Thread: OTPC: Jobe bank robbed by unidentified assailants

OTPC: Jobe bank robbed by unidentified assailants

Jobe bank robbed by unidentified assailants
    April 15, 29480 - [Global]

OTPC - Early yesterday evening, the sirens began to blare in Jobe, alerting the guards in all areas of the city to a disturbance in Jobe Plaza. Upon my arrival in Jobe, I noticed smoke pouring off the sides of the Plaza, viewable even as I looked up from the platform. Transport rings were soon shut down, but not before this eager reporter managed to get access to the scene.

Smoke billowed from the area, with guards patrolling back and forth, I managed to speak to a Jobe Investigator who had this to say: “At this time, we believe the amount taken from the bank is an estimated four-hundred billion credits. We are unsure as to the identity of the perpetrators behind this incident, but have a lead on the weapon used to breach both the main and vault doors of the bank since some residual traces of a volatile chemical used in the explosion have been found at the scene.”

Based on holo-reconstructions and the accounts of the first Jobe guards on the scene, six men were seen leaving the bank approximately three minutes after the first explosion, who then proceeded to run south and left the Plaza apparently via encoded personal grid access. Despite pursuit by several guards, the traces of these men dispersed once they used their evac devices.
    Last edited by Editor: OTPC; Apr 16th, 2006 at 01:45:37.

This had to of been a slick job...

I wasn't aware there was a grid terminal in jobe. Otherwise where are they going to go, jump hehehe
    So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory

So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path

They must of had access to a Luxury apartment. They have Grid nodes in them.

I knew I'd heard something outside my apartment, upstairs around then...*sigh* I just felt a rumbling....Didn't think much of it, until those sirens fired up. I can't get any peace, I tell you...
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Thats a heck of alot of creds to go missing. Anyone would think someone needed the creds to start an army or something....that or we ask Yalmaha to lookout for a strange order for 6 Stilettos.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    ....that or we ask Yalmaha to lookout for a strange order for 6 Stilettos.
    400 billion credits though... more like 25 Stilletos >.>
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Seems Security is lacking all over. Looks as Jobe is no safer the Athens or Rome. With that many credz an army could be outfitted with the best armor. A Dust Birgade stike??? We shall see.

400 billion credits....that's four hundred thousand million....that's so unbelievably much money, I don't think any of us are able to remotely grasp the value. You could probably buy a small planet for 400 billion credits. What the hell are they going to do with all those credits?

On a second note, I'm happy I don't keep my money in Jobe bank, no matter if it's only a digital value and not physical cred sticks.

I don't think this is Dust Brigade. They would have wanted us to know that it was them, and they certainly were not dressed like them.

No. I think this has something to do with Celso Andreotti's recent death.

Keep an eye out in Borealis of a character by the name of Baldassario. Su****ious person hanging out around the subways and whompas in Borealis the day before the robbery. Not sure if he is related, but I remember reading somewhere that names that ended in vowels often indicated strong and influential families.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    Thats a heck of alot of creds to go missing. Anyone would think someone needed the creds to start an army or something....that or we ask Yalmaha to lookout for a strange order for 6 Stilettos.
    I make it 6666 yalms actually
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

"six men were seen" <<<there was much more than six men (+ there was women but i guess that precision is irelevent here)didn't count them but much more than six defently. So where are the rest?? arested and interogated without people knowing it??

"left the Plaza apparently via encoded personal grid access" <<<i followed one and he just jumped off the plazza and i ended up in hollow island.I do not know about the others though and i do not know if he is still alive... I tested my last Insurance formula quite the harsh way.

"I don't think this is Dust Brigade. They would have wanted us to know that it was them, and they certainly were not dressed like them." <<<< They were dressed all in black and hooded. They were wearing Yellow sabers.

Last thing: they came in frome Borealis whompa's gate. Makes them pretty hard to side them Omni/Neut/clan.
    Last edited by HateFull; Apr 17th, 2006 at 01:03:38.

I talked with Baldassario for a little bit. He seemed to be a bit of a loner, and his stated goals seemed to not be in line with robing a Jobe Bank. On the other hand he seemed fairly confident as he wandered around Borealis displaying his full name for all to see, which is why I went to talk with him, since this line of text rolled past my HUD. He also didn't seem to have very much skill as far as the continum of agents go, so he would have needed some rather big help to get something like a dedicated grid channel in Jobe.

Maybe the mythical Smoker's Lounge could be involved?

The shadowland portals would seem to interfere with most wireless grid protocols, which would be why (much to the chagrin of the fixers among the wolves) you can't grid dump there and grid merger programs (such as a Grid Space Freedom and Grid Armor) cease to operate. I suppose the other option is that Jobe just flys too high to get the ground based grid signal, but that seems silly considering the use of satelites. Since some citizens of Jobe do have grid access from their homes, it would be a strong indicator that there could be a dedicated physical line from Jobe to the Grid. So either the criminals had to hack that or get some fairly powerful wireless transmiters.
    Last edited by Berael; Apr 17th, 2006 at 16:29:40.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    400 billion credits though... more like 25 Stilletos >.>
    More like a dozen sets of combine armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael

You might want to end that line of questioning there...

(( haha! ))

Well the reason its mythical is because everybody has their story about some how meeting them, kinda like a big fish story where the fish keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

400 Billion?!?!

Wow, thats almost enough to buy a city.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

its roughly enough to buy EVERY city (at 2b per city, 200 cities and it can be less)
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Correction to my previous post, I missed a decimal.
    120 million for viralbots mean roughly 250 million per combined part, meaning about 1.5 billion per combined set. That would be 320 combined sets, not 32.

Now, if just 6 of them were able to get past Jobe's security, what would 250-300 of them be able to do with the best equipment money can buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Berael

The shadowland portals would seem to interfere with most wireless grid protocols, which would be why (much to the chagrin of the fixers among the wolves) you can't grid dump there and grid merger programs (such as a Grid Space Freedom and Grid Armor) cease to operate. I suppose the other option is that Jobe just flys too high to get the ground based grid signal, but that seems silly considering the use of satelites. Since some citizens of Jobe do have grid access from their homes, it would be a strong indicator that there could be a dedicated physical line from Jobe to the Grid. So either the criminals had to hack that or get some fairly powerful wireless transmiters.
    Well, there is this technology us Fixers call Energize Rubi-Ka Grid Tunnel. It allows us to cause a temporary rift to the grid in Rubi-Ka from the Shadowland gardens. However, noone has managed to get it to work yet.. At least none I know of.
    But your reference to the Smoker's Lounge, please take that back..

And as for the 400 Billion, my god that's a lot of money. I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from this..
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers