Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrogance.

I don't play this game to teach some arrogant jerk how to ask for buffs. If their request was so annoying as for me to decide it not worth the effort of tracking them down, finding them in ctrl-tab/tab listing, changing form if needed, going to the buff in my hotkeys/nanolist, and casting said buff... im sure as hell not going to take the time and effort to explain to them how they are being an idiot and not going to get help.

If someone wants my buff and my buff requires mastery/infuse/mochams/wrangle, I'm not grateful that they were able to track someone down to cast it on me simply because it's what they need to get my buff

To everyone complaining that they spend multiple hours looking for a buff, grow up! yes, you heard me... make some friends in game and learn who is able to cast the buff you need when you need it then wander around ctrl-tab>t'ing everyone till you find someone who meets the qualifications. If your trying to find mochams at 5am est then odds arent very good your going to get it, just try tomorrow or after the next mission.

to the people complaining how unfair it is that meta's not drop everything so you can make a bot, give it a rest... nobody cares and we are all tired of hearing it, the simple fact is that a meta/trader is not going to want to bother wandering across the globe and buffing you.. and telling yo uto clear your ncu when it's too full for the other half... and telling you again... and telling you again... and finally getting the spot clear but it's clear cause you clickedoff the first mochams too along with the other twink buff you got from someone else. Dispite all these whines from engineers about how rude meta's are towards them when they hound them for buffs day in and day out often times multiple times a day you never hear from them say "sure i'll fly out to the neut outpost in mort by perpetual to make your MCS"

3. Hand you full packs worth of implants for you to figure out because they were to lazy to at least put them in order in the bags, and yes they do stay together in packs if you sort them. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well Said!! I'm only level 106, but with my imps switched and buffed I can get up to about 726 or so NP. This is my BIGGEST pet peeve about imps. They just give you tons of implants, tons of clusters, and think you have the time to sort it all out. Personally, if peeps don't sort their own imps, I give them back and tell them to catch me when they have it all sorted and I'm outtie!!

Although I can cast the BM/TS/MC infuses, I don't announce this often so I'm still safe from those buff requests....for now...

When I desire to have my implants made I organize them in my backpack and give 1 job at a time

i.e.

1 implant + 1 shining and faded

or simply

1 implant and 1 nc

that way the person who is kind enough to help me out doesnt have to figure it out.

I always order my implants with first the implant and then the cluster(s). I also explain this order to the implant maker.

DON'T FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW YOU ORGANIZED THEM!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I am a high level trader and nothing makes me cring more then sitting at the mission terms in Tir waiting for some more team missions when suddenly some one comes running through shouting for a wrangler/maestros.
    Okay, I don't mind doing buffs and wranglers but it is a real pain in the ass when I have to zone twice, drain, wait for the noob to get into the back yard, leave my team, team up with noob, wait for noob to clear NCU, drain again cause the first ones went away waiting for noob, then casting the wrangler, leave team, fight to get out of the $#!^$#@!^%@ backyard, zone again, and find my team which has become impatient waiting for me and may have already left. Is it any wonder I cring when someone comes begging for wrangler? And I want to know where the people are when I am stand by the grid term offering buffs for free.

PS: n00b is anyone who comes to the NW mission terms looking for buffs. That area should be off limits for such stuff. People are there to get missions or team, not to buff your candy @$$ self. Sure I might be flamed for this statement but hey, it is what I believe.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

I'm glad many people are in support of
    /tell buffmeister could i trouble you for XXX buff? I'm happy to tip.

It's personal, it gets the message across.
    Asking a player by name in /say or /shout for a buff can get them spammed out by noobs who now know that this buff is around.

As a Martial Artist I remember handing out Crit buffs all day long and never asking for or accepting a tip. I still provide plenty of buffs and either give them for free, refuse if the person is rude.

I prefer to ask only guildmates or friends for buffs. The last time I asked a stranger for IC, my tip of 100k was accepted but the person informed me that I was a cheapskate.

Who's Being Arrogant..........?

This is a good thread. It is exposing people's frustatration and allow gimped classes (Eng & Crat) a chance to figure out the correct way to accomplish getting buffed.

Buffers (Traders and MPs) listen up here; Not one of us likes buff beggin. Here's why

1) Its' erodes our "self-esteem" to have to be reliant on others to play. This is common sense guys.

2) Time consuming (takes an hour sometimes to fail in the buff quest, followed by a log out since you get pissed FC makes it a requirement to need buffs/wrangles to cast orange/red bot past 100).

3) Waste of money. Holy sh it you guys. It costs me on average 100K to get Infuses/Mochz/Wrangles. This adds up over time in a way that you MPs and Trader can't imagine.

4) And of course, You get buffs, cast bot, buffs wear off and unstable AO crashes. You then relog in, and start (refer to points 1-3 above).

Basically, my strategy is (in order)

a) look on guild
    b) Then look for Trader or MP.
    c) once found (5 - 60 minutes later), "/tell BuffKing Hello, could you plz give me TS and MC Infuses? (tipping)"
    d) /greet or /bow to get attention

If he buffs, I /curt and pay him 80 for infuses or 100 for Mochz/Warngle. And of coure "Thank you very kindly" I then shoot him an AC buff, /wave and leave.

If he ingores me (~30% time) I /wave and /tell "Thnx anyway and sorry for disturbing you" I then start the 5 -60 min. search all over here.

Keep in mind the whole time I am thinking to myself "FC sure Funcommed this aspect of the game".

So basically you MPs and Traders, have some mercy on us Engis and Crats. We hate buff beggin 1000x more than the financially lucrative inconvenience of buffing us (I wish I had this problem).

And to the less astute reader. Eng's can cast a blood red bot untill they hit the 100 caps. Then its yellowish-orange bots selfcast only. All you other classes have been conditioned to see a red bot on an Eng (and who would want to team with an Eng with a yellow bot). Therefore, buffs are necessary in order to be wanted in a Team.

And to answer the question of why i just dont quit. It took me 4 months to get lvl 100. There's no way in hell I am wsting all that time to reroll a Petless class (call me Arrogant ).
    Last edited by WookiHog; Aug 15th, 2002 at 02:20:20.

Re: Who's Being Arrogant..........?

Originally posted by WookiHog
    It is exposing people's frustatration and allow gimped classes (Eng & Crat) a chance to figure out the correct way to accomplish getting buffed.
    I agree that engies are a gimped class atm... but crats are anything but that! IMO they are probably one of the strongest single classes in the game... definitely not gimps

heh

...i am gimped? Holy crap.

I feel that i hardly need any outside buffs.
    Ofcourse they are nice, but really they add so lite when i soloing, so i dont bother.

but if team have a mp/doc/soldier/ma/agent etc. ofcourse i ask.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

I'm an advent...so only lowbies ask me for buffs (if at all), and I have no problem with that.

I've found that if you ask nicely, and are standing in front of the person at the time, most people are friendly.

as for the /ignore command. i think it's great. if someone doesn't want to buff you, and you keep /telling them, then /ignore is the perfect solution.

i don't think it has anything to do with arrogance at all. i think it has to do with the buff-givers not wanting to be bothered by strangers who simply expect buffs.

Ok about asking for buffs... I don't know about others, but I hate ppl trying to chat with me a bit before asking for buffs... If you need buff, just ask straight, instead of greeting my 18 generations of Ancestry (Chinese Expression).
    Also, I find it insulting to trying to tip me... I don't want your money, period.

Originally posted by Phione

Also, I find it insulting to trying to tip me... I don't want your money, period.
    How is anyone gonna know that they shouldn't tip you when the norm is to tip?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123