Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Omni-Pol institutes new enforcement initiatives

Exclamation

After just returning fromEarth on an Archeoloical Survey. I have found a United Nations vault. By no means is UN like CoT they are more like Omni. A little of the case though.

But, seeing Dissent. And, seeing Omni kill more shopkeepers which in fact are Omni Employees are the true dissents. Clanners I have not once seen any of you shoot an Omni Shopkeeper just Omni Employees shooting shopkeepers. And, an Omni Employee killed a Bronto Chef when i was ordering a Bronto Burger.

I rather see a Clanner doing business in an Omni City then an Omni Employee shooting our people providing services.

I welcome Male and Female Watchers to protect Omni Cities. I DEMAND A PEACETREATY WITH CLANNERS FOR FREE TRADE WITH OMNI AND CLANNERS. PROTECTION WITH SENTINALS, WATCHERS, AND VANDUARD, WITH OMNI-POL AND UNICORNS. THAT WAY WE HAVE SAFER CITIES. AND, WE CAN WALK IN EACH OTHER CITIES WITHOUT FEAR. ONCE YOU COMMIT A CRIME WHOEVER COMMITTED THE CRIME HAS FULL JURISDICTION OVER THE MATTER.

If you want to negotiate peace that is how you start let us walk safely in each others streets safely and have both Omni and Clan Security Forces working together. We can have Peace. But, ICC knowing them will not allow it. Since they manipulate and are the "TRUE" TERRORISTS why there has been no peace with Omni nor Clan. ICC, I DECLARE WAR ONM YOU ON BEHALF OF PHILIP ROSS. LONG LIVE OMNI-CLAN COALITION, THE ICC INSURGENTS, THE ICC RESISTANCE, THE ICC FREEDOM FIGHTERS. ICC GET THE HELL OFF OUR PLANET.
    Last edited by KittyTepulus; Apr 1st, 2006 at 01:20:43.
    Royalty by birth. I now discovered my future. ICC Resistance Leader. ICC wants to reclaim Rubi-Ka. And, I am a fighter not a diplomat.

Is someone high on catnip? 80

And thus Rubi-ka descends even further into darkness.

Where has this hate towards Neutrals and ICC come from? They are about the only thing that keeps this planet stable.

It's starting to get a little scary in areas that were once safe to walk in openly. Omni-pol sweeping in an "arresting" neutral citizens. Clanners claiming that Neuts are simply Omni-pawns. Omni attacking Omni, Clanners attacking Clanners.

I suggest everyone just take a deep breath and realize what we are currently heading towards. The darkest of night is quickly approaching. And I greatly fear that the streets will run red before the dawn.

-Collodion

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    The CoT resembles at best something like the old United Nations, back on Earth all those many years ago. Member states of the United Nations would vote on issues, however not every nation taking part of the UN was a democracy, nor could the the UN be mistaken as an Earth government. At worse the CoT could be comapred to a council of feudal lords or a viking moot.

See kiddies? It's better to just have big daddy Zora tell you how to think and live your life. Other wise we might not all agree, and we can't have that.

and if you don't want become a zombie, Reform can fix that nasty little rebelious streak of yours

After the occurances at today's speech, Im not sure what to think, is Omni-Pol corrupted and infiltrated by Dust Brigade now?

Democracy?

How about something comparable to martial law!

"Martial law is instituted most often when it becomes necessary to favor the activity of military authorities and organizations, usually for urgent unforeseen needs... The need to preserve the public order during an emergency is the essential goal of martial law. However, declaration of martial law is also sometimes used by dictatorships, especially military dictatorships, to enforce their rule."

Check gridsites for that information, those aren't my words.
    Martial Law Defined

Director Sergeyich explained, "The objective is quite simple: maintaining order. Omni-Pol has been allowed to become more lax in its methods of handling problems.

freely use force to regain control of situations when it "is deemed as the most viable option" and "needed to suppress or control individuals not responding to warnings, instructions, and conventional methods of direction."
    So essentially an Omni Pol officer can open fire on anybody, anywhere, anytime, and for any reason. All the officer has to say is that the subject didn't comply and that was the only alternative the OP officer had at that moment.

One day on Rubi Ka after OT "tightens control"

Omni Pol: YOU THERE! STOP!!

anybody on Rubi Ka: huh?
    Omni Pol: thinks 'uh huh that's what I thought...I just told him to stop' BLAM!

Moments later the senior officer shows up

Senior OP officer: What happened here?

Omni Pol: I told him to stop...he didn't so I shot him.

Senior OP Officer: Stop doing what?

Omni Pol: Uh...well I just told him to stop...nothing specific really.

Senior OP Officer: Good job, keep up the good work!

Omni Pol: No Problem sir!

Hopefully that wouldn't happen and OP is more disciplined than that, but it could happen when there's a price put on somebody's head.

Who is going to judge the officer? Not CoT or ICC...Omni Tek will judge their own. Does anybody really think that OT will admit that an official of Omni Pol murdered somebody? The most I would even hope for is something like "It was a bad judgement call."
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. --Isaac Asimov

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. -- John Barrymore

My recent fortune cookie read: "Courage comes through suffering"
    My question is How courageous am I supposed to get??

I personally know some of the higher ups in Ommi~Pol, and I highly doubt that they would sanction such activity. Must I remind you that we are at WAR? If I must sacrifice some of my freedoms so that my children wont be permakilled during the night, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjester
    And thus Rubi-ka descends even further into darkness.
    Yep, it looks like it. Nothing beatsd introducing one's own little tyranny when we should all be pulling together to get rid of those pesky aliens..
    Clanners claiming that Neuts are simply Omni-pawns.
    Neuts are ommers who don't want to live under the thumb but they're still ommers..
    Omni attacking Omni, Clanners attacking Clanners.
    And neuts attacking neuts. Lack of guidance, overstuffed on aggression. Nice world we got here..
    And I greatly fear that the streets will run red before the dawn.

-Collodion
    Hmm.. aren't they already?

As for the "maintaining order" and similar verbal feces, when thugs gain power they tend to keep it. The more the thugs oppress(sp?) the rest of the population, the better for those, who control the thugs - they gain power or wealth or both at an ever-increasing rate.
    Any thug like in that imaginary example will be not only tolerated but protected and likely promoted.
    This has occurred again and again, over and over, through time, in all sorts of human settlements. It will happen here, if it hasn't already - as seem likely.
    Of course, the real trick is making the head bully think he's in charge and getting all the ideas himself but usually it's not that hard and there's always a replacement head bully waiting in the wings if the current one makes a fuss.
    Power corrupts..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Zuoxi
    I personally know some of the higher ups in Ommi~Pol, and I highly doubt that they would sanction such activity. Must I remind you that we are at WAR? If I must sacrifice some of my freedoms so that my children wont be permakilled during the night, so be it.
    There was once a powerfull kingdom of some kind that once had a saying "In times of war the law falls silent". They eventually collapsed under the weight of their own corruption and excesses.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

You people seem to be confused. Omni-Tek placed Rubi-Ka under martial law on November 26, 29478. That was over 16 months ago. Since that time, Omni-AF has taken command of Omni-Pol and holds juristiction over all law enforcement. In addition to this, all Omni-AF assets on Rubi-Ka were placed under the command of the Unicorn Company.

Yes, this does mean that many of the citizens "rights" are no longer guaranteed or protected by law, and that the military has the authority to detain any citizen as they see fit in the name of public security. Until this time, law enforcement officials have been extremely reserved in how this authority was used; with this new policy in place they will not be so lenient. There will be severe consequences for terrorists, rebels, criminals, and other dregs of society.

The reason for this is clear. Rubi-Ka is under attack: a horrific Alien assault from beyond the stars, terrorists such as the Dust Brigade and the Legion, cyborgs, rebels, criminals, the list goes on. Omni-Tek, as the colonial government of Rubi-Ka, has a duty to maintain public order and security during these dark times. The unacceptable lawlessness of several individuals attending Zora's public address is proof that a stronger use of police initiative is necessary.

You will be no shooting random people on the street. All officers of both Omni-Pol and Omni-AF are still held accountable for their actions though military tribunal and court martial; the penalties from which will be very severe. Random violence could provoke public outrage, leading to a loss of civil order. This is unacceptable for Omni-Tek.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    You will be no shooting random people on the street. All officers of both Omni-Pol and Omni-AF are still held accountable for their actions though military tribunal and court martial; the penalties from which will be very severe. Random violence could provoke public outrage, leading to a loss of civil order. This is unacceptable for Omni-Tek.
    Hahaha... you have actually begun believing that senseless propaganda, haven't you.. Well, not too surprising, you're in the higher echelons where you've forgotten what it's like at grunt level.
    One day you will wake up to reality and it will be quite a rude awakening, methinks. I almost feel sorry for you but I feel a lot more sorry for the people that gets abused by those "relevant measures" you talk about..
    After all, the thugs will only be given a mock trial and then let loose again without as much as a slap on the wrist. There's tons of precedence for this..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava
    Hahaha... you have actually begun believing that senseless propaganda, haven't you.. Well, not too surprising, you're in the higher echelons where you've forgotten what it's like at grunt level.
    One day you will wake up to reality and it will be quite a rude awakening, methinks. I almost feel sorry for you but I feel a lot more sorry for the people that gets abused by those "relevant measures" you talk about..
    After all, the thugs will only be given a mock trial and then let loose again without as much as a slap on the wrist. There's tons of precedence for this..
    All right, name one.

Mr Jacob Stroud is correct. I want to emphasize that when someone breaks the law, that is their choice, not Omni-Pols. See how free will works? It can be used to one's benefit or to keep hitting your head at prison cell walls.

The corporation has faced criminals before Rubi-Ka and knows exactly how to handle them.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    The corporation has faced criminals before Rubi-Ka and knows exactly how to handle them.
    Yup. They get promoted...

We can agree OT is not a democracy.

My question is in what way, shape or form are the Clans democratic? Do show me please when Silverstone, Sister Elsabet, Tussa, Astera, Lord Galahad or Lady Xaun (funny how many Clan leader like to assume feudal titles) are due for re-election, assuming any of the above was elected in the first place.

Until the the day there is actual proof of Clan democratic credentials and follow the example of Newland City, the Clans can hardly accuse Omni Tek of not being democractic.

Pot, kettle, black and all that.

Savoy
    Excuse me... Did I just read that right? Allow to offer some hard proof to you. When I founded Aethyr Prime I was voted leader by those who created it with me. At present all but 2 remain in my clan [both are still in the clan just no longer playing AO actively]. Over time we had several other clans ally to the Aethyrs adopting our name. When presented with the option to get a city all of the Aethyr Clans voted to merge.

After which time the I started a vote for new leadership. To be honest I was nervous.. I did not know if I would win it.. There are many fine Knights in this family. In the end I was "Voted" into my position by the whole of the combined 3 clans. Now.. I must insist that if your going to use my name as an "Example" be sure to do some home work first. Because you just gave a perfect example of how democratic we are by drawing me into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    The unacceptable lawlessness of several individuals attending Zora's public address is proof that a stronger use of police initiative is necessary.
    I ENTIERLY agree here. The display of some Omni-Tek employees and the address was utterly appaling. In my opinion they should have been delt with there and there, since these policies were already in effect. Hopfully next time they wont be so leaniant on these type of people. They do not deserve to be a part of Omni-Tek if they decide to behave that way.
    Slynthia - 220 - Solitus - Trader - RK1 - Terminal Velocity
    Sidus - 120 - Solitus - Enforcer - RK1 - Terminal Velocity

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

sobeguy: It is the Way of the Trader to laugh in the face of adversity, smile in the face of death, and enjoy the in-flight peanuts when you realize your plane just lost a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun
    Excuse me... Did I just read that right? Allow to offer some hard proof to you. When I founded Aethyr Prime I was voted leader by those who created it with me. At present all but 2 remain in my clan [both are still in the clan just no longer playing AO actively]. Over time we had several other clans ally to the Aethyrs adopting our name. When presented with the option to get a city all of the Aethyr Clans voted to merge.

After which time the I started a vote for new leadership. To be honest I was nervous.. I did not know if I would win it.. There are many fine Knights in this family. In the end I was "Voted" into my position by the whole of the combined 3 clans. Now.. I must insist that if your going to use my name as an "Example" be sure to do some home work first. Because you just gave a perfect example of how democratic we are by drawing me into this.
    Good on ya, have a cookie. Of course there are certain Omni deptartments that decide things, including their leaders, by majority vote too. Does that make Omni-Tek a democracy too?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Good on ya, have a cookie. Of course there are certain Omni deptartments that decide things, including their leaders, by majority vote too. Does that make Omni-Tek a democracy too?

Savoy
    No, as OT-RK is under OT leadership.
    Which OT-RK departments choose their own leadership? I'm sure the OT Board of Directors would like to hear more about this experiment and it's influence on the bottom line..
    We're allowed to make, own and operate small and insignificant busineses, like RUR, besides carrying out our real duties but we're not allowed to let it interfere with our work. Don't confuse that with choosing management.
    Stay with OT-RK and honor your contract, as many of us do, but do open your eyes once in a while.. it makes survival so much easier.

All right, name one.
    Hehe, next time you go to the resident OT library you should check out their collection of history lessons.. millennia after millennia of examples of what Kahava is saying: thug rule imposed to keep law and order turning into thug rule to keep the current people in power...

Given that OT is inherently anti-democratic - it can be nothing else, as it is focused on increasing revenue - it is especially vulnerable to this kind of evolution.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    Hehe, next time you go to the resident OT library you should check out their collection of history lessons.. millennia after millennia of examples of what Kahava is saying: thug rule imposed to keep law and order turning into thug rule to keep the current people in power...
    You are misinformed, but that was to be expected. Only example of thug rule I can find is what happened in Newland city with Loren Warr.

Omni-Tek has evolved much farther in the ways of providing happiness and fulfillment to its employees than anyone else on this planet can dream of with their feudal governing forms.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

You are misinformed, but that was to be expected. Only example of thug rule I can find is what happened in Newland city with Loren Warr.
    Well, maybe you should have someone there with you who can actually read, then..
    As I said, go through the vast amounts of history lessons and even you can find thousands of examples.
    Unless, of course, OT-RK has edited out these passages "for the protection of the pure minds of OT employees" - another trait of non-democratic governing forms.

Those lessons were there when I went to the Academy and they were there later on when my superiors, and other higher-ups, tutored me. You see - I have not always been Clan, that came about when I grew tired of seeing OT-RK top brass enriching themselves while indulging in barbaric pastimes involving OT personnel.
    In fact, doing exactly the opposite of what those both loyal and decent OT officials were trying to teach me..
    Omni-Tek has evolved much farther in the ways of providing happiness and fulfillment to its employees than anyone else on this planet can dream of with their feudal governing forms.
    Haha, I really can't decide if you have an exquisite sense of humour or you really believe that load of Brono droppings..
    I fear the latter, though, it's very rare to find anyone able to climb the corporate ladder without showing their true colour.
    The corporation always had a thing for handing out blinders to the up-and-coming.. those, that didn't provide their own, that is.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast