Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent immigrants to RK not too bright

Recent immigrants to RK not too bright

Recently I've run into a lot of OT people around level 30-40 who don't know how to travel from O Ent to Harrys on foot and who think that going to Lush Fields for a mission is "way too far to travel".

Oh well, no one gets to RK on merit.
    -Well, God was my copilot, but we crashed into a mountain and I had to eat him.

I remember the old times, when I used to travel deep into clon**** by foot, trying to avoid the deep red mobs there.

Now, it is newland -> BS, do missions, back to newland, rinse and repeat. Could do that, even without my yalm In fact, I rarely bother to put it on anymore, unless I'm going off route

There's something to be said for traveling long distances on foot. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but whenever I have the time, I try to explore and discover new areas or just interesting spots.

However, I'm not going to discourage all the routine lovers because I find that having three quarters of Rubi-Ka's population locked up in cities is very much like our world, where most people live in cities and not the out-of-doors. It makes going 'out there' much more enjoyable, and not like entering a national park crammed full of RV's and annoying little kids who cry all the time.

One of my favourite (though painful) memories was my attempt at a 'pilgrimage' to the ICC. This was months before there was a whompa there, so it was quite the trip for the whimpy lvl 20 that I was at the time. Sadly, I never made it, but it was still great fun to discover all those hills, valleys and monsters that enjoyed eating my flesh.

I had a similar experience lately.
    Was playing my Level 40ish Doc for fun and teamed with two Soldiers for a team mission.

The higher one (55 or something) was the designated puller and pulled two by running throug a room with a mob and attacking the one in the next room.

I asked why he didn't pulled the first one.
    Reply was : Didn't see him.

Looking at my mini map, all mobs are there...

I asked him if he has a map upgrade people/monster.
    His reply : Sure thing but I don't have my map window open.

/me is stunned

Kisses
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

I think youre silly.

Everyone was a newbie once, and it took time for us to learn the easier ways to do things or get places too!

I dont play an alt simply because its not realistic. In life we have one body and on RK I live it that way.

( At least for now )

Originally posted by Emiko
    I think youre silly.

Everyone was a newbie once, and it took time for us to learn the easier ways to do things or get places too!
    If you are still a newb at level 40 then you are a slow learner. You pretty much demonstrate my point, thanks.
    -Well, God was my copilot, but we crashed into a mountain and I had to eat him.

Thats a bunch of ass. At level 40 there is stil lso much a player has not seen in this game. If for example, a player starts out hunting as an OT in Galway and never comes out to Lush til around level 50...

they might not know the way from Harrys to Lush Outpost yet, That is perfectly understandable.

I am not a power gamer and enjoy the roleplaying aspect as much as the running around killing things part.

This is my first game since... dare I say it... Centipede...(laugh all you want i could care less) and YES I AM STILL A NEWBIE!!!!!!

I am level 34 (or something like that) and I learn new things all the time.

Gaming is not my life. It is however, my current addiction.

Not everyone is like you and a... "self proclaimed quick learner" although I am sure you have had your share of stupid moves.

Try to remember that not everyone is the uber stud you think you are.

/me rolls eyes

I thank every one of you who has helped me along the way, continues to help me, or may help me in the future!! YOU are the people that make this game enjoyable. Without you I would have given up long ago.

/me salutes you

As for all those who think they are too cool to help a fellow rubi-ka citizen out... I hope you all die a slow painful death in the perpetual wastelands. Or wake up with roller-rats in your bed...(not sure which is worse!)

/me sticks out tongue

I try to help any noobs I can...but there are some who -just don't learn-.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I just got here

and you are calling me dumb eh?

I have to agree that you cannot gauge someones in game knowledge by their level.

Things which most of us take for granted such as .. knowing how to make implants.. knowing the route on foot just about everywhere.. etc.. are not things that every player knows.. no not even if they are level 80 or 90 or 100 in some cases.

And making fun of anyone for asking questions to increase their knowledge just isnt cool.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

My first character, Multiplier, a level 70 Doctor on RK1(very retired) has NO implants

Didn't know how important they were at that time.

Actually

Given the quality of posts and the thought (or apparent lack thereof) behind them in so many cases, I'm starting to suspect that there's an inverse relation between main character level and the intelligence of the underlying player.

I mean, so many very high level players complain very vocally about how mind-numbing the very high level game is... and yet they keep playing! And paying to do so! Amazing.

Survival of the unfittest, I guess.

So there's a reason not to feel bad for being an "ignorant n00b".

Given the quality of posts and the thought (or apparent lack thereof) behind them in so many cases, I'm starting to suspect that there's an inverse relation between main character level and the intelligence of the underlying player.

I mean, so many very high level players complain very vocally about how mind-numbing the very high level game is... and yet they keep playing! And paying to do so! Amazing.

Survival of the unfittest, I guess.

So there's a reason not to feel bad for being an "ignorant n00b".

The reason the disgruntled high levles dont quit is because:

A. They have spent ALOT of time developing they characters, which is a very tedious job in AO, and they dont want all that time to be a waste by quitting.

B. We are able to create alts, which can help the boredomness while we wait for high level content.

C. The game has always been very PROMISING, we just hang around until FC figures out how to make something out of that.

I think your post lacks a tad of quality too Blueprint since you did not figure this out yourself.

I must admit, that at level 60 I 1) had no implants and 2) didn't know how they worked. (As in, purchasing the correct parts, ect.)

~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by Balderac
    The reason the disgruntled high levles dont quit is because:

A. They have spent ALOT of time developing they characters, which is a very tedious job in AO, and they dont want all that time to be a waste by quitting.
    I think your post lacks a tad of quality too Blueprint since you did not figure this out yourself.
    Your point A is really a description of the daftness so prevalent among high level players (the vocal ones, at any rate). I mean, "investing" so much time in a character's development, which is "very tedious"? And they keep playing because they "don't want all that time to be a waste"? I mean, doesn't the phrase "cut your losses" mean anything to anybody? Or are so many people that intent on abdicating responsibility for their own actions?

For an excellent parallel, look to the U.S. stock market of the last 5-or-so years.

And my post has more quality than you realize: I'm getting to the heart of the matter (albeit sarcastically); you're merely describing symptoms. Look at the points you listed and ask yourself, "Why is that?" When it dawns on you, it won't be pleasant.

He-he-he..

Dont try your amateur-psychology on me.

I say again: The-reason-why-I-hang-around-is-A-look-at my-previous-post-B-same-C-same.

Nothing more nothing LESS !!

You can pick that into as many pieces as you want and.. eh.. "analyze it" as much as you want, using examples from a bloody stock market and whatsoever, you wont impress me.

Maybe you can find a forum somewhere where other quasi philosophers will applaude your "ideas".

I know myself and I usually know the reason for my own actions, e.g. playing this game, so I dont need to hear false reasons from you.

?

I can't imagine for a moment why I'd want to impress you (or anyone), or where you get the idea that that's my aim. I'm merely pointing how utterly ridiculous many posters on this forum are -- who happen to have VERY high level characters -- truth or falsehood of allegations made against Funcom notwithstanding.

I guess if this upsets you as it seems to, it does have the side benefit of being amusing. Suit yourself, I guess.

Me?

Im just very tired and bored (at work, nightshift), so when I read what I just posted, I dont even understand what I ment. Im sure I did when I wrote it though.

my 2 cents

it turns me off when i see somebody acting n00bish who is guilded into a semi large/large organization.

if you dont have the time to spare to teach them tell me exactly why you recruit them since i cant figure out why.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast