Thread: Monsters "Warping" Unexpectedly

Question Monsters "Warping" Unexpectedly

Why is it everytime I try an aimed shot at a distant creature, the creature almost immediately seems to materialize right in front of me. I would expect to have time to take a series of shots while it was closing in on me. Instead as soon as it gets hit by the first, it seems to disappear and reappear right in my face.

Any ideas?

Thanks..

By the way, I hear this MOB warping ability sometimes happens in missions, but this is in the gardens and wildeness areas also - while no mission is being played..

I see this a lot, too. I was playing with my new fixer last night out in the open outdoors. I would start to cast a root from many meters away and before the root was done being cast, the MOB would instantly teleport to centimeters from my face.

What is the point of roots?

This happens a lot, especially outdoors and is very vey annoying when you try to kite a high level mob

My guess is that this is a cheap programming workaround for bad NPC pathing. Instead of having the mob wandering around in circles, not finding you because of a small rock or a bump in the landscape, it will intstamove 30-40 metres. Cant you at least put in 4-5 seconds lag before they instamove please dear Funcom )

I see it both in and out doors, sucks when you decide to run and the mob keeps warping to you just as your about to get away
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

I died twice last night because of this

1) At the end of the Longest Road, by those ruins. Some bug thing aggroed me. I thought i was fine, though, since I was buffed up to run speed 1030 or so and there was no way it could catch me. It hit me a few times as i approached and passed it, but I quickly escaped its attack range. I went into third person camera mode to watch it steadily fall further and further behind...then all of a sudden it appeared /right/ behind me and killed me in a couple hits.

2) Trying to get to Pleasant Meadows through Omni territory. Got aggroed by a Ninja Droid and started to run for my life. Ran across a bridge, and just as I made it to the center I jumped off into the water. The ninja droid was stuck up top, running against the railing of the bridge, while I swam downstream a ways and got back onto shore. I turned around, and was about to gloat to my team that id just made a daring escape when the droid dissapeared off the bridge, appeared right in front of me, and wiped me out in a couple hits.