Thread: Dev Chat Log

Dev Chat Log

Posting this here in case anyone cares

I have put together a relatively-easy-to-read version of today's chat with Gaute, you can find it here.

Enjoy.
    RETIRED

Thanks for the info sheldon.

I dont know whether to be hopeful or not here, not like FC's demonstrated a commitment to follow through on its promises....

Oh, and hex, too funny.

I for one think that if they manage to pull this off it sounds like something very interesting.
    ~Lone

Dont particularily like this. I'd prefer "us" being able to fight over what is already in the world, not set up our own sort of CTF game *away* from main places on Rubi-Ka.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Welcome to Towers Online, gona be poping Towers everywhere, setup a tower for pvm so you can pull to, setup a tower for pvp so you can camp arround it, oh look theres a tower. I wounder if they come with archers?

What happen to the real conflict and taking over real territory... Anyway if it's your thing enjoy it, i'm outa here.
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

What a silly idea. Why didn't they just ask for charitable donations or something instead? Funcom needs to make this available as a free download or they are going to have a very demoralized and untrusting playerbase.

This just seems like a horrible dupe to me.

kylee6
    167 MA

I think it sounds cool. If you read more carefully you would see that the areas you will be able to build controllers and towers in will be "prominent" features of existing zones. I think it will be a fantastic chance to get the heck out into some of the beautiful but hardly-used areas in the game.

I also think that constructing our own little bases... "Towers Online" sounds a lot more exciting than:

Apocalypse has captured 2h0!
    The Council has captured 2h0!
    Redemption has captured 2h0!
    The Council has captured 2h0!
    Apocalypse has captured 2h0!
    Trinity has captured 2h0!
    Last edited by Sheldon; Aug 13th, 2002 at 15:23:04.
    RETIRED

I seriously doubt it will be that easy to take control over areas.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

If I understood it correctly, each of the areas that we will be able to take control over, will have some kind of llevel min/max so that your org needs to have a certain average level to be able to control it, that way weaker guilds also have the chance to control areas, and not the "über l33t gank ninjalooting clan."

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

OOGA BOOGA.

First i'd like to make a comment.

There are 2 sides to this game, NOT 3. Neutral is not a side.
    Neutral is neutral.
    I see no reason why neutral's should be attacking, and taking control of towers. Neutral means that youre not doing anything. Youre not taking any part in the conflict. You are........ neutral.

---now that thats out of my head........

Setting towers down that you can pull MOB's to sounds retarted to me.

I want to hunt, because i want to hunt. I dont want to pull MOB's to the guards so they can kill something for me.

--
    I like the idea of level restrictions. This way the low level weak guilds can fight eachother, and not worry about the bigger fish.

--
    I see potential for fun, and alot of potential for stuff to get really screwed up.

Please dont screw it up.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

I was making a hypothetical example of how it might work if the "main existing areas" of the game were the things we were supposed to "fight over" rather than the new Booster system. I do not think the guilds I mentioned would be the only guilds that could take over 2h0. I do not think the situation I mentioned is how "easy" it will be to take over territory. Lighten up a bit... jeez.
    RETIRED

As said before, I doubt it would be that easy. It will be easier to defend than to attack and I doubt when you Controller or any other tower it will pop up instantly.

OOGA BOOGA.

Originally posted by ELEKTRIKFLO
    There are 2 sides to this game, NOT 3. Neutral is not a side.
    Neutral is neutral.
    I see no reason why neutral's should be attacking, and taking control of towers. Neutral means that youre not doing anything. Youre not taking any part in the conflict. You are........ neutral.
    ...and by the same token, Neutrals shouldnt be target practice for everyone, no one would attack them as they are....neutral

But since they ARE target practice for everyone I think its very fair that they should be able to set up defences and go and attack Omni/Clan that setup shop in their territory (and places they _think_ should be there territory )

Being Neutral does not neccessarily mean being a passive by-stander. It means your not willing to put up the Omni/Clan rules and leadership.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?