Thread: OTPC: New Era in Omni-Tek Security!

OTPC: New Era in Omni-Tek Security!

New Era in Omni-Tek Security!
    April 11, 29480 [Global]

OTPC - After a series of conferences within Omni-Pol, Director Sergeyich announced this morning that an advisor in counter-terrorism and defense operations would be brought into future Omni-Tek Affiliate meetings.

While recent OTPC statistics show that terrorist acts within Omni-Tek territories have dropped by 10% within the last five years, Director Sergeyich was quick to point out that this move was "to further increase the safety of our citizens by better preparing our troops."

Later in the day we managed to catch up with the Omni-Pol Director and asked him who this Counter-Terrorism Advisor would be. "Bahirae Seruguisu will be the first person to step into this role within the Affiliate meetings. She's previously been running tactical operations for our troops and has a significant amount of experience in upholding the peace from dealing with clan insurgents to neutralizing the alien threat."

It just goes to show how far Omni-Tek is willing to go to protect it's people. We at Omni-Tek Press wish you a safe and prosperous future.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    While recent OTPC statistics show that terrorist acts within Omni-Tek territories have dropped by 10% within the last five years,
    Yeah, but that was achieved by hiring the terrorists to run Omni-Pol...not actually bothering to do anything about investigating them, hunting them down, actually attempting to capture them!

A much simpler solution to make sure everything was secure would of been to line up the entirity of Pol and shoot them. Start from scratch. Its the only way to be sure. And if you can't find any volunteers to shoot them I am sure there is plenty willing to do it up north.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Post Terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    Yeah, but that was achieved by hiring the terrorists to run Omni-Pol...not actually bothering to do anything about investigating them, hunting them down, actually attempting to capture them!
    Well said Nyadach.

It has always been a popular practice to hire the criminals that whatever security force captures them. The problems begin to occur when the criminals move up the political ladder. They aren't reformed, they are paid to improve their criminal skills. Needless to say no member of the general populous will uncover who was originally offered a position in the almighty corporation. If records of their past weren't buried in some warehouse they were destroyed. The only probable way to uncover who is who would be acheived by examining the data stored in the reclaim proccess. That's nearly impossible I would assume.

Sorry to stray from the point.

I agree with Nyadach completely.
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. --Isaac Asimov

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. -- John Barrymore

My recent fortune cookie read: "Courage comes through suffering"
    My question is How courageous am I supposed to get??

What am I to see? Of course... the first comments come, as always, from misinformed Neutral and Clan citizens. Most of the reports we get about officers mishandling citizens tend to be misinterpretations about what exactly officer rights are, where the competences lie or just come from armed criminals complaining about being handled roughly. And I'm glad to inform you that the only complaint I ever received about our new Counter-Terrorism Advisor was from a well known bomb terrorist from the Nanomage Liberation Front. And as you can imagine, the short but nevertheless complete investigation that followed clearly showed that Master Serguisu acted completely within the boundaries set by Omni-Pol regulations.

So under the light of these facts, I very much welcome the change and congratulate Bahirae Seruguisu on her new position and hope that this will enable my department to work with her even closer than ever before.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Uragon, if they are miss-informed, they are becouse OT wants them in such state. Or were recent news about Dust Brigade either working in or for Omni-tek miss-information? Maybe reports of Omni-Pol personel being shot for behaving like a human beings is false?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I've only seen news about a single case of someone from Omni-Pol converting to the dust brigade. But instead of derailing this one, I'll leave it at the fact that any objective reader will come to the same conclusion as I have: It was in isolated incident. I'm sure if you have any doubts about this, the guys from Omni Reform will be able to set any concerns you still might have straight.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Omni Reform isn't able to find a chair they sit on. But they did a great job convincing you this was isolated case. Omni-Tek is rotten to the core. Unicorns, who should be elite are unable to do their job and rather take dirty money for information that could save their commarades.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

An isolated incident of betrayal to be sure, but I would say that its far from accurate to just pass it off. The DB infiltrated Omni-Pol or recruited from inside their ranks and then was able to enter a sensitive arena where the OT leader on RK was personally speaking. This is not to mention that the mowed down masses of people wantonly and with little opposition.

I'd say that was a rather large breach of internal security.

It would leave one to wonder how many of these breaches Omni-Pol had before they tightened their security after this one.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Omni-Tek has been aware of the Maelfus situation for quite some time. His public theatrics did come as a bit of a surprise but that is something that can be compensated for, as was demonstrated by Omni-Tek's strike against Dust Brigade facilities. Omni-Tek has also been performing internal operations in regards to the matter for over a year. There are no remaining security breaches existing in Omni-Pol at this time.

Due to the sensitive nature of our operations, Omni-Tek cannot publically divulge details on the matter. Omni-Tek has no intention of exposing our operations to the Dust Brigade, Clans, or other criminal elements merely to satisfy public curiosity.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    I'd say that was a rather large breach of internal security.
    Hehe, yeah, that's a nice understatement, right there..
    If - a very big if - it was unintentional there should have been repercussions and these should have been highly visible to discourage other OT employees to do likewise.
    Ain't really seen any yet, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    It would leave one to wonder how many of these breaches Omni-Pol had before they tightened their security after this one.
    It also leads one to wonder a few other things:
    - how many breaches have occurred after the so-called tightening of security
    - has security actually been tightened or is it merely windowdressing
    - how many breaches have occurred in other departments
    - how many "breaches" are real and how many designed to create a mood in the public, facilitating the current drive towards an even worse dictatorship
    - will management of the various security departments actually begin working together or will they continue to further their own careers, disregarding the lives and health of employees (see previous point)
    - will said management begin to be in contact with the real world any time soon

Well, time will tell. Going by past performance I find it relevant not to get my hopes up..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."