Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Neutral Manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by Karibanu
    the more philosophy I discuss with omnis & clans, the less differences I see between them.
    Funny enough, i say that all the time too! Both of em will shoot my black ass without any hesitations whatsoever.... most of the times faster than you can say ukulele.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

The manifesto is an interesting read, it is good to see such things being debated in a civilised manner. I ask, and please forgive me as I have but recently arrived on Rubi-Ka, has the manifesto been voted on or has the council of Newland adopted it carte blance?
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

To my knowledge really nothing has been done with it besides some argument about its content. At this point some people agree with it, some people don't agree with it, some people think it needs revising, and so on and so on. It would hard to have the Neutral population vote on it since the neutral population isn't exactly unified, nor do all of them pay attention to these grid channels. Even if it was voted on and 'ratified' there would still be neutrals who oppose it or are most likely not represented by it, and since it cannot be enforced as a code of law except in cities... Well, the best you get is that the manifesto is simply something to get people to think about what it means to be neutral and then argue about it till they get sick of arguing and go off to do their own thing anyway.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Peregrinus uploads the Newland and Borealis manifestos to his PDA and begins to transmit

((bumpage))
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

I've read the thread rather quickly, but i'd like to point out a few things:
    - Despite some claims that Neutrals aren't a "faction" of their own, there is evidence that they actually think and act more and more like a faction: the very existence of the Manifesto, for one, as an attempt to unify the Neutral point of view in a single document. The increasing interest of several Neutral orgs in Notum mining, for another. Diversity isn't an obstacle to Neutrals being a faction: the Clans are very diverse, too. Knights and Sentinels haven't much in common, for example.
    - The reason for this Neutral unification process is probably to be found in both Omni and Clans recent behavior: Omni has become more strict under Tarkhan Zora's rule, and many Clans have switched allegiance from moderate Clans to more radical ones. The Neutrals, who had a tendency to side with Omni while Ross was the ruler while the Clans were already within Silverstone's grap, are today finding themselves in the middle of two very hostile factions.
    - Having spent my first year on Rubi-Ka in a Knight-aligned Clan (and thus concerned by the necessity of weakening Unredeemed influence on mankind), i think we both (Clan and Neutral) have to gain from the strengthening of the Neutral faction. But of course, this needs to be done by weakening Omni, not Clan
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

blah

Something never change,

Even after thousands of years we still have this hippie ideology I dont know which I dislike more neutrals for their neutralness or clanners for this err clannyness....ummm yes down with them all

Omni-Tek Is Your Friend!
    Proud Employee Of Omni-Tek
    Jahis 40 Spy
    Non-Froob Since May 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Telperion
    I've read the thread rather quickly, but i'd like to point out a few things:
    - Despite some claims that Neutrals aren't a "faction" of their own, there is evidence that they actually think and act more and more like a faction: the very existence of the Manifesto, for one, as an attempt to unify the Neutral point of view in a single document. The increasing interest of several Neutral orgs in Notum mining, for another. Diversity isn't an obstacle to Neutrals being a faction: the Clans are very diverse, too. Knights and Sentinels haven't much in common, for example.
    Hmm, entering into the business of notum mining doesn't make neutrals a faction per se. I would say that each neutral group who holds and defends a notum mining operation is doing so for their own agenda. Remember the ICC deregulated notum mining allowing any party with the resources to hold and defend a notum mine. Taking one via military means is a seperate issue.

Whilst neutrals and the clans are both diverse, there is one major difference. The clans have the one unifying overriding aim of removing OT from Rubi-Ka. I would say that for most of the neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka their main goal is to live on Rubi-Ka without worrying too much about the Clans or Omni-Tek except where they directly impact their lives. There are groups who want to do more than that, but they are very much working on their own or within their own alliances. However, the will to survive is a powerful unifying factor and that is why I as a neutral citizen of Rubi-Ka feel I can support a manifesto that speaks for those who subscribe to it.

- The reason for this Neutral unification process is probably to be found in both Omni and Clans recent behavior: Omni has become more strict under Tarkhan Zora's rule, and many Clans have switched allegiance from moderate Clans to more radical ones. The Neutrals, who had a tendency to side with Omni while Ross was the ruler while the Clans were already within Silverstone's grap, are today finding themselves in the middle of two very hostile factions.
    Quoted for great thruthery.

- Having spent my first year on Rubi-Ka in a Knight-aligned Clan (and thus concerned by the necessity of weakening Unredeemed influence on mankind), i think we both (Clan and Neutral) have to gain from the strengthening of the Neutral faction. But of course, this needs to be done by weakening Omni, not Clan
    I would prefer to say that a neutral 'faction' that has garnered respect of both The Clans and OT is of more benefit to the stability of Rubi-Ka than a third strong diverse group entering the fight for limited resources.

Quote Originally Posted by jahis
    Something never change,

Even after thousands of years we still have this hippie ideology I dont know which I dislike more neutrals for their neutralness or clanners for this err clannyness....ummm yes down with them all

Omni-Tek Is Your Friend!
    Ah Mr employee in a few years when Omni-Tek's lease on Rubi-Ka expires you will have to deal with "this hippie ideology".
    Last edited by Praecautus; May 17th, 2006 at 15:53:09.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Quote Originally Posted by Praecautus
    Ah Mr employee in a few years when Omni-Tek's lease on Rubi-Ka expires you will have to deal with "this hippie ideology".
    Hahahaha, I am sure our esteemed CEO will see to it that the lease you speak of is renewed. And may god or who ever these hippies and hooligans worship or dont worship have pitty on their souls when that happens. And for those LOYAL to justice and peace and prosperity have no fear, we will prevail!
    Proud Employee Of Omni-Tek
    Jahis 40 Spy
    Non-Froob Since May 2006

I am sure that your esteemed CEO will try to get it renewed (should he ever set foot on Rubi-Ka) as anything else would be economic madness on the part of Omni-Tek. However, the ICC has slowly been eroding Omni-Tek's powers and hold over Rubi-Ka for some time now. I would suspect that any lease from the ICCwill be much reduced in scope than the current one enjoyed by Omni-Tek. Indeed Sol Banking Corp will have the right to limited interests on Rubi-Ka from 29500, I think the galazy has had enough of hydraulic despotism.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Quote Originally Posted by Praecautus
    The clans have the one unifying overriding aim of removing OT from Rubi-Ka.
    It's not accurate: Clans like Gaia, New Dawn, Terra Firma and the Pilgrims don't actually hold the expulsion of Omni-Tek as a main goal. But their voice can't be heard next to Silverstone's. Even the other major Clans like Knights and Vanguards are almost silent...
    The more i think about it, the more i feel the Neutrals could fit very well into these moderate Clans

(Click here for an overview of the Legacy Clans)
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

It's not accurate: Clans like Gaia, New Dawn, Terra Firma and the Pilgrims don't actually hold the expulsion of Omni-Tek as a main goal. But their voice can't be heard next to Silverstone's. Even the other major Clans like Knights and Vanguards are almost silent...
    The more i think about it, the more i feel the Neutrals could fit very well into these moderate Clans

(Click here for an overview of the Legacy Clans)
    That I very much agree with, and some clans are missing out on some very capable potential allies because a major stereotype is that clans hate the Neutrals. Greatest examples are Tir and the complete segregation with our most experienced population when fighting greater threats ((raids etc)) However, like you said, your voices are not being heard within your own community. Isn't that what you fight for? Freedom? We neutral's are enough lucky enjoy our freedom, don't let your voices within the clan's not be heard.

Maybe you have a minority of representatives in your council of truth to speak for you, but you do have a great number of unaffliated clans. Push to them to speak and represent themselves in your council, only with greater numbers speaking up within yourselves will things begin to shift. And who knows, a better future could be found for all, if Silverstone and his supporters are outnumbered within the council votings.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

- Despite some claims that Neutrals aren't a "faction" of their own, there is evidence that they actually think and act more and more like a faction: the very existence of the Manifesto, for one, as an attempt to unify the Neutral point of view in a single document.
    On a slightly different note though. Bringing into this the Clans again. I am worried about how the Clans almost see us as Omni all the time. We aren't. I have to admit I myself, and many others find Omni more accepting of us. No idea why, but they do seem to "tollerate" us a lot more. And I would love it if links like this could be extended more often and more openly with the Clans also. We aren't your enemy. We have no wish to be so. But hit us, and we do fight back. Do the Clans (or Omni for that matter) really need someone else nibbling at them? No. And we don't like it either.

We just want to be left to our own devices. Not wrapped up with the whole Omni/Clan thing. We don't mind working with you, and thats always good for closer ties between us all. Its just such a shame things between the Neutrals and the Clans have slipped so far...mostly due to Silverstone and the Newland guard fiasco. But still, its the past. And we all need to get along and hopefully forge closer ties again. I can't offer some peace treaty or anything, I'm just one neutral. No one can, we aren't a governed population. But many are open to forging closer ties for the future with the Clans. And a few small steps in "tollerating" us would go a long way in bringing all ours peoples together.
    Last edited by Nyadach; May 20th, 2006 at 00:23:15.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    On a slightly different note though. Bringing into this the Clans again. I am worried about how the Clans almost see us as Omni all the time. We aren't. I have to admit I myself, and many others find Omni more accepting of us. No idea why, but they do seem to "tollerate" us a lot more. And I would love it if links like this could be extended more often and more openly with the Clans also. We aren't your enemy. We have no wish to be so. But hit us, and we do fight back. Do the Clans (or Omni for that matter) really need someone else nibbling at them? No. And we don't like it either.

We just want to be left to our own devices. Not wrapped up with the whole Omni/Clan thing. We don't mind working with you, and thats always good for closer ties between us all. Its just such a shame things between the Neutrals and the Clans have slipped so far...mostly due to Silverstone and the Newland guard fiasco. But still, its the past. And we all need to get along and hopefully forge closer ties again. I can't offer some peace treaty or anything, I'm just one neutral. No one can, we aren't a governed population. But many are open to forging closer ties for the future with the Clans. And a few small steps in "tollerating" us would go a long way in bringing all ours peoples together.
    It is very unfortunate, and you are right. But until the they can open their eyes and look inward and be able to admit to themselves "Hey we are the ones that are forcing away potentially great allies", then nothing will change. Some are so quick to equate Omni and Neutral without even hesitation or even insight to think of the why. Sometimes it really feels like just talking to a wall.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    3. Neutral cities are inviolable and are to be left undisturbed during conflicts between Omni-Tek and the Clans.
    I feel this discussion should freshen up since the gas broke down on us.
    I do feel Borealis disturbed by the conflict at the moment.

Its definetly time to show this manifesto is not just words...

Must admit by now I have no clue why the gas broke down in the first place and if aur neutral Engineers are able to fix this issue. If they cant, then Borealis needs Protection.

Ier, the gas was broken in an alien invasion hit Borealis, and broke through the 100% supression. I don't know the status of repairing the gas, but it stands at 75%.
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

If it really stays at 75% there has to be something else done against fighting sided people in the streets of my hometown

(( I am practicing thread necromancy on this old boy here because it became relevant again, amongs other things directly because of what happened at the last NLCC meeting.

This is a direct example of what happens when well meaning neutrals come out with a grand idea, and then immediatly get mudded by people saying "Who made you the king of neutrals? " . And a fine example of a truly wasted opportunity. Who knows, this may be what burned out Yarko. ))

Pfffff...... some young punk saying we never do anything, crying "UNITY UNITY!". HERE! This is what happens when well meaning , hard working folks try to unite the neutrals! They get burnt to the stake !!!
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

((do tell!))

Pfff... I guess we have to do with those who believe that we're at war with everyone else. Those who believe that their view of neutrality is the only good one are more welcome among the extremist factions of Omni Tek or the Clan.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Bump

All neutrals should read this and think about it. OT and the Clans have the luxery of being mindless and not aware of issues, neutrals do not. If we are, we are steam rolled. Only by being smart, clever, adapatible, and quick on our feet do we survive.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456