Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive' - Borealis mayoral candidates report

'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive' - Borealis mayoral candidates report

This is 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive' with Reporter 'Noticiero' Rivera.

After the success of the Newland election last year, various neutral citizens of Borealis started to organize the same for their city. After long and hard planning from the committee four candidates were allowed to run for the position of Borealis mayor. They were introduced this Saturday April 15, and I was fortunate enough to attend to report on this event.

Check out "April 15, 29480 - Borealis mayoral candidates report"!
    Last edited by Noticiero; Apr 24th, 2006 at 09:25:45.

It was good having you there Noticiero. Shame about the mindless kids let out to play at such an hour. The parents should be ashamed. Maybe next time I hope that they will be given to a Queen Rollerrat to look after them, after all, its what they disearve
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

(( My compliments to the Arks though solidered on with the event despite the unrelenting disruption from inconsiderate players shouting, jeering, mooning, running over the candidate in large vehicles, and generally getting in the way.

I would suggest any future Borealis politcal event should be moved somewhere a little more secluded. The Newland Mayoral events suffered from very little disruption by comparison. ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I asked the NLF's leader Nuser "The NLF supports the Nanolegions and their Imperator? You support the slaughter of innocent clan, neutral and omni children?". His answer was "I support mages. That is all you need to know". It is now clear the ties between the Nanomage Legions and the NLF are strong, even after the children murdered by the legions from all 3 factions.
    How dare you make such accusations? I did not say we have ties with the Legionarries nor did I say we supported the slaughter of children. Whether or not we have ties to the legion is highly irrelevant in this situation. Any person with a bit of common sense would know not to reveal their affiliation to others nor to reveal who their enemies are in public...
    I was merely defending a mage, who was there to enjoy the meet and greet like every other citizen, from accusations from Mr. Yarko who imediately ties her with the legionarries just because she was a mage.
    Not only were these accusations cruel but uncalled for. Does this mean all neutral mages are tied to the legion? I believe not.

When I say " I support mages. That is all you need to know" is because this mage had no ties with the legion what so ever, but yet she was accused as such. I was protecting her from Mr. Yarko's stupidity and everyone else who imediately pointed a finger at the poor mage.

Do I really need to mention yet again that the NLF has changed for the better for all mages and mother ka? I have stated that before. But I will gladly do it again. If you do not trust me on that. Fair enough. That is your choise to be made.
    That the NLF supports mages should not come as a surprise to anyone. If so, then they surely need to open their eyes.

As for the slaughtering of these children. The nanomage liberation front had nothing to do with it. We are on bare ground just like everyone else of what happened and who did it.......I have yet to see proof that it was infact the Legionarries who were responsible. So far these accusations has been based on someone seeing a mage in the sewers. You may be so ignorant not to know that there are several mages on rubi-ka. What makes you all so sure it was the legion? Many mages are poor and forced to live in the sewers.....

*walks of shaking her head* Give me facts..not untill then will I believe your accusations

Quote Originally Posted by Noticiero
    I asked the NLF's leader Nuser "The NLF supports the Nanolegions and their Imperator? You support the slaughter of innocent clan, neutral and omni children?". His answer was "I support mages. That is all you need to know". It is now clear the ties between the Nanomage Legions and the NLF are strong, even after the children murdered by the legions from all 3 factions.
    How dare you make such accusations? I did not say we have ties with the Legionarries nor did I say we supported the slaughter of children. Whether or not we have ties to the legion is highly irrelevant in this situation. Any person with a bit of common sense would know not to reveal their affiliation to others nor to reveal who their enemies are in public...
    I was merely defending a mage, who was there to enjoy the meet and greet like every other citizen, from accusations from Mr. Yarko who imediately ties her with the legionarries just because she was a mage.
    Not only were these accusations cruel but uncalled for. Does this mean all neutral mages are tied to the legion? I believe not.

When I say " I support mages. That is all you need to know" is because this mage had no ties with the legion what so ever, but yet she was accused as such. I was protecting her from Mr. Yarko's stupidity and everyone else who imediately pointed a finger at the poor mage.

Do I really need to mention yet again that the NLF has changed for the better for all mages and mother ka? I have stated that before. But I will gladly do it again. If you do not trust me on that. Fair enough. That is your choise to be made.
    That the NLF supports mages should not come as a surprise to anyone. If so, then they surely need to open their eyes.

As for the slaughtering of these children. The nanomage liberation front had nothing to do with it. We are on bare ground just like everyone else of what happened and who did it.......I have yet to see proof that it was infact the Legionarries who were responsible. So far these accusations has been based on someone seeing a mage in the sewers. You may be so ignorant not to know that there are several mages on rubi-ka. What makes you all so sure it was the legion? Many mages are poor and forced to live in the sewers.....

*walks of shaking her head* Give me facts..not untill then will I believe your accusations

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_
    But who later turned out to be a Legionary anyway… Maybe you should be a bit less naïve and at times support those who know their business instead of defending all mages without exception. Even amongst nanomages, there are fanatics, criminals and murderers.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_
    Any person with a bit of common sense would know not to reveal their affiliation to others nor to reveal who their enemies are in public...
    You mean any neutral person? Of course neutral person wouldn't have any enemies. So basicly affiliate who decides to act under cover of neutrality. Kinda like a terorist.

Now in case I didn't summarize this correctly, why such a long statement stating nothing?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Because some people apparently like to accuse us of something they have no proof of.
    And neutrals have no enemies? Do you even know what it means to be "neutral"?
    We all know there are two mayor factions. Clan and omni....am I correct?
    Then there are the "neutral" as people like to call us. The neutral community are for those factions that does not fit into omni-tek nor clan, or more accurately, several coalitions of factions and independent factions and individuals. Which means that not all neutrals are alike.
    So in fact there is not 3 factions (clan, omni and neutral) but more than you can ever imagine.
    It is no surprise that people like omni-pol aren't very fond of us...well as their personal punchbags we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    But who later turned out to be a Legionary anyway… Maybe you should be a bit less naïve and at times support those who know their business instead of defending all mages without exception. Even amongst nanomages, there are fanatics, criminals and murderers.
    Whether or not she was one of them was not the point in my statement. It was the fact that you were so judgemental towards a mage.
    I know i arrived at newland grid later than others. But yet, where is the proof that she in fact was one of them? When I arrived she was not under their banner....did she in fact state that she was? or were the legionarries infact only there by coincident? And decided to help a mage you were recklessly accusing......The fact that a group of mages help one of their own mean that that mage is one of them? No!! Remember the incident with omni-pol and Nyadach? Did the NLF not help in recovering him? Why did we help? Because he is a mage. Does that mean he is under the banner of the NLF? No.
    And while you were playing cop arresting omni-pol officers, I, compared to yourself, was willing to turn myself in (cause apparently OP like to get their hands on the members of the NLF)
    *shrugs*
    If serving the homo nano is wrong and makes you a terrorist in the eyes of other breeds, then I really do not know what the world is comming to...

So if you recklessly accuse that poor mage of being a legionary, then you might want to look inside your own ranks and start accusing mages like Nyadach to be a terrorist...which seems to be the label you have put on the NLF
    *shakes her head in disgust*

So Mr. Yarko....Maybe YOU should be a bit less judgemental and at times support those who are innoncent instead of accusing all mages without exception. Even amongst opifex and solitus, there are fanatics, criminals and murderers. Does Dust Brigade ring a bell or two?

She was a Legionary. I recognized the signs one was about to arrive and I knew she was one the moment I saw her. She was also the one who called the others at the grid. How did I know? Call it metaphysics if you must, but simple deduction gets you a long way.

You are blind Nuser. In your quest to aid nanomages you long since lost all sense for reality. Some are now even more fanatical then you are, others simply turned you their back. Go on like this, and nanomages soon will need to turn elsewhere for help.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

id still would like to now how you would have reacted if you would have known that she is a legionaire?

Would anybody like to try and explain Vrej's position? I'm not quite getting a bead on it as well as the other canidates.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    Would anybody like to try and explain Vrej's position? I'm not quite getting a bead on it as well as the other canidates.
    Funny you should mention this, as the Legionary showed up the same time as Vrej went on somewhat of a rant. I suspect that he is a neutral extremist, and may, I stress MAY, affliations with possible 'problem' groups, i.e. Dust Brigade or Legion.

Currently i'm fairly well impressed with Felkios and Laikki.

Felkios seems to be the sort of person that originaly left the sides to become neutral. Somebody who is tired of fighting a war that has no visible end, but wants to make something better for themself. His mercenary/millitary background could prove useful to Borealis if the need ever arrises to defend it from either sided forces, aliens, or extremists (such as the Dust Brigade). It would also look as though he is not a simple man who is locked into a continous cycle of war and is willing to work for better and more noble things in borealis. On the other hand his history is in question. I am not really convinced that he was part of the Warr merc group as some others are, but I would like to know more about what he did before retiring.

Laikki's inter-stellar background could bring alot of off world support to the neutral community not only in borealis but also in general, and her knowledge of politics might give borealis a better standing in negociations and debates with the Clans and OT. Even though I like Felkios's personality more, Laikki's presence offers alot more chances for us to bring in support from the outside rather than just stand on our own. On the other hand as somebody commented to me "She seems to be the type who will say what you want to hear." That makes me a little hessitant, as well as the idea that she could be untested in the political arena if she is still rather young. I'm really waiting to see more from this one.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Laikki can jump out of the nearest airlock for all I'm concerned. How can anyone say they are neutral when they also claim that they will side with whichever faction is winning the war. Sheesh. Shes a blinking Omni sympathiser or something.

Felkios is hugely suspect also. He's up to his neck in the Warr family no matter what he claims. He still hasn't been able to wriggle out of his "bringing his family to Borealis" claim....considering he has no family. Read into it what you will. But the guy is very suspect. And no way can Borealis offered a Newland guard fiasco.

So who do we have left? Vrej and Mittzy. Yikes....Well Vrey is the hard liner. Maybe thats what we need to bang all our heads together and cut the "neutral" population free *shrug*. Then we have Mittzy...well she was good. Very neutral, and some pretty good policies. Nothing out standing, or anything daring. But it did cover all the bases. Shame about the hubby, but familys family. Least they add a bit of sparkle too it....or is that sparkling wine?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    Shame about the hubby, but familys family. Least they add a bit of sparkle too it....or is that sparkling wine?
    My sources state that he is her boyfriend, not husband.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Right now, I will have to state I am firmly behind Felkios. People bringing up his "so called history", look at it this way. He was a merc, he was paid to do his job and he got it done. He retired and came to the lovely Borealis. His history, even if it may be shady, is extremely valuable to us for the sheer insite he has into that world. Believe me I know, sometimes you need to do a job you really don't want to, but you are as good as your word, you commit to a job you do it, nothing personal about it.

Sir Negs and Exalted will be backing Major Felkios.

Major, anything you need, don't hesitate to ask.

Now, Laikki also did make some valid points and was a close second. She however, does not seem to me to beable to be a true leader when times get tough. She talks the talk ... but Felkios has already walked the walk. I would whole heartily support her as a person who may sit on the council subordinate to the Major though and think she may serve as a decent foriegn affairs or trade minister.

Vrej .... no, no way whatsoever, way too hardline, and looking at the big picture will cause more trouble than not. He is preaching what sounds me exactly what Black Sun and Belleraphon's group goes for.

Mittzy ... Here's the thing, she seems to be Dante's lackey. And I will say the same here that I did about Dante in the Newland Elections, they have some decent ideas, and what may be some great potential. However, they are not ready insofar as they are very unprofessional and come across immaturely. Secondly ... are they even confirmed Borealis residents?!? Dante, here's my message to you: You do have some good ideas going and decent intentions, you just need to grow up. Maybe next elections you'll have some more time under your belt and make another go at it. Don't go out having you girlfriend who, even is she isn't, presents herself as an incompetant bimbo.
    Last edited by SirNegs; Apr 18th, 2006 at 03:08:38.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I still have yet to hear hard proof of Felkios' involvement with the Warr merc group. Personaly I think people are looking for a problem in a dark room. If there is a problem lets get some information on this guy.

I'd forgotten about Laikki's position on backing the winner. That certainly does put a bad taste in my mouth.

Vrej I still don't know much about.

Mittzy, although she gave some very nice and clean answers, she doesn't seem like a strong person, let alone a leader. To me that would either mean that things would be going on as before with the addition of a miiir shop or she would need the council to make all the decisions for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    Mittzy, although she gave some very nice and clean answers, she doesn't seem like a strong person, let alone a leader. To me that would either mean that things would be going on as before with the addition of a miiir shop or she would need the council to make all the decisions for her.
    Read Dante, in place of Mittzy ... she's just a front.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Mittzy takes the "Bore" out of Borealis.

Vote for Mittzy to bring the fun back into politics!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I have been thinking about setting up the fairly large laser on a rooftop in Borealis too.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast