Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Tarkhan Zora declares war on the Dust Brigade

OTPC: Tarkhan Zora declares war on the Dust Brigade

Tarkhan Zora declares war on the Dust Brigade
    April 2, 29480 [Global]

OTPC - Yesterday's act of sheer cowardice on the part of former Commander Curtis Maelfus of Omni-Pol has roused the Omni-Tek war machine from its slumber, like a greedy plunderer threatening the precious horde of a mighty dragon. Our CEO yesterday announced that "Omni-Tek will completely and forever wipe out the Dust Brigade," and it appears that no resources will be spared in doing so.

Already, sources are reporting attacks on installations in the outzones that were once thought to be abandoned centers of communication, but are now known Dust Brigade safe houses. Nobody knows where the the sudden influx of intelligence is coming from, but one high-ranking Omni-AF commander gave us the following details on the condition that he remain anonymous.

"Our men in the field have come through on extremely short notice. Their skill and speed in delivery of all information gathered on the Dust Brigade has enabled us to launch tactical air strikes on bunkers, underground complexes and decommissioned communications installations in the outzones and, in some cases, on terraformed soil on Rubi-Ka. Enemy casualties thus far may be as many as two thousand troopers, including several high-ranking leadership individuals."

The commander refused to provide any further information, saying that the strikes were still ongoing and making any more information public could compromise agents in the field as well as strikes that have yet to occur. Reports of Dust Brigade activity in settlements around Rubi-Ka have been sporadic, but some have reported spotting small teams of two or three masked commandos operating in the vicinity of a few large cities such as Rome, Old Athen, Borealis and Tir.

Employees of Omni-Tek and people all around Rubi-Ka are urged to be on the look-out for Dust Brigade activity, and are asked to report any sightings directly to Unicorn Company or Omni-AF personnel immediately.

About time someone did somthing about the Dust Brigade... I just have concerns about OT information security... if one DB member can infiltrate high command why not two?
    Slynthia - 220 - Solitus - Trader - RK1 - Terminal Velocity
    Sidus - 120 - Solitus - Enforcer - RK1 - Terminal Velocity

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

sobeguy: It is the Way of the Trader to laugh in the face of adversity, smile in the face of death, and enjoy the in-flight peanuts when you realize your plane just lost a wing.

Well, at least they aren't sitting around sucking their thumbs over the incident. One never can be sure how the corproation will react to a sudden turn of events, especially one that puts a lot of egg on their face.

Two thousand troopers in ONE day..? That's almost as fishy as the fact that they all of a sudden "found" these Brigade safehouses...

Something is wrong about this whole thing...my gut just says so.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

We have infact begun our assault on the Dust Brigade, however I think this will be a long fight. Remeber, if you see any activity, please contact me. Thank you.
    Rome "Tipha" Leonheart
    Commander, Perfect
    Omni-AF Special Operations

Quote Originally Posted by Nulion
    Two thousand troopers in ONE day..? That's almost as fishy as the fact that they all of a sudden "found" these Brigade safehouses...
    Bombs Nulion. Bombs dont kill them one by one.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I think he's referring to the speed at which they found them.

for years, nothing, then in less than a day they find and kill 2000 of them. It is very fishy.

Agreed, theres deception somewhere in all of this, but whos fooling whom?

However, for once im caught out of the loop, what happened with the OT officer?
    Last edited by Darkintent; Apr 4th, 2006 at 15:18:11.

Et iz alot "2000", bot these Dust Brigade gruup und leev ihn vast undahgruund bases; Cities infaktz. Iv duw wuuhd set a bomb off ihn Rome, wuuhd duw nuht kyll 2000+ peepol? Et iz joozt da same. Me...sooomb....ermm Neevah mynd.

Und et iz unlee a ruuf fygah, "2000", noe won dyd go und count dehm.

Et cuuhd joozt be a publicity ting, und daht da Bases were empty, ore fyll'd wyth Omni convicktz. Da Dust brigade ab been quiet ov laytz.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/rensig54.jpg
    A karrut iz ahz kluuse ahz a rahbet getz too a dymuundz

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    I think he's referring to the speed at which they found them.

for years, nothing, then in less than a day they find and kill 2000 of them. It is very fishy.
    That's what we call one hell of a lucky shot. though I'm wondering if they are counting em as perma-kills, or just popping one right as he comes out of reclaim a few thousand times.

oh, and good Job Omni. Nice to know that you did absolutely *all* the ground work in finding the DB, I mean us Ka-ians would be *soooo* helpless with out you doing everything.

oh, add 500 to the total of dead DB, I took out a nest on my own the other night... oh and a few legionares too, also rescued a few of them missing kids. *rolls his eyes*

Exclamation

In the years in which DB had terrorized the clans, I believe TWO were perma-killed by our side.

In a single day OT kills TWO THOUSAND of them?

Let me start by saying that is common knowledge that DB was never a large number, which is the reason why they were so god damn hard to find.

Now all this 'intel' OT is getting which allows them to elimintate DB so swiftly...where does it come from? and how come this all happens after one of their high ranking officers betrays them?

I stated in this thread the link between OT and DB.

Now that DB is apparently out of their control because Maelfus has turned on OT and decide to do his own thing...it's time for the corporation to 'clean up' as quickly as possible to eliminate any possible trace back to them.

Of course they know where most of the hideouts of the DB are...they should know where they placed their own operatives!

Omnis will deny it until their face is blue, no doubt. Neutrals are probably too naive to believe OT would go so far as killing their own to use the media to their favor as the 'victims of clan terrorism'. But we clanners have a better idea of the capabilities of our old enemies...they'll do anything to undermine the way of clan life and our dream of a Free and Independent Rubi-Ka...even if it means killing a few hundred employees that in their eyes, they can replace easily.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

"khaaaaaaaan.." (in caps)
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    Neutrals are probably too naive to believe OT would go so far as killing their own to use the media to their favor as the 'victims of clan terrorism'.
    Actually the first thing I thought when I heard they killed 2000 of them was it was the biggest pile of rollerrat droppings since last years Last Ditch curry bake off got eaten by that crazed pack of rattys. No doubt they'll pull out a load of bodies, which will probably not be examined correctly and be more than likely people who were in Pol's hands for questioning or something. Heck, makes me glad I got out of Pols lockup on Saturday now...or I might of been one of these bodies.

We all know fine well this news artical is nothing more than some very blatant PR. Bad PR at that. Now, if it had said that Pol and co where currently sitting in Rompa cleaning thier big shiney weapons since they ain't got a clue...we'ld all believe it. As it stands this is nothing but half cooked bronto burger.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    they'll do anything to undermine the way of clan life and our dream of a Free and Independent Rubi-Ka...
    You think so highly of yourself....
    The "undermining" of clans way of life and the dream of a "free" Rubi Ka started years ago.... by the clans. But hey, if you wanna walk the rest of your life in the fog, believing thats what all your brothers and sisters are fighting for.... be my guest. Dont mind personal wealth, power, and the Notum. None of you even really want that, right?

And speaking of undermining...... Omni Tek does something good, yeah killing Dust Brigaders is good, and who instantly pops out of their holes and start critizising? You, the clans.

And I have yet to see anyone other than Omni Tek`s official forces out there in the outzones ever. The Unicorns found the aliens. Could Omni Tek have been sitting on clues as to where the Dust Brigade have been hiding? Yeah it isnt too much of a wild notion. So why the hell didnt Omni Tek share this info with the clans and the Neutrals? Well, information like that is usually kept within a small group in the corporation, as you all know, and maybe thats for the better. Tell someone, and youd have to be afraid who he`d tell afterwards......

Is this jealousy then? Is it so hard to swallow that Omni Tek is actually doing something,yet again, for the benefit of the entire planet and all its people? Is that why your all in such a hurry to hammer it down?

Sadly, none of this will get through to most of you. So, have fun figuring out more theories of grand schemes and conspiracy instead of actually going out there yourself and do something. Meanwhile, Omni Tek will be taking care of business and the DB threat.

Cya in a year when something new threatens us and you start blaming the corp again.

ps: The entirety of this post is in no way solely posted to Windguaerd but to everyone clan or Neutral critizising Omni Tek`s war on the Dust Brigade.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Nulion

Something is wrong about this whole thing...my gut just says so.

A more logical explanation would be that it's the end of a long intelligence operation. I'm sure there have been OT operatives looking for and infiltrating the Dust Brigades for a long time now. The clever thing would be exactly what they did, to keep that a secret and work there way into the organisation and get as much intel as possible before acting. No good getting a few if it means burning your operative and prevents you from getting further intel. Of course, recent events have forced a more direct cause of action, but I see nothing surprisingly in how it have been played out.

It just shows that OT have in fact been doing there job.

For any employees who were on business at the time of Mr. Zora's speech, the coward that is Commander Curtis Maelfus has shown us his true colours. It's his loss. Below is a log from my comm unit, of the event.

Maelfus shouts: I, Commander Curtis Maelfus, renounce my position in Omni-Pol and Omni-Tek, once and for all.
    Zora shouts: Guards! Seal the exits, shut down the wompah systems!
    Maelfus shouts: Furthermore, I now announce my new title: Lord Marshal of the Dust Brigade!
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Can't comment too much,but unicorns have had extencive access to the outzone's where it was asumed Dustbrigade stronghold's and outpost were.

If omni let onto knowing where any of these base's were befor an all out strike..do you really think the target's would be there in the morning?

All info may have been kept classifed to prevent Dust brigade counter inteligence.
    had the information been made public we can safly assume that the kill count would have been alot lower then the 2000 reported.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Great point about espionage/counter-espionage but the timing is all off.

Lets put it in perspective:

-- The Dust Brigade blows up and apartment building killing hundreds in Omni Land. Insurance records are sabatoged so theres no hope of Omni Tek survivors
    -- Black October, the hand of justice kills some 1600 (can't remember exact number) Omni Tek employees/soldiers permenantly.
    -- Same day, Dust Brigade attacks Omni Tek outposts and bases.

Years go by with nothing.

-- Some unhappy employee declares that he's now the "lord marshall" of the Dusters at Zoras speech and in less than a day, 2000 dusters are reported dead.

See the timing on that? Maybe if the Dust Brigade had just stuck to killing thousands at a time, they would have not brought down the "omni tek war machine" on them.

We did see some recruit types with the dusters months ago... maybe they were Unicorn Company spies that somehow got into the Dust Brigade?

While I dislike Omni Tek, I do enjoy reading about the Unicorn Company and think they'd make fine additions to the Clans (after a thorough brainscrubbing of course).

I don't see how the timeing is off.

It would take a few year's for the dust brigade to build up new recrutes for there next operation....black october was just there last one befor a rebuilding/training phase.
    I don;t see them going to war while there in training..and as far as we know they haven't been a real threat in the last few years..now that they have a leader..and possably a direction to focus on there threat lvl has changed..and opening fire on an omni crowd in front of the CEO is just asking for a unicorn style obital stomping.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy
    I don't see how the timeing is off.

It would take a few year's for the dust brigade to build up new recrutes for there next operation....black october was just there last one befor a rebuilding/training phase.
    I don;t see them going to war while there in training..and as far as we know they haven't been a real threat in the last few years..now that they have a leader..and possably a direction to focus on there threat lvl has changed..and opening fire on an omni crowd in front of the CEO is just asking for a unicorn style obital stomping.
    A real threat? You kill thousands of people and you're not considered a real threat? I consider the NLF a real threat and they haven't done anything so major in a long time. It's not about whats affecting you today, its what CAN affect you. I still keep intelligence on Midia and Cyborgs for goodness sake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast