Thread: Well, It's Monday...and an ass question

Well, It's Monday...and an ass question

Where's the "big announcement"?

By the way...is ass a swear, or does it all depend on context? For example, if you were referring to a pack animal is it acceptable? Such as, "I need a new ass to pull my wagon." Or, if you are using it in conjunction with another word to describe someone as a fool, such as "jackass." Now, I can understand why "Kiss my ass" would be offensive, but is it still considered a swear in this context?

I think I need some clearification on the word ass. Four letter words are more clear cut, but I really don't want to be banned from the boards for using the word ass in an inappropriate manner.

Thanks.

or you can just not use it at all? just an thought
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

The answer is......

"Boosterpacks"

With details to follow

dB

Ok, band plays, kids sing from rooftops, mayor gives key to city.

Now can NT's have that patch?
    Last edited by Darkbrood; Aug 12th, 2002 at 14:26:23.

From the press release, first paragraph

"The first Anarchy Online booster pack is scheduled to be in stores for the holiday buying season of 2002. Pricing is yet to be determined, but should be less than the cost of an expansion pack."

So its a mini-me expansion? do we still get patches?
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Bahaha

gamer: Hey, funcom! Where is our new content?! Its been like 6 months!

funcom: We are developing a half-patch for u...

gamers (in unisen): We quit.

funcom: Um, err, here - look at the pretty booster pack (which conveniently costs more money whereas patches do not)

funcom casts "Distract With Baubles"

gamer: ooohhh....

Faign: i should have known; they are all traders after all...

It sounds like it might be good fun and should add a little extra twist to AO. imagine if your in a guild that is against notum mining, you suddenly have 1000s of viable targets for your activities instead of those cannons in clon****. and you will have quite an impact as your effecting other people not some mindless NPCs.
    The whole omni - clan tension should take an extra dimension as these areas give bonuses to controlling orgs, should RP and PvP fun in my opinion

just disapointed that this was meant to be in shadowlands and is being released seperately as a mini-me expansion. I'll still buy it though.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Question ???

why do i feel so screwed?

a friend of mine just brought up a good point.

if its too big for a patch, why can i download the full game client?
    Last edited by Paintedsoul; Aug 12th, 2002 at 16:26:42.

Because they want you to pay for it. Someone told me when I began this game that I shouldn't bother. Wait for shadowlands they said. Right now AO is just a commercial beta. They have so far seemed quite right. Everything promised about this game looks to be available by paying more money. Sad.

not everyone has a high bandwith connection... Imagine the poor dudes and dudettes who have to download a 100-200MB (my guess for the word large) file for the new stuff... that would just plain suck and take the good portion of a day maybe more to download... I know it took a freind of mine 2 days to download the main game over a 56K modem... I don't know many people who would want to do that...
    Russel "Knightsaber" Craddock
    Adventurer
    Rubi-Ka 1
    Geeks of Rubi-Ka

AO's new slogan:
    "Anarchy Online... Better than a kick in the nuts!"

i was gonna post something meaningful but im way too baffled by all this

Originally posted by Centurion3
    or you can just not use it at all? just an thought
    Nah, is say use it. Don't ASSume that they will have a problem with it. They can always ASSign a moderator to check the foums. We can ever ASSist them by policing ourselves. That's all they ASSk (that was a stretch i know).

As for the big announcement, don't anyone go holding their breath.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

The 'poo' analogy...

Well, where as most people would flame, I'm going to give an analogy as to what FC's doing from my perspective...

You're paper-training your dog, and instead of cleaning the old poo covered paper up, you lay another layer of clean paper on top. This makes everything look nice and neat to the outside eye, but to those that live there, they still smell the poo underneath.

Then that paper gets poo covered. Time for another layer, only this time, you have to pay for it... Then another, and another and so on...

Way I figure it, there's enough poo under all these layers for the smell to become so over-powering we choke from it by now, and I honestly see most people are...

Perhaps if FC issued a garauntee that this 'Booster Poo' would run problem free, I'd be a little more excited, but I think we all know that upon release, we'll get patch after patch to fix all the problems we just paid to get.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

so what your saying is that this poo will be no different other than that we have to pay for this poo? eh?

zylina, you talk an awful lot on a message board of a game you supposedly can't stand.
    Deviaz - 50some Fixer
    Yengchoe - 86 MA

Please ban Daetona from making analogies.

How about this:

Funcom is adding plush new carpeting, but placing it over a rotted floor.

See, no "poo" involved.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Originally posted by hobbes
    Please ban Daetona from making analogies.

How about this:

Funcom is adding plush new carpeting, but placing it over a rotted floor.

See, no "poo" involved.
    Poo made me laugh
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Re: The 'poo' analogy...

Originally posted by Daetona
    Perhaps if FC issued a garauntee that this 'Booster Poo' would run problem free, I'd be a little more excited, but I think we all know that upon release, we'll get patch after patch to fix all the problems we just paid to get.
    That will never happen. EULA for AO states:

Anarchy Online End-User License Agreement
    14. WE PROVIDE THE CD-ROM, THE SOFTWARE, THE ACCOUNT, THE GAME AND ALL OTHER SERVICES "AS IS".....

....Without limiting the foregoing, we do not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the CD-ROM, the Software, the Game or your Account.
    If they did guarantee functionality of anything, they'd be violating their own EULA...lol
    .: Naraya :.

*Flushes the poo*

Alright, so maybe not a garauntee... but a little more reassurance that future products will run as they should, and deliver what they say in a proffesional and responsible way...
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE