Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Borealis mayoral elections announced!

When was this said by Mr. Stern?
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Sunday night think it was, might of been Saturday...pretty sure it was Sunday though. Along with learning how he got the rank of Major from the Battle of Stret.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Rank under who's authority? Warr's merc company?

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael
    Rank under who's authority? Warr's merc company?
    *shrug* got me on that one. Guess we'll have to beat it out of him further
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I didn't realise they'd announced the candidates, I must've missed seeing them around the city. Who else is up for mayor?

*edit*
    I knew I recognised the name - One of my orgmates happened to record a conversation with him recently:
    Felkios: Hmmm... Used to live in Newland, you say.. That mangy little Warr kid isn't still living there, right?
    Netwerk: Warr? Ian Warr? No way
    Keldros: No, we kicked him out long ago
    Keldros: Loren Warr, actually
    Felkios: Never amount to anything that Loren Warr I always said
    Last edited by Ms_Idoru; Apr 13th, 2006 at 01:37:38.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    I didn't realise they'd announced the candidates, I must've missed seeing them around the city. Who else is up for mayor?

*edit*
    I knew I recognised the name - One of my orgmates happened to record a conversation with him recently:
    Intreguing that. In other comments he said he worked for Warr...and in that recording he dislikes Warr hmm. Odd...guess safest thing to do is pin him down I expect at the announcement and ask right out.

As for announced candidates, other than Felkios not heard of any others actually. Will be interesting to see whos standing though and there line on neutrality, the shades of grey, and the current situation with the Clans and Omni.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

MD - Special will be in the area in case omni employees get out of hand as they did during the Newland Elections.

Our members will also be in the area due to an unrelated assignment.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    MD - Special will be in the area in case omni employees get out of hand as they did during the Newland Elections.
    I think the neutral citizens of Borealis are fully capable of defending their own town, thank you.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    I think the neutral citizens of Borealis are fully capable of defending their own town, thank you.
    Heh, this from a newlander...you couldn't get rid of Warr and his mercs without clan help (I know, I was there with a ton of clanners removing them), and Ross actually paid the bill to get new guards, hehe.

NL has a city council, nice. Borealis is going to have a new mayor, nice.

Forgetting the clans generousity and willingness to help our neighbors in the past (and present)...not so nice.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Heh, this from a newlander...you couldn't get rid of Warr and his mercs without clan help (I know, I was there with a ton of clanners removing them), and Ross actually paid the bill to get new guards, hehe.
    Look, you might of enjoyed taking pot shots at them, as you had probably run out of your own guards too shoot. But that did nothing to remove them at all. The rest of us were busy raising funds to pay for replacements, and Ross also chipped it. Are we greatful for you attacking the mercs which did nothing but show why they should stay due to the "hostile clanners" no. Political and financial help was more needed in this situation. For the Clans who did assist which both of these, they are very welcome. For the gun nut violence mongers like yourself, it didn't help at all.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    Look, you might of enjoyed taking pot shots at them, as you had probably run out of your own guards too shoot. But that did nothing to remove them at all. The rest of us were busy raising funds to pay for replacements, and Ross also chipped it. Are we greatful for you attacking the mercs which did nothing but show why they should stay due to the "hostile clanners" no. Political and financial help was more needed in this situation. For the Clans who did assist which both of these, they are very welcome. For the gun nut violence mongers like yourself, it didn't help at all.
    Actually Mr. Nyadach. After Warr and his merc thugs RULED Newland (since you were unable to peacefully get them to leave) my clan and myself avoided Newland. It was not our territory and we did our best to keep out of the town.

We supported neutrals who wanted to remove the criminals posing as guards from their town. When a call for assistance was made BY NEUTRALS to help remove the thugs my clan and many others answered the call without asking for anything in return. We showed up and saw with our own eyes how the mercs were killing neutrals and those who had showed up to help them remove the thugs. We then joined the battle and together with neutrals (and a handful of omnis, which surprised me to be honest, for them to help neuts) we kicked Warr and his crew out of Newland permanently.

So your 'hostile clanners' line does not apply to me or the many clans who ran to Newland to help neutrals. Sure, there are some clanners who back then (and now still) were more than happy to attack and kill a neutral.

However to generalize and say I'm one of them is far from the truth. It would be like saying that because the Nanomage Legion and their Leader the Imperator are child murderers that all nanomages should be considered the same and dealt with the same way as them. Same goes for the Sentinels and their attitude toward neutrals, sure I can see the military logic on not allowing neutrals to enter our capital, however I have always disagreed in the method used to keep neutrals out of Tir. I have said this to Simon Silverstone face to face. There is no need to kill neutrals unless they attack first.

You were raising funs for new guards, but if I recall right it was Ross's hundreds of millions from his own pocket that helped you a great deal to hiring new guards and getting new armor for them. Without Ross's large donation it would have taken you months to get new guards.

thugs. We then joined the battle and together with neutrals (and a handful of omnis, which surprised me to be honest, for them to help neuts) we kicked Warr and his crew out of Newland permanently.
    If you are surpised by Omni role in the battle, you are then woefully misinformed. Newland City was not liberated in one glorious battle. To get to the point we had a Newland Militia trained and armed took months and months of hard work by an organisation called the Newland Gaurd Initiative( q.v. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ard+initiative )

Ironically alongside the Neutrals, pushing forward the NGI agenda were a number of Omni employees, Kithrak in particular. Now I don't claim to know why various Omni worked so hard to promote the NGI agenda, when on the surface at least it it seems to benefit the Clans more than anything else. Nor do I know why Ross donnated so much money from his own personal funds to the cause. What I do know is that, having been there every inch of the way, Clan support of NGI was very thin on the ground all through out this long campaign.

As Nyadach says, political and financial support from the Clans was lacking. To claim therfore the "liberation" of Newland as a Clan victory and that and that Newland citizens somehow owe a debt of gratitude the Clans for it is in very poor taste, especially if you stop and consider why Loren Warr was brought to Newland in the first place.

Shame on you!

Dabblez
    Last edited by Savoy; Apr 16th, 2006 at 03:26:58.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    As Nyadach says, political and financial support from the Clans was lacking. To claim therfore the "liberation" of Newland as a Clan victory and that and that Newland citizens somehow owe a debt of gratitude the Clans for it is in very poor taste, especially if you stop and consider why Loren Warr was brought to Newland in the first place.

Shame on you!

Dabblez
    The clans saw the support provided by Omni-Tek, and we obviously became su****ious of our old enemies. Why would we colaborate and maybe help them take over a neutral town? It made no sense to give financial support with the backing of wealthy corporate departments footing the bill already, and after Ross' gigantic donation I personally saw no need to give the neutrals my hard earned credits when they have already received sustancial amounts from corporate employees and departments.

Of course politically the omnis got involved, they invested a fortune on Newland to improve the image of the corporation (which succeeded of course). However the day when neutrals decided to take Warr out, even with their new guards it was quite difficult to remove the mercs from town. I was there, the clans made a significant difference in the outcome of the battle. Omnis provided financial backing for their own PR agenda, yet I saw few during the battle compared to the large number of clanners that showed to support the neutrals.

After the new Newland Militia had secured the town and the perimeter it would have been too hard for the mercs to try and retake the town. I am happy that Newland is free from the thugs and with their own council, and I am glad to see Borealis on the same path to improve that town.

We clanners are not as wealthy as the omnis, but when it comes to action and risking our lives, we will do so for the right reasons, and Newland was the right reason for us to lend our strength to the neutrals. I can't say the clans will do it again if Newland or Borealis are attacked by hostile forces, but I wouldn't discard the possibility.

Is there any place we can go to find out more about the canidates and what issues and initiatives they support. I really didn't get much from the meet-up this weekend.
    So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory

So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path

Learn more about the candidate Miss Mittzy Beauxreau here..

>>>> http://rubika.no-ip.com/RUR/misc/mittzy.jpg <<<<

Learn more about the candidate Miss Mittzy Beauxreau here..

>>>> http://rubika.no-ip.com/RUR/misc/mittzy.jpg <<<<
    ((OMG, why don't candidates advertise on Massive's billboards?))

(( I have submitted a smaller version of that banner in the dimensions suitable for the in-game billboards just in the case the powers that be would like to display it, but there are probably tons of reason why it may not be practical. Go Mittzy!! ))

(( I have submitted a smaller version of that banner in the dimensions suitable for the in-game billboards just in the case the powers that be would like to display it, but there are probably tons of reason why it may not be practical. Go Mittzy!! ))
    ((Ehem, the official motto is "Don't be Dittzy! Vote for Mittzy! trust me, I have my dragons doing surveillance))

Wait a second... both of you ain't nooties... why are you suddenly so interested in getting the Mitsy elected?
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Either they are really excited about the hijinxs that will ensue ater mittzy is elected (the beauty contests for people with the same face, the promotion of snazzy clothes, the converstion of suppression gas to giggle gas.).

Or its as I feared and they are waiting for a chance to manipulate a weak mayor.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast