Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Borealis mayoral elections announced!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Borealis mayoral elections announced!

Borealis mayoral elections announced!
    April 10, 29480 [Global]

IRRK (Borealis) - Borealis officially announced today elections for the mayor. The first meet and greet event will be held this weekend in Borealis near the south gates at 673x475.

After the huge success of the Newland election last year, won by Zephrem King, various Citizens of Borealis have started to organize the same for there city. After long and hard planning from the committee four candidates were allowed to run for the position of Borealis mayor. They will be introduced during two official events. All Neutrals are invited to join and ask there questions or just to enjoy the show.

(( Dates: April the 15th 18:00 RST Rimor and 21:00 RST Atlantean ))

Almost makes me wonder if we'll see one or two of the same faces trying again for the Borealis position...though I'm doubting it. Whatever happens....this could be an awful good thing, just as it was for Newland.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Yes, the more the merrier!
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

*raises a su****ious eyebrow*

Ok, I might just be a bit suspect here, but after all the arguments about what is, and what is not neutral. Its still not really been defined short of a dictionary defination, which in reality very few neutrals conform too. It does still bring with it what will happen this time around. Hopefully a good election campaign, and an honest one with no ratbags in it :P Can but wait and see.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

It's not about defining what neutral identity is, the closest it might come to that would be defining what Borealite identity is.
    Just like Newlanders have ours.

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Bout time, when there is someone to refer too and some organising we have a chance to count for something on this planet. I hope there will be a good governement on this busy town.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

There is NO WAY IN HELL that a Warr merc. will get control of a beautiful freedom loving town like Borealis. It goes against so much of what we beleive in. We know what these thugs did in Newland, and we're still recovering from it. Do we really want to give them real power in Borealis?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    There is NO WAY IN HELL that a Warr merc. will get control of a beautiful freedom loving town like Borealis. It goes against so much of what we beleive in. We know what these thugs did in Newland, and we're still recovering from it. Do we really want to give them real power in Borealis?

Um... what?

Have you been eating some of those odd plants that grow on Hollow Island?

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Hmm, yet again a dreadfully horrible time for me, but now being in my town I will have to try to check this out. Hopefully our Borealis city mates aren't as dreadfully incopetant as their Newland counter parts were during the election.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    Um... what?

Have you been eating some of those odd plants that grow on Hollow Island?
    No I ain't....but they do brew up nice into a kicking liquer if you get your friendly engi to whack up a decent enough still

I was actually refering to the latest blokey to move into Borealis, Major Felkios Stern. Wierd fellow who seems intent on running for Mayor. He is also a "retired" mercinary who wishes to retire to Borealis with his family...but when asked about his family he doesnt have one but would like one. Further intel gather indicates he was one of the Mercs involved in the whole pain for any kind of neutral cause when Warr and his thugs "guarded" Newland. From what I can assume though, is his "family" is his merc breathren under control of a certain Warr family.

I have to admit, he did seem a nice enough blokey...even with a rather dodgy memory it seems. But if he wishes to repeat the Newland Guard fiasco in Borealis he can take a swim to the bottom of Azure Lake and I'll be perfectly happy in providing a root for him while he's down there
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    Hopefully our Borealis city mates aren't as dreadfully incopetant as their Newland counter parts were during the election.

Incompetent? Are you referring to the confusion during the election process that made it take such a long time to get it all done in Newland? I only hope the same circumstances don't afflict Borealis, and that the transition from frontier town to a self governing city-state is smoother than it was for Newland.

FREE BOREALIS!!!

It's not about defining what neutral identity is, the closest it might come to that would be defining what Borealite identity is.
    Just like Newlanders have ours.
    Again, very much agreed, the Leaders of Borealis will only have authority within Borealis .. and will not be a voice of the Neutrals, but just of one city.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Again, very much agreed, the Leaders of Borealis will only have authority within Borealis .. and will not be a voice of the Neutrals, but just of one city.
    So long as the neutral states can all ally based on the common ground we share, it's a good step.

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Good luck to the future mayor.
    Last edited by Zaii; Apr 11th, 2006 at 09:30:33.

Hmm, yet again a dreadfully horrible time for me, but now being in my town I will have to try to check this out. Hopefully our Borealis city mates aren't as dreadfully incopetant as their Newland counter parts were during the election.
    Wait a second..... Are you calling ME, Juju, incompetent ? Moi ?
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker
    Wait a second..... Are you calling ME, Juju, incompetent ? Moi ?
    Hah you would like me to say that wouldn't you. But I was refering to the "canidates" that were running for mayor. Eitherway, it is confirmed that I will be unable to come to Saturday's meeting. I hope I may beable to talk to one of you, Juju or Nya, about what transpired?

(((OOC: I'll be at the taping for Dane Cook's HBO special .. so watch for me on TV/DVD i'll be in the second row center w00t!!!! )))

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I'm looking forward to these elections, given that most of the acting neutral population is in Borealis.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Hah you would like me to say that wouldn't you. But I was refering to the "canidates" that were running for mayor. Eitherway, it is confirmed that I will be unable to come to Saturday's meeting. I hope I may beable to talk to one of you, Juju or Nya, about what transpired?
    I'll be there. Want to see who the other candidates are for this position before I start griping at them...oops, I mean supporting them

As said though, any of this stuff about bringing Warr's "family" into Borealis is really on for a head on collision with my beliefs. And that usually means trouble :P

(((OOC: I'll be at the taping for Dane Cook's HBO special .. so watch for me on TV/DVD i'll be in the second row center w00t!!!! )))
    ((why is it I have this image of you chanting for leet pie in the second row center?))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    As said though, any of this stuff about bringing Warr's "family" into Borealis is really on for a head on collision with my beliefs. And that usually means trouble :P
    Could you quote your source on this rather big piece of information?

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Could you quote your source on this rather big piece of information?
    *points up to earlier post*
    One of the candidates, Major Felkios Stern. "I hope to move here with my Family"...oh you have a family? "no, but I would like one to have one, one day". Ok, fine I'm reading between the lines. But a Warr merc without a family wishing to move his family into Borealis. You piece it together?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast