Thread: eeeeh, getting banned from training?

Talking eeeeh, getting banned from training?

Read the thread about Metallica86 and training guards onto another player. Not trying to blow life into that discussion here but:

Someone claimed that training guards in general could get you banned from playing AO!

ROFL, this just cant be serious. You gotta be kidding!
    ....Right????

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Sidenote. I agree fully that the Arenas should have different rules than the normal pvp zones. Arenas should be for training purposes and the war should be taken somewhere else. But training guards is an excellent tactical move nevertheless As we lack the /call guards command its a viable option imo.

You can get banned for griefing, and killing players in 75% zone with help of training is greifing for sure.

(Not saying that FC ever will ban someone for just that, but it is griefing)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I would rather say griefing for SOME.

Probably the same people who leave a team mission if they die......

P.S I have been rooted and killed in Yalm, got trains of mobs put on me, it all makes me laugh. Isnt this just a game?

rooted and killed in a 25% zone is how PvP works, stay out of 25% zone if you can't take it

killed in 75% indirectly by a player is not how it should be..

I don't care much about it myself, I would never go afk in omni zones, and wouldn't petition for it, but some maybe do it.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Just like to say , i never petitioned him for it . To be honest he petitioned himself with those screenshots

Originally posted by bigb
    Just like to say , i never petitioned him for it . To be honest he petitioned himself with those screenshots
    yeah that was priceless

The idea why Training isnt legal is that you are able to kill another player outside a 25% or 0% zone... so you get a guard and kill a player in a 75% city zone for example. =p Thats why it isnt alowed... should be alowed in 25% or 0% zone tho but thats only my view..
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

er, I don't get it.
    It seems that if you don't want to get killed by the enemy, you shouldnt go into the enemy's city or something like that...

That goes for both sides.

That to, but in some cases if you need to go to some town (bets me tho) and you go and hide afk (bets me again ) knowing you'll be safe from guards (which can kill you..) But when you train mobs (guards, monster's and any npc) it actully really counts as you do the kill, not that the game mechanics will give ya any points. =p

its really that easy... in 25% and 0% players can kill ya but in 75% they arent supposed to.... but if they train mobs on ya they basicly kill ya... =/
    ---

i think there should be a way to have guards follow you and attack clanners for you...only in 75% of course...in 25% that'd be like having pets...

what are guards for if you can't report clanners to them so they can acually be effective?

Originally posted by Dooomiz
    i think there should be a way to have guards follow you and attack clanners for you...only in 75% of course...in 25% that'd be like having pets...

what are guards for if you can't report clanners to them so they can acually be effective?
    You cant... now... its like a small exploit.. You take use of game mechanics in a way they arent supposed to be... its like this in most games.. uo trammel for example same thing there you cant kill players in trammel but by Training mobs on the players gets him killed and its likely your fault.

So there could be.. but it aint.

im speaking of training in general ... and how do you Call a guard by shooting on him huh? =/ Likely he would arrest you first...
    ---

Originally posted by Dooomiz

That's how it SHOULD be! I see an omni at Tir grid, I should be
    able to type /report %t, and if he's in my zone, guards come help.

Maybe /investigate (coords here.) But that'd be horrible on the
    servers. But STILL< there MUST be a way to do this..
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

I, uhhh...... *know someone* that has been warned by GM's for traning clan guards on low level omni's at tir arena.

i..... uhh.... that person, was warned that they will be banned if they did it again.

So to answer the question,

Yes, you can get banned for traning guards onto people.

I personally see nothing wrong with it, but it can happen.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM