICC no longer has any legitimacy in my opinion. How can ICC continue to function as a respresentative body when it is no longer accountable to its consituents? How can ICC claim to be a neutral arbiter of the situation on Rubi-Ka when it is clearly being manipulated by SBC? How can ICC expect the citizens of Rubi-Ka to recognize their peacekeeping authority when their agenda clearly runs counter to the interests of OT and Clan alike?

In summary, ICC are hypocrites of the highest order. They are not to be trusted by OT employees nor should they be welcomed by Clan or neutral supporters. I would further recommend that you adopt a similar view as the "extra-special-nice" approach is liable to get us all killed.

Wake up people! There are far greater forces at play here!
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast