Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Unique Mob/Rare item system is...

The answer to this is simple: nerf camping!

How to nerf camping (being the expert nerfers you are FunCom, you shouldn't even need to read this):

All regular mobs (i.e. leets, claws, etc..) should be limited to a playfield (not just an area of that playfield). All unqiue/uber mobs should simply be able to spawn anywhere.

Mobs should not have timers on them. They should respawn in a completely different playfield shortly after you kill them. Rubi-Ka is huge. If Tarasque spawned in the northern part of eastern foul plains or avalon, it could take a while before anyone actually found him...

As for the existing rare items. Update existing items to make them comparable to the current load of unique items in the game. Tradeskill made items should be better than dropped ones anyway...
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Creep
    Anyway, it ain't gonna change. They've said it ain't gonna change - even after the million post "we hate camping" official thread.

Creala.
    Where'd they say it wasn't going to change? So far all I've seen is the official statement "we hate camping" from Funcom. Yeah, it seems in direct opposition to the entire unique spawn system, but it seemed their philosophy at launch. I wish they'd fix some of the worst offenders.

I still think Unique/Named (Daria, Professor, TIM, Lab Director) mobs should:
    • Drop no-drops to prevent people from camping for Ebay sales
    • or Set a timer that doesn't allow the same person to get the same item for another week to prevent Ebay or purposeful inflation
    • Spawn in a reasonable ammount of time i.e. 1 hour or less
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123