Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OTPC: Omni-Pol institutes new enforcement initiatives

So, are the Bartenders finally going to get some protection?

I'd hate to have them go on strike. Where would the noobs get their whiskey from?
    Been here since day 2 and still going...

They could do what the rest of us do: get a nice 'Trox friend who can whip up some moonshine for them..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Good on ya, have a cookie. Of course there are certain Omni deptartments that decide things, including their leaders, by majority vote too. Does that make Omni-Tek a democracy too?

Savoy
    Not even close.. There is no one "over me" in the clans that I must answer to. Not even Sir Tristram as you might like to believe. I support him and his own clan. But do not confuse that with him being my "Superior Officer" to put it into terms you might understand.

You are infact the property of a corporation who has a Board of Directors and above that a Direcotor ie.. head hauncho.. Did you vote that person into office.. how about the Board of Directors? Do you have any say-so what-so-ever in the selection of these individuals.. or better yet.. can you even name them?

The Council of Truth is a 100% democratic process down to the last minutes of a meeting. Each member of the Clerical Staff is an individual voted into their position by all of those whom care enough about politics within the clans to attend and cast their votes. When selecting a Representative for any purpose or meeting again this is done through a system of democractic process. You have mentioned that each clan gets 1 vote.. your right.. each Representative to the Council is responsible for representing the majority of that particular Clans views and ideals. Comms systems can be used to verify with that clans members to hold a vote internally and thus cast a single vote based on the outcome of that clans decision. This is not a way to lesson the value of the clans it is in fact a way to protect from a single large clan from being capable of stacking votes. It ensures that each clan regardless of size has equal weight and say-so. There are very strict rules regarding vote stacking and it is not tollerated that much I can assure you.

Furthermore, any clan has the choice and right to join the CoT. There are requirements for the clan to participate in the democratic process ensuring that things are handled in a mature and reasonable mannor. So long as the requirements are met and the member clan follows said rules of the Council they are not held back in any means regardless of their individual views. From Warmongers to Pacifists all have equal weight in such a process.

I should believe that as often as your lips do flap here you might know:

1. A little about your own corporation and government.
    2. At least know a tiny amount about your opposition.
    3. Have enough intelligence to tell the two apart.

Now, even your own peers within Omni-tek do not agree with you. You may go on blinded by the bliss that comes with true ignorance as you con yourself into seeing similarities with the free Women, Men and Atrox of the Clans and Neutrals. But your only fooling yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    You people seem to be confused. Omni-Tek placed Rubi-Ka under martial law on November 26, 29478. That was over 16 months ago. Since that time, Omni-AF has taken command of Omni-Pol and holds juristiction over all law enforcement. In addition to this, all Omni-AF assets on Rubi-Ka were placed under the command of the Unicorn Company.

I guess that was a more "casual" type of martial law?

Anyhow, that was in relation to alien attacks on Rome and Omni-1. It specified only those cities and only OT interests...

Quote Originally Posted by Omni-Admin, OTRK
    Martial law has been imposed for various reasons, not the least of which are the attacks on Omni-Tek interests on Rubi-Ka, as well as other cities coming under siege by the alien threat.....Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka has petitioned Omni-Armed Forces for a batallion of elite troopers to protect both of our major cities: Rome and Omni-1.

---------

Both of these glorious cities have recently been besieged by the alien invaders...Where they have been known in the past as safe havens, free of outside threat, where hostile forces surived not nearly long enough to disrupt operations, they are now apparantly vulnerable to alien infiltration.
    Of course the whole article was vague enough to leave it open to "interpretation."

Mr. Stroud, your beloved leaders put you and your cities under martial law.

Until now that is.

Recent events have made it easier for OT to make (pathetic) excuses in an attempt to tighten their (weak) grip on Rubi Ka. The tighter the grip, the more slip through, and the harder we fight against OT.
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. --Isaac Asimov

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. -- John Barrymore

My recent fortune cookie read: "Courage comes through suffering"
    My question is How courageous am I supposed to get??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123