Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OTPC: CEO Zora announces surprise corporate address

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    Ah, why must we have this discussion every six months or so?

You might want to read the disclaimer at the start of the "Historical Perspective" articles, the ones where the author admits his research is largely speculation.

Instead see http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44519&]Major Clans for an unbiased description of the major Clans.

There is nothing new about this twisting inconvenient truths. Back in the days of the Sentinel coup in Tir, I recall Fixerben, another former CoT member, trying to convinve me that the Sentinel should not be regarded as a Clan.

While it is true that history is written by the winner, atleast have the good grace of waiting until you have actually won the Omni-Clan conflcit before starting!

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

(sitting in Newland at Neuters enjoying a drink, while watching the chatter of the event)
    Sorry Nyadach. I tried to follow in the masses.. but the little "chaos" that was there, turned to me.. I recived some bullets by ... (shrugs) a unicorn.
    (So glad for the insurance). Thus I missed his whereabouts.

It just seems too convinient though.. Like Zora wanted this "confrontation". As said it was not much of a surprise attack which are the "label" of the Dusters. I mean.. announcing that you are high lord..what not.. of the Dust Brigade?
    And then running off while few Unicorns actually responds to the attack?
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Instead see http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44519&]Major Clans for an unbiased description of the major Clans.

There is nothing new about this twisting inconvenient truths.
    That list was NEVER officially verified or acknowledged by the old or the new CoT.

For the list of Legacy Clans, reffer to the official CoT Gridsite here.

You will see that the old 'list' does not match the list which the ACTIVE and CURRENT Council of Truth recognizes as Legacy Clans. The old CoT did not recognized DB even as a clan, I recall then CoT Commander Pendion even hunting down the dusters under CoT orders in two occasions as they were considered ENEMIES of the clans.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I appreciate that the CoT stands frimly against the Dust Brigade, but there were Clans long before there was a Council of Truth, and Clan vs Clan violence is nothing new.

I think the confusion stems from the fact that there is no clear definition of what consitutes a Clan. As things stand, it's a historical heritage sort of thing more than a precise political definition. There are plenty of Clans which are very much Neutral in spirit (New Dawn, the Pilgrims, , there are plenty of Neutral factions which could be considered, politically like Clans. You'd think the Eco Warriors might have more in common with Desert Winds and the NLF than Vanguard.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Unfortunatly I too got caught up in the fighting and didnt see what happened to Zora. Though I must say it seemed unlike the DB's methods in an attack. It is possible that Maelfus was/is posing as DB and is just a renegade.

Also does anyone know what rank Lord Marshal IS within the DB?
    Slynthia - 220 - Solitus - Trader - RK1 - Terminal Velocity
    Sidus - 120 - Solitus - Enforcer - RK1 - Terminal Velocity

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

sobeguy: It is the Way of the Trader to laugh in the face of adversity, smile in the face of death, and enjoy the in-flight peanuts when you realize your plane just lost a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    Urmm, guys...anyone see what actually happened to Zora when Maelfus and his cronies came out of the shadows and declared thier true identities? I was trying to track him (if only to see him get out alive) but lost him in the midst of the scramble out of close quarter fighting to a more defensible position. Does anyone know if he made it out alive? injured? or have the Dusters captured him? am so annoyed at myself for getting caught up in the fight for revenge for the last time I danced with the Dusters grr *kicks himself*.
    My source's say that Zora was transpoted to a safe place while omni-pol/omni-AF and assorted people engaged the dusters.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

The fun thing about it all....Zora just stood there watching while Maelfus and his men shot into the masses. He did absolutely nothing for his men *shakes her head and grins* ...aren't you just happy omni-tek has such a weak leader? It actually seemed like they were expecting this. Why was Zora not transported out immediately to avoid him getting killed? I mean he stood there for like 10 minutes if not even more. The reason for him standing there? To spit out propaganda once Maelfus had left the area.

*Replays voicelog*

Zora: Kill that traitor! Kill Betalus!
    Zora: Listen up, everyone! Omni-Tek will not stand for treason, murder or cowardly terrorist attacks on employees!
    Zora: The Corporation shall utterly destroy all who oppose us in such a matter. You shall all serve as witnesses to my statement on this day...
    Zora: Omni-Tek will complete and forever wipe out the Dust Brigade and all who support them! They will not be safe in the outzones. They will not be safe in their caves.
    Zora: Mark my words! An end to their terror is near!
    Noradu: All Traitors shall die
    Noradu: All Traitors shall die
    Zora: Get these clan terrorists and traitors out of my city! Omni-Tek has no room for such vermin!

*End of voicelog*

He is nothing but a power hungry coward. He hid for a year and now he is expecting us ALL to serve him....

*laughs out loud while walking away*
    Last edited by Nuser_; Apr 2nd, 2006 at 13:12:17.

(( actaully on rk2 he stood back and enjoyed it like it was a pvp video. ))

Netwerk said it all. And he said it all.. well.
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Netwerk
    Windguaerd, have you considered signing up as a reporter for the FJRK? Your Clan propaganda is so much more entertaining than their current hack.

The Dust Brigade were actually Unicorns or Omni? Riiight, and that would be why they've murdered uninsured children and elderly Omni-Tek employees, not to mention hacking our insurance to murder squads of Omni-Pol with their terrorist tactics.

And the Brigade NOT a Clan? You can shout that out to the hills 'till your blue in the face, it won't make it true. I've been up close and personal to them, close unough for a deep NCU scan to tell me they register as Clan. "Oh but they attack us" says the denier. Check out the tactics that they use between our factions. Us they perma-kill our old and young, as well as our other employees who thought they were insured. Versus the Clans? The pop by and shoot up the place a bit. Wow! That's, like, totally the same thing! Or maybe rather, they've been trying to train you and keep you ready. They might, perhaps, even be trying to strengthen you.
    Well, that is the beauty of it from a tactical point of view. The corporation can solidly claim innocence saying 'oh the children! oh the elderly!'...oh the ones who are of no use to you because they're too young to work or too old to work for you anymore...oh how the young who were of no use die...and the old ones no longer can cash their pension which OT are legally bound to pay...if they're alive.

Cry me a river of corporate tears...oh the profits lost...wait...no profits lost...the only bomb DB ever managed to set off was in...Omni-1...civilian district, no administration offices...no Omni-Pol or Omni-AF building...no...alll employees which could be replaced...or too old to matter to them.

But wait, DB attacked them many times over the years and...hmm..a handful of the low ranking guards dead...and reclaimed back to safety.

DB perma killed 2 people who worked for the CoT...hmm, that's something. I'm yet to recall when DB has attacked Omni-HQ, just the surrounding districts in a hit-and-run fashion with minimal losses and all insured (except eh bombing incident of course).

So if you were to put it on a balance (as you have somewhat put it)...the side which has received more damage is the clans. Not only by attacks from DB but the consequence that the corporation has used their attacks to place the blame on the clan for everything under the sun that goes wrong.

Maelfus betrays OT...'woah he must be a clanner!'...how about 'woah he must be looking out for himself like OT taught him and he is taking the operation he was running under his own terms!'...

It's likely OT knew about the operation, even more likely they approve it to use DB as the 'bad image' of the clans to their use. Making OT the 'victim' would be to their advantage.

However if they were to stop the operation they would have to eliminate all involved, including Maelfus. So perhaps he took it upon himself to BE the threat he was supposed to create rather than wait to be eliminated.

That and probably he was also jealous of Zora, combine it all:

1. A secret operation to create chaos, disarray and denigrate the image of the clans.
    2. A well organized group of people with highly advanced weaponry (and possible a lot of funding behind it)
    3. Those involved in the operation after all these years would be loyal to Maelfus due to their long involvement.
    4. Maelfus's jealousy.
    5. Opportunity to strike at the ones he hates...which now includes OT.

This means DB will continue to do what they have done, attack all sides.

Was Zora originaly behind the DB/UC operation? maybe, god knows.

How did Zora became CEO? Ross was shot with a modified weapon, with technology which the clans don't have...but the corporation would be able to acquire...how convenient.

The man who tried a few times to have peace talks with the clan gets shot down, and the leader of the most ruthless and elite omni armed personnel is put in charge.

Oh yeah...Omni-Tek is a victim...they did nothing wrong...that's as likely as Ross coming out of his condition and dancing in Omni-1 with a pink dress screaming 'Clans Rulez Baby' and declaring Fridays as 'Fun Day with a naked Opifex'....with Department Directors in tow...in leather outfits....crawling...with 'Slave' collars on their necks...and Silverstone coming out and saying 'Want Milk?'....as likely as THAT!
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Apr 2nd, 2006 at 16:28:21.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

I've been up close and personal to them, close unough for a deep NCU scan to tell me they register as Clan.
    and i've seen them as clanners, omni and neuts. They can change how they register on a whim.

I've said for a long time now that each time we got closer to peace, history shows that the Dusters will show up and ruin it. I firmly believe it is engineered conflict. Someone here doesn't want peace for some reason or another. Prime, Tru-Space, Sol-Banking...whoever.

Dispute it if you want. Won't change my mind until I see otherwise.

Excuse me while I wash the bile from my mouth.
    ooh, nasty.

burn.
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

I can confirm that CEO Tarkhan Zora is alive and completely unharmed from the incident, thanks to the rapid and efficient response by Omni-Tek security forces. Curtis Maelfus may have escaped justice for the time but is being diligently pursued by Omni-Tek forces.

CEO Zora summarized Omni-Tek policy toward the Dust Brigade quite nicely. The Dust Brigade will be hunted down, and they will be destroyed. In the upcoming week there will be a series of high level reviews of the situation, culminating with the Omni-Tek Affiliate meetings next weekend. More information should be publicly available after that point, but for now our comments on the subject have to remain limited.

In the meantime, you can expect to hear a lot of Clan propaganda on the situation such as that displayed above. The Clan does not have any useful information regarding this situation and any statements that they make here are purely conjecture and wishful thinking.

Curtis Maelfus was a senior member of Omni-Pol. He was not a part of Omni-AF, and certainly not a member of Omni-AF’s Unicorn Company. He did not have access to any of their equipment or technology. While he did have access to some armaments, it is simply not possible for Curtis Maelfus to have provided the Dust Brigade with any of Omni-Tek’s advanced military weapons.

Secondly, I would like to comment on the Dust Brigade being considered Clan. Omni-Tek does not base that judgment on such nebulous things as old lists and NCU scans, and certainly not the criteria set by the unrecognized reformed Council of Truth. The reasons the Dust Brigade are considered Clan include but are not limited to the following:

1. Omni-Tek defines the Clans as being terrestrial organizations, dedicated to the overthrow of Omni-Tek’s rightful colonial government of Rubi-Ka, though either force or coercion. The Dust Brigade fits this definition regardless of their relationship with other Clans.

2. The Dust Brigade was actively involved in Red Freedom, a Clan political movement dedicated to sabotaging the amnesty process and ending the ceasefire agreement that was signed after the third war.

3. The Sabulum Incident. Following the attack on Omni-1 on December 19, 29475, Omni-Tek forces pursued the Brigade across Rubi-Ka. While closing in on their base of operation, the neutral city of Sabulum was occupied by Omni-Pol and Omni-AF forces. Many Clans, especially those involved with Red Freedom, attacked the forces stationed at Sabulum and eventually forced Omni-Tek to fall back. As a result of this cooperation between the Dust Brigade and the militant Clans, we were unable to quickly capture the Brigade and they still operate freely to this day.

4. While they have a mysterious background, the goals of the Dust Brigade have never been ambiguous. They have publicly stated that the reason they are fighting other Clans is because they view them as traitors for accepting the ceasefire and amnesty with Omni-Tek. The Dust Brigade views the Council of Truth in much the same way that the Sentinels view the neutrals, as fence sitters who don’t go far enough. The Brigade is more than a clan: they are the refined essence of what separates the Clans from the neutrals.

Windguaerd Wagner has some very understandable reasons for saying the things he does. His clan, under his father’s leadership, was associated with both Red Freedom and with the attacks on Omni-Tek forces in Sabulum. That kind of association with the Dust Brigade, even if it was a casual and unintentional one, is a liability that could interfere with Wagner’s political ambitions. The obvious way to wash one’s hands of that dirt is to thoroughly denounce the Brigade and to try to associate them with Omni-Tek. While neither myself nor Omni-Tek care one bit about Wagner’s posturing with the other clans, the foul propaganda he is spewing all over the public grid is completely inappropriate and should not be tolerated. Do not listen to this man.

As I said before, more information should be made available in one week’s time, barring any unexpected developments.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Exclamation

Holy hell. How can you be so damned mercenary about the losses of children? 49 children and teenagers dead, 23 senior citizens dead, 86 adult employees dead. What the hell is a matter with you? These children and teens were parts of families. Families of employees. It is likely that the children would enter into employment with us when they grew to the age of majority. Employees don't come out of no-where, we are children, parents, grand-parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, guardians, wards, and more.
    Since 29475 when immigration to RK was open to all, there has been no lack of people signing up to join Omni-Tek. Employees do come from everywhere across the galaxy, they get a free ride into RK with a job from OT. Did you forget your own propaganda?

The losses of the few are felt by us all.
    Employees perhaps, but I doubt the Omni-Prime sheds a tear for a few employees. All they see is numbers. Minus 200, another 1000 new employees next week. No problem.

You give a long explanation about profits and productivity. Which is valid, to a point. Rubi-Ka has been practically in constant war between both factions, this is well known to anyone on the planet and anywhere there is a gridfeed. People know that casualties are to be expected, RK is not a safe world even with the reclaim system we have. Now think for how many centuries the battles have been going on...and you can pretty much guess that most rubikans have a thick skin when it comes to death. Specially when it comes to children and the elderly because they can't be insured (either because they are too young or too old).

I don't see the notum shipments slow down, not even the week the bomb went off in Omni-1 years ago...there was no change in the amount of notum delivered. Mainly because...the bomb did not go off in a notum mine, or the area where the Notum Cannons are located...it did not affect productivity. Employees know they have a quota to fill, if they want to keep their jobs.

Positions don't get filled, work doesn't get done, lack of productivity equates to loss of profit.
    As I said before, there is no lack of people arriving and joining OT.

Oh, and not feeling mercenary enough, you try to disparage the fine work that our elderly have done and their pensions they have earned by inferring that their death would mean no loss of profit? Aside from the fact that Omni-Tek's Rubi-Ka death benefits far exceed the amounts that would be 'saved' because of a lost pensioner
    I'd have to disagree. Even without reclaim, elderly do live to a long age due to the fact that nanotechnology keeps them healthy. And last time I checked, the Omni-Tek Death Benefits Program applies to ACTIVE employees, not retired employees. They have to pay for a death insurance program (which not many do because of health is never an issue).

You talk about a handful of low ranking guards reclaimed to safety, yet you forget the very first act performed by the Dust Brigade, where insurance databases were sabotaged and 466 Omni-Tek soldiers were murdered. These soldiers had wives and husbands, parents and children. You say this loss and sadness is meaningless?
    I didn't say it was meaningless, at the time the clans sympathized with the deaths of innocents. My point is that...DB attacked both sides, and it was both sides TOGETHER which (at least it appeared at the time) defeated them during the 3rd war. Had the clans not allied with omnis...it would have been more difficult to track down the terrorists. It was because our side felt DB was a threat to all because of the massacre that the clans decided to work with omnis. So it wasn't meaningless.

You propose that somehow your loss of 2 clanners somehow equates to this loss of 624 Omni-Tek souls. And then you have the temerity to say that because you feel persecuted that Omni-Tek has linked the Dust Brigade with the Clans, you think you got the worst of it??
    The 2 CoT employees are the 'official' death count, if we want to go into unofficial reports. 2 members of my own clan (Mercury Dragons) were perma killed by DB. I know of a few more who fell at their hands in Tir, Old Athen, Newland, Borealis, Broken Shores and Perpetual Wastelands...permakilled. Such numbers are not official because unlike the corporation not all clans share information about such...unfortunate act. I myself have vowed to kill DB whenever I could, to avenge the 2 dragons I lost, I do this in their memory. The 624 SOLDIERS were in a war, their deaths shouldn't have been unexpected...what was unexpected was the way they died. It was a vile tactic, both sides could see that and it is the reason why differences were put aside to hunt down DB then.

How DARE you impugn the memory of these people and the losses that we have most keenly felt? How can you be so foul?

Excuse me while I wash the bile from my mouth.
    I'm a military leader, I see things from a non-linear way. Different angles to speak plainly. It was a tragedy how people were permakilled without a chance to return to their loves ones...but such tactic was not only used on omnis, it was used on neutrals and clanners.

Deaths aside...and I mean body count. I look also at the places they struck at, clans were hit everywhere including the CoT building. Neutrals were hit everywhere, there were even dusters in the fire place in Reet's Retreat once.

Omni-Tek has never had any military (or Pol) facility/buildings, notum mine or even Omni-HQ targetted by DB. Honestly the clans have targetted such places without a problem (at least before the Unicorns arrived). Yet the powerful DB which makes the strongest clans pale in comparison....didn't.

DB was never a large organization, it was a small group, hard to find, equipped with weapons which had no comparison...well, at least now maybe we can compare their power to the alien weapons. They appear, hit-shout-run. The old 'ashes to ashes, dust to dust' has been heard many times in clan territory...with dozens of clan bodies and streets painted with blood as the result.

Perhaps you may considenr looking at the situation and historical facts, from a different angle.

Exclamation

2. The Dust Brigade was actively involved in Red Freedom, a Clan political movement dedicated to sabotaging the amnesty process and ending the ceasefire agreement that was signed after the third war.

3. The Sabulum Incident. Following the attack on Omni-1 on December 19, 29475, Omni-Tek forces pursued the Brigade across Rubi-Ka. While closing in on their base of operation, the neutral city of Sabulum was occupied by Omni-Pol and Omni-AF forces. Many Clans, especially those involved with Red Freedom, attacked the forces stationed at Sabulum and eventually forced Omni-Tek to fall back. As a result of this cooperation between the Dust Brigade and the militant Clans, we were unable to quickly capture the Brigade and they still operate freely to this day.
    Point #2 is incorrect. The leader of Red Freedom years ago was former CoT Commander Portman. She did not tell the RF coalition or it's leaders about her association with DB until after a TAG article was published with evidence of her involvement with the terrorist group. She then privately meet with leaders and admitted to it. After that fact my clan under my father's leadership left RF, however not all clans did so...thinking they could use DB against OT for their own benefit. It was suspected that Portman allied with the DB after her husband had been killed by OT.

Point #3 is not quite correct. The Sabulum incident was caused by Omni-AF entering clan territory WITHOUT notifying the CoT as per the Tir Accord agreement which was at that time valid.

At the request of Council of Truth's Commander Pendion, Commander Caid (then in Eternal Warriors Clan) was to head a peaceful envoy intto Sabulum to inspect the town to make sure that the Omni Forces occupying the city were complying with Tir Accords's protocols. My father was asked to join the envoy as well as other Clan Leaders and security escorts (Ailish, Boot, Lyricia, Steelnano, Vacous, Andertec, Aere, Kzak, Uprising, among them) to travel to Perpetual Wastelands Zone for this official request. The trip was uneventful and all participants were prepared for anything, but hoping a peaceful approach would work better than the raids against the same Omni Force two days earlier.

Commander Caid and my father lead the envoy into the city, they walked in with no weapons in hand and with no intentions of initiating hostilities. Commander Caid kept reminding all clan citizens that they were required to hold their fire unless fired upon first, everyone complied and kept weapons with the safety on.

Captain Gaurd Jurik and SC Gestava Drake met the peaceful envoy. The following is the log of this unfortunate event.

Caid shouts: I am Commander Nottoris of the Council of Truth peacekeeping force.
    Gestava shouts: Understood, glad to have you out here, Commander
    Caid shouts: We will setup the outpost in the center of the city, if that is alright?
    Gestava shouts: let's hope this goes quick and painless
    Caid nods
    Gestava shouts: go ahead
    Gestava nods
    Windguard shouts: I'm Commander Windguard of the Alus Alliance, here to support Commander Nottoris, state your rank please Gestava.
    Caid shouts: DO NOT ENGAGE
    Caid: move into the center, and setup there.
    Gestava shouts: I am merely here as a volunteer
    Caid: Remain here... hold your fire.
    Gaurd: Whos the leader here ?
    Vacuos shouts: Peace be to Sabulum, God help her people.
    Caid: I am Captain Gaurd. I am Commander Nottoris.
    Windguard shouts: We'd like to speak with the officer in command of omni forces here.
    Gaurd shouts: i think that would be me until a higher ranking officer arrives
    Caid nods
    Windguard: Very well, we shall deal with you until that time.
    Caid: All forces with me here are ordered to hold their fire.
    Gestava: We are the only OT presence out here at this time
    Gaurd: So, why are you here ?
    Caid: We are here to hold the peace, and to make sure the forces in the area do not violate the Tir Accord..
    Windguard: That would be our question actually.
    Windguard: Omni-Admin stated publicly they had proof that this city was used by Dust Brigade rebels...after all this time, have you found anything to sustain that?
    Andertec: Commander Nottoris, your orders?
    Caid: Please remain here, and hold your fire.
    Gestava: I have not been informed of any findings at this time
    Caid: Has Omni-Admin been informed of the presence of a Clan Peacekeeping force here.
    Gestava: I will do a perimeter sweep
    Caid: Ailish, please setup on the building to the West.
    Ailish: certainly commander
    Windguard whisper: Well apparently they are not going to give us straight answers, as expected.
    Suber: On my way there as well.
    Gaurd: Where is Redruum ?
    Windie: he's not here
    Caid: I don't know. If he causes any problems, well.. no need to worry about that.
    Caid: Some of you please aid Ailish, and start a skim of the city.
    Windie: In truth I've been talking to Redruum
    Kzak: Yes, sir.
    Windie: He wont do anything, he's acting purely as an observer in the area
    Windie: I'll even take responsibility for his actions
    Windguard: Gaurd please contact Omni-Admin and make them aware of the current situation, we request to speak with an omni officer at this time for a proper inspection.
    Gaurd: what would you like to inspect ?
    Gestava: Windguard
    Windie: find anything interesting Gestava?
    Gestava: Are you aware Commander Redruum is out here?
    Gaurd: There have been martial law declared in this city, you do understand that
    Uprising: I think we are all aware of that
    Gestava: I am not happy about this
    Caid: Commander Redruum will not cause any problems.
    Windguard: We want to see if the clan citizens who live here have been mistreated, also we want to inspect all buildings for any unwarranted devices.
    Gestava: He better not
    Gaurd: lets pull away from a few of the guards pls.. they are making a lot of noise
    Gestava: That guy is trouble
    Caid: move to the west building roof.
    Windie: I'll vouch for Redruum Gestava
    Windie: he won't make trouble, not today
    Windguard: Redruum will not make a move,the price for such foolish act would be too high.
    Windguard: Very well, lead on.
    Gaurd: bah.. guards up here too
    Windguard shouts: Please not all follow, make sure the city is in good state
    Windguard: So how do you fit in all this Gaurd?
    Gaurd: well, i was promoted to captain after we took over control in this place
    Windguard: We'd like to know when will you end this so call investigation and what have your findings so far.
    Gaurd: well
    Gaurd: my role here is to strike at any forces that might prove aggressive towards the OT forces stationed here

[Terrabahamut attacks Steelnano at this point, an unprovoked attack]

Caid: What about the omni forces attacking clanners as we speak?
    Gaurd: And several strike teams are ready to assist if they should be needed
    Caid: Terrabahamut attacked one of my forces.
    Gaurd: i hope your intentions are peace as well ?
    Caid: Yes..
    Windguard: Yes, we're peaceful. But lets be direct here, we're both officers and politics is not our field...
    Windguard: You're holding a clan city by force for an investigation which so far has shown no real results...if you have no results of this investigaton...I see no reason for your force to remain here.
    Caid: Are you going to control them?
    Windguard: You are Captain, and I recognize you as the person currently in charge, omni forces are engaging our peaceful envoy, what will you do about this?

[Captain Gaurd Jurik took no action against Terrabahamut, and from this point on he acts as if he could not understand the clear facts we were presenting to him]

Steelnano shouts: u heard him comm orders

[Steelnano's last words are to follow Commander Caid's order to hold their fire, he says this seconds before he dies at hands of an omni, he did the right thing, to the end]

Windguard: One of my people is dead...
    Caid: So we see.... Omni-Tek started it.
    Caid: We did nothing.
    Opiium smiles
    Windguard: We came in peace...
    Caid: I told my men to hold their fire.
    Gaurd: where is that dude...
    Caid: He ran off.
    Opiium: As you can see you're presence is not wanted or needed
    Gaurd: who was it ?
    Bizcuit shouts: agreed
    Caid: As you can see... this is Sabulum. A clan town.
    Opiium: Under our protection
    Caid: Terrabahamut.
    Caid: Protection... no.
    Windguard: I hold you responsible Captain Gaurd.
    Opiium: Your people are not being treated wrongly
    Windguard: Steelnano died, at the hands of an omni in this city, which you're in charge of at this time.
    Caid shouts: We came here to make sure the Tir Accord wasn't being violated.
    Opiium: By whose hands did he die
    Caid shouts: We came here as a peace keeping force under the orders of The Council of Truth.
    Bizcuit shouts: its no longer in effect ... read the news
    Blasphamy shouts: not surprising
    Caid shouts: My forces were told to hold their fire.
    Caid shouts: We were attacked.
    Caid shouts: Captain Gaurd. What do you have to say?
    Blasphamy shouts: thx
    Gaurd: By who's forces ?
    Flamingangel shouts: sube g pls

[Omni Forces start to execute nanoformulas at this time, they're preparing for combat, the envoy does not open fire]

Bizcuit shouts: go fly your plane into a building
    Caid: By Omni-Tek's forces.
    Caid: I have {Terrabahamut} in sights.
    Opiium: The blame is so frequently placed
    Opiium: do you know who fired the first shot?
    Windguard: Terrabahamut is the Omni-Tek employee who murdered one of my people, will you arrest him?
    Caid: Pull back to the west roof.
    Caol: hmm..
    Gaurd shouts: i will look into it
    Windguard: You have a chance to make this right, one.
    Breakyou shouts: i need sub g
    Andertec: attacked

[At this point the envoy is under fire, and clan citizens return fire in self defense]

Windguard shouts: We're under attack!
    Caid shouts: Control your people.
    Bizcuit shouts: oh be quiet
    Flamingangel: west wall
    Noemie shouts: terrabahamut
    Bizcuit shouts: don't attack a guard
    Windie shouts: uprising watch it!
    Windie shouts: Biscuit is after you!..
    Omni Forces overwhelmed the small envoy and slaughtered almost everyone, a few managed to either fight their way outside the city and then retreat back to a safe area or execute an emergency grid out of the city. Neither Captain Gaurd Jurik or SC Gestava Drake took action to stop the attack on the envoy, they watched and acted as if clanners were trespassing on omni territory!

Omni Forces opened fire on a Peaceful Envoy from the Council of Truth, this is a clear violation of the Tir Accord, they shownedno proof to validate their illegal occupation, they used extreme and unnecessary force on clan citizens who were unarmed.

The same day the Alus Alliance along with other clans struck back the the Omni-AF forces, forcing them to withdraw from Sabulum.

After the town was liberated the clans searched for any clues of DB. Local citizens stated that OAF threatened their lives demanding the location of DB and their members...information which they did not have because they had never seen a Masked Commando. Sabulum was one of the very few places (due to it's remote location) that was not attacked by DB. It was also a town with no military value and it was barely populated.

Windguaerd Wagner has some very understandable reasons for saying the things he does. His clan, under his father’s leadership, was associated with both Red Freedom and with the attacks on Omni-Tek forces in Sabulum. That kind of association with the Dust Brigade, even if it was a casual and unintentional one, is a liability that could interfere with Wagner’s political ambitions.
    I think I clarified both situations. My father was more of a politician than a military leader, I'm the opposite. I lean more toward military leadership than politics, it is one of the reasons we have not yet joined the CoT (which is still being considered by my officers).

I have no political ambitions. Politics to me are mostly wasted, considering during the time the Tir Accords were valid Omni-Tek walked over it as if it was worthless. There may be times when politics are a better solution than a military confrontation...but it's not something that Omni-Tek is known for...and if they are not willing to sit down with our side to find a peaceful solution...then don't be surprised when we fight back.

Let me remind you that the Tir Accords was signed because Omni-Tek was weakened and the clans had advanced and were a few miles away from Omni-1. OT was at a disadvantage...and it was the best tactic to have a treaty. It was a wise choice, and it certainly lowered the hostilities between both sides...I wish it was still valid...it wouldn't be 100% respected by any side...but it did help overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    The Clan does not have any useful information regarding this situation and any statements that they make here are purely conjecture and wishful thinking.
    Ahem.

I wouldn't necessarily go around saying things like that. This is from the CoT public gridforum:

COT Meeting - March 26, 29480

Silverstone: Some of you all might remember that a few months back, we went and took out this big-shot Dust Brigade commander. Some of you were actually there when it happened.

Silverstone: Well, I'm sure it's about time for a follow-up. That guy happened to be the foremost commander of the Dust Brigade on Rubi-Ka. We just confirmed that this week.

Silverstone: That's why they haven't been hitting us lately. They've been paralyzed. They're headless and, thus, spineless.

Silverstone: But something else happened this week. The Dust Brigade usually hijacks normal comm traffic for their own messages, but they started using some very old relays that they used when they first got in to business... bombing apartments and whatnot.

Silverstone: We managed to intercept a communication that referred to someone named "The Drake." This person, whose real identity is unknown, seems to have become the Brigade's new acting commander. What does this mean, you ask?

Silverstone: It means we're probably going to see a bit more of the old Dust Brigade sometime soon. But we've managed to determine that they're not going for large-scale, city-wide battles as has been their M.O. for the past couple of years... But probably more like their first few attacks. Swift, precise and undetected until the bomb goes off.

So since we don't have any useful information, disregard this.

Edit: And please note that it was a group consisting of the Council of Truth members and allies that staged the attack with the intelligence provided by Commander Silverstone.
    Last edited by Astera; Apr 3rd, 2006 at 06:10:46.

The discussion whether the Dust Brigade is or was affiliated to the Clans, Omni-Tek or even Neutrals seems rather senseless to me. Trough their actions, they since long proved to be the enemy of all people of Rubi-Ka, regardless faction.

None of the factions have so far been able to eradicate the Dust Brigade and I doubt any will be able to independently do so.

If any of the factions have information on these terrorists, they take a huge responsibility by not sharing this.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    Urmm, guys...anyone see what actually happened to Zora when Maelfus and his cronies came out of the shadows and declared thier true identities? I was trying to track him (if only to see him get out alive) but lost him in the midst of the scramble out of close quarter fighting to a more defensible position. Does anyone know if he made it out alive? injured? or have the Dusters captured him? am so annoyed at myself for getting caught up in the fight for revenge for the last time I danced with the Dusters grr *kicks himself*.
    Zora is a military man, I am sure he has a battle plan for everything. He probably had one of the OT Fixers grid him straight out.

Actually, Zora and some of his remaining guards retreated through the 20K whompah.

And Moontouch, you're right. This confrontation was, in some ways, expected.

Maelfus knew we were onto him. In fact, we have known of this highly placed traitor in Omni-Pol for months now and his acess was subsequently severely, yet subtly, restricted. The management felt that this was the best way for us to force the hand of Maelfus and his few followers. Maelfus was desperate and did exactly what was hoped for, and now they are known. In other words, we now know exactly who we need to hunt down (more information than was ever previously known about this Clan), and when we do, the remnants of the Dust Brigade Clan will fall as well.
    ... its just that.. it seemed too neat...
    Maybe its its a false sense.. maybe its intuition... but the whole thing was abit .. to neat, like a script or act if you wish...
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Quote Originally Posted by Moontouch
    Maybe its its a false sense.. maybe its intuition... but the whole thing was abit .. to neat, like a script or act if you wish...
    Yes, in the old days the Dust Brigade never seemed quite so predictable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12