Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expansion pack...oh fun! unless...

One thought, though. One RP-concept I am unable to get out of my head.

First, Omni-Tek came and mined here. Then a few workers wanted to mine for themselves. They are now known as clanners.
    If an omni guild starts a mining operation of their own, won't that kinda make them into clanners as well?

I mean, they take profit that originally belong to Omni-Tek. Won't we risk beeing thrown out of OT? Won't OT try to stop us from doing do?

Omnis: Omni-Tek is your friend. Are youready to betray your friends? Is having your own mining corporation equal to betraying Omni-Tek?

Talking Cooool!

I think this rocks from a PvP standpoint, from an RP standpoint and from every other conceivable standpoint.

AO isn't a carebear game. It does a fantastic job of catering to a carebear audience while remaining decidedly confrontational.

At the moment (pre-pack) the war can't end, becase no-one has anything to lose. I fight, I die, I res, I fight again. I do this until I get bored (well, I don't personally because I'm a 'crat - but you get the idea).

Any RP group can tack on their own reasons for fighting and I say best of luck to them!

But this gives us reason for fighting. Objectives. And with that comes the possibility of loss.

If the Clans and Omni-Tek were to declare unconditional peace and live together in peace and harmony while carefully tending notum gardens, then I'd quit AO rather quickly.

I'm a big fan of promoting exactly that in-game - peace is a noble cause to strive for. But the irony is that if that goal is achieved, the game becomes extremely boring

So I welcome anything FC throw at us to make that task more challenging (and more realistic).

Hooray!
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Skybert,

Nah, you see Omni orgs are part of the company, not a seperate organization. Money to the Org is money for the company.

Look at it this way, there was a guild called Titan Mining that was a susidiary of Omni-Tek. Good folks there. Anyhow, there was no actual mining going on. Just some good RP. These towers aid the existence of orgs created to be part of the Omni operations on RK.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12