Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online Booster Pack with Land Control

Anarchy Online Booster Pack with Land Control

Funcom today released a press release with information of an upcoming "Booster Pack" featuring the long awaited addition of 'Land Control' to the game.

Read it here and discuss it below.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Nice, a shame that it's an item which you have'll to buy while it should've been with the game ages ago or brought in with a certain patch (14.5? for example).
    Last edited by Georg; Aug 12th, 2002 at 14:30:38.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Cool Land ownership/conquest

Now, -that- feature has been something people have drooled over for some time.

To be able to conquer and control land will make AO that much more enjoyable to play, especially for the military-oriented clans.

The press release mentions 'towers' being able to be bought and placed out. I guess the permanent towers would cost in the range of millions (at the very least), but what about the temporary towers? Any suggested price range for them? Several models/QLs? Different benefits depending on the type of tower bought and placed?

Too bad about Shadowlands being pushed back until first half 2003, but it's better with a finished product, after all, than a rushed one.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

great news! maybe I need to start levelgin instead of just RP'ing. I want to participate (wrong spell , I know) in the land control battles. one thing! do I need to buy this booster pack? not that it matter , I got enough money , but I think it should be free in patches.

-doma-

Heh. Might even make me PvP some.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Thumbs up Nice

I like the idea. Maybe I need to start playing again as I know my former clan will play a vital role in this.

Good to see that Kzak is still on the alert.

I am very familiar with the booster pack concept, and think that it's a nice addition the comuter genere. Nothing about a release date was metioned, but I assume it will replase Shadoland and have a december release.

Price? 5 - 10$ ?

I like it.

Land controll? Gotta play then!

Nahadra.
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

Originally posted by doma
    great news! maybe I need to start levelgin instead of just RP'ing. I want to participate (wrong spell , I know) in the land control battles. one thing! do I need to buy this booster pack? not that it matter , I got enough money , but I think it should be free in patches.

-doma-

The chat tonight (UnknownPlayer at 2pm PST) will answer alot of your questions, I'm sure, so if you are around please feel free to turn up. If you can't make it, I'm sure there will be logs available and comments on the boards.

This doesn't come in patches because the size of this addition is too large for everyone to download. There's alot of scope in this booster pack and it wouldn't be fair to those on dial-up and slow connections (which is alot of people) if we restricted this to a patch. It is in much the same way that expansion packs are way too big to download.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Talking ...

You know what? Some of my ex-guildbuddies will return for sure if this is a success (and it's released before SWG). I like that.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Question Downloadable

This doesn't come in patches because the size of this addition is too large for everyone to download. There's alot of scope in this booster pack and it wouldn't be unfair to those on dial-up and slow connections (which is alot of people) if we restricted this to a patch. It is in much the same way that expansion packs are way too big to download.
    But we will get an option to pay and download too ?
    ScottyB
    Lvl 107 NT - Rubi-Ka 1 - Clan

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Something else new!!! I'm so pleased that Funcom have decided to take another two steps forward, especially considering the state of the current game. All the professions are balanced, the world of Rubi-Ka is filled with people everywhere, the game runs smoothly, there are no exploits and having 1 million creds still means something. The best thing though is that you have no other hugely important patches to work on, I mean who was waiting for 14.5 and 14.6 really? Good move Funcom, you've certainly picked the right time.

*Sarcasm mode OFF*

Re: Anarchy Online Booster Pack with Land Control

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Funcom today released a press release with information of an upcoming "Booster Pack" featuring the long awaited addition of 'Land Control' to the game.

Read it here and discuss it below.
    Question: Do we have to buy each booster pack and if so what is the expected price per pack.

Also, what if we have two accounts, do we have to buy a pack for each system?

Great news, IMO. A few questions since I won't be able to make the chat today:

1) How will we get this (we can download the full game but the booster pack is too large?)? How much will it cost? ETA?

2) Will we be able to buy machines (insurance, reclaim, bank, sales) in our towers? Will we be able to hire guards?

3) Only certain areas of the map will be buildable on?

4) How will this be tested?

5) This will not affect the already existing structures in the game? We still won't be able to assault an NPC outpost and thereby switch permanent control of it (well, permanent until someone kicks us out)?

Scorus

My only question is:

If i buy it, will i be able to dl it, cause i leave in france and i don't want to wait 3 month to see the booster release in france

And if i import it, it will cost me much money for transport than the booster himself hehe

thx and very with this annoucement

Now this sounds fun. Finally a purpose to PvP

And yeah I hope this is also downloadable, even if it's a whole CDs worth of new stuff and you still have to pay (the existing 650Mb client is downloadable so there's no technical reason not to I hope...)

Browken

Tested I Hope...

I just hope its been "THOROUGHLY TESTED. Not like the original AO release was supposedly tested before release. I'd hate to see this game go back to being unstable again after so many months or finally being able to login and play.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."

Just make sure they don't hose the Neutrals or you'll lose our guild with this.

We'll defend it versus Clan, Omni, or Neutral and might start enjoying the game again.

Basically, I'm saying 0% that few hours during the day and not 25%.

Or perhaps this is time to introduce 15% gas where you can freely attack anybody EXCEPT your own faction.

In my own home, I want the ability to fend off attackers.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/st...1/name/1538049

We'd survive a wave or two of assault.

Im all for making PvP meaningful, where we change things because of our actions....now...these advantages are for the guild that participates? How is this fair to the small guild that is just a few mates having fun as compared to the huge guilds? Wouldnt it have been more sensible to try for clan vs omni (vs neutral)? Allowing all the people with the booster a chance to benefit not just the "powerful" organisations.

I also question how you can justify the downloading of the entire game but not the booster pack....logically the game is bigger than the pack...
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Question

Well, sounds good. Other than price, the only other question I have is, how are you going to test this?

It's an extremely smart idea (even if they don't know it) to force a box onto store shelves in the near future.

The majority of the gaming populace doesn't even know Anarchy Online exists.

If there was a box on the shelf and I went to buy it and some guy saw me picking it up, as I rounded the corner, he might actually pick it up and read the box. I know if I see somebody heading straight to a particular game and grab it and walk away, I go see what all the hubbub is about.

Anarchy Online has very poor penetration into the market consciousness. Whether they will admit it or not, it's a niche game now one year after release. You don't see it on any store shelf and it's not mentioned in many articles that discuss MMORPG's.

Example:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59959,00.html

Where was AO mentioned?

A 'box' will by default raise discussion in the various gamer magazines and make it onto the 'release schedule' sections of these publications. It also will warrant a review forcing further consideration by the gaming public.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Aug 12th, 2002 at 16:09:14.

Originally posted by Jorji
    I also question how you can justify the downloading of the entire game but not the booster pack....logically the game is bigger than the pack...
    well said Jorji -

I paid $50 to get my AO copy a year ago and now anyone can dl the entire client for free? It pisses me off...and I just barely missed getting a backpack too

There should at the very least be an option to dl the "booster pack" since it obviously isn't larger than the client. I don't know about anyone else, but it took me less than 1/2 hour to dl the client (but i do have a good connex)
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast