Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive' - Borealis mayoral candidates report

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    I have been thinking about setting up the fairly large laser on a rooftop in Borealis too.
    Yeah, fine by me as long as it's pointed at the Pol offices, and theres a big red button for anyone passing to press in Borealis market
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    Mittzy, although she gave some very nice and clean answers, she doesn't seem like a strong person, let alone a leader. To me that would either mean that things would be going on as before with the addition of a miiir shop or she would need the council to make all the decisions for her.
    Is that such a bad thing? depending on how good this council turns out to be...it might actually be better to have a more open council which can as a group decide Borealis' future than someone who sticks to a set line and doesn't let the people decide.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Maybe, but on the same note if we have omni-AF come in and try and put some real preasure on borealis, will mittzy just break down and let them have their way? Or will she stand up for us? Will it even -matter- what she does if she is seen as a floozy?

I certainly don't know and I don't think I have enough information to make a prediction.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Noticiero
    This is 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive' with Reporter 'Noticiero' Rivera.

After the success of the Newland election last year, various neutral citizens of Borealis started to organize the same for their city. After long and hard planning from the committee four candidates were allowed to run for the position of Borealis mayor. They were introduced this Saturday April 15, and I was fortunate enough to attend to report on this event.

Check out "April 15, 29480 - Borealis mayoral candidates report"!

(((your link doesn't work)))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

((link fixed, AOU domain was restored, forgot to update url))

Maybe, but on the same note if we have omni-AF come in and try and put some real preasure on borealis, will mittzy just break down and let them have their way? Or will she stand up for us? Will it even -matter- what she does if she is seen as a floozy?

I certainly don't know and I don't think I have enough information to make a prediction.
    A very valid point. But surely we're not only looking at Mittzy, but also the candidates for the council also. Partically whoever will be elected for (actually no idea on what jobs will be available yet so just assuming here its like NL) defense. If they are strong enough, with the ideas, integraty and belief in keeping Borealis truely neutral, than thats what we need to back. A council is more than just person leading it, although it is a major element. Its a matter that the entire council is truely neutral, and as a team can deliver to Borealis whats needed. A fair, strong, and VERY neutral leadership.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

If you mean neutral as in people who don't get involved in the Clan/OT conflict then you might be out on a limb here because we will certainly be in the inter-factional spot light. Obviously Laikki is suspect at this point due to her comments at the meet and greet, but what about the others? Not to say that they don't want to be neutral but if we start actualy doing things (say like technological development or training a new militia) will sided folks become nervous that we are not staring at our own navels like good little "neutrals"? I think that everybody has an idea of what they think that neutrals -should- be doing, and instead of worrying too much about that I think the new mayor should be focused on Borealis first.

Of course avoid an argument like what happened with the Newland guards might also be a good thing. Clans seems to think we have fallen in bed with OT since Ross gave us money out of his own pocket. OT seems to think we are just closet rebels because we had clan help to clear out Warr.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Of course avoid an argument like what happened with the Newland guards might also be a good thing. Clans seems to think we have fallen in bed with OT since Ross gave us money out of his own pocket. OT seems to think we are just closet rebels because we had clan help to clear out Warr.
    Oh please, Omni-tek sure ain't our friend. Neither are the clans, in my belief. Appart from very few enlightened individual, the herds are rather hotile to us neutrals, and that's quite a shame.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

OT seems to think we are just closet rebels because we had clan help to clear out Warr.
    That is simply not true at all. Omni-Tek had a lot more to do with assisting the Neutrals removing the Warrs. Do a search on the Newland Guard Initiative (NGI). Neutrals and Omni campaigned together for months to resolve this. By and large the Clanners just turned up on the final day, when there was something to shoot.

It is most annoying after all the hard work put in by people like Kithrak to remove Warr and Co. from Newland than Clanners can waltzing and claim the glory for it.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Borealis will always remain neutral, free, and open to all. Those who are not welcome are the violent criminals and those who would seek to turn Borealis into a city that is not neutral, free, and open to all.

I am afraid that a couple of the candidates might actually fit my definition of those not welcome, but I am willing to hear them out and let them show that they will treat Borealis and it's citizens right.

I am considering a possible position in the Borealis council once it is established. Largely depends on who is elected Mayor and how the neutral organizations choose to support the elected candidate.

This is the time to make Borealis shine.

((I didn't mean that to rhyme, it just came out that way))

- Collodion, Veteran of The Independent Rubikans

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjester
    Borealis will always remain neutral, free, and open to all. Those who are not welcome are the violent criminals and those who would seek to turn Borealis into a city that is not neutral, free, and open to all.
    Well said, that may long continue if more have that sentiment.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12