Thread: Can someone post a guide to armour making

Can someone post a guide to armour making

I know the PPPE is like rocking horse doo doo, but can anyone (whos actually made armour) post a detailed description

The bit I'm mainly interested in is do you need 1 piece of raw material (e.g. patch of bronto hide) for each armour section or will one piece make the lot?

Also is the proactical difference (in terms of armour making) between a patch of bronto hide, and a _small_ oatch of bronto hide?

Thanks
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

I haven't got the PPPE, but from skimming auno.org's database, it would appear that you need one piece of hide for every armor piece you intend to make.

And yes, the description of the piece of hide does have a meaning for which armor part it can be used for. Use Tanning Acid (found in pharmaceutical dept., tradeskill-section) on the piece of hide, and the description will reveal what can be made from the tanned hide.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I have no experience with hard armor, as I STILL dont have a hard armor PPPE :[

Bronto Armor

You combine B.B.I. - Nano Enhanced B-12 Tanning Acid (which you buy from the Chemistry Shop in the Tradeskill section of any store) with any peice of Bronto Hide. This will result in the hide becomming tanned. You then combine Mass Relocating Robot (Shape Soft Armor) with the tanned hide to produce the peice of Bronto Armor. Combining the MRR does not cause it to disappear. You will always have the MRR, and it is reusable. The process uses 100% Chemistry at 4.5x the QL, so QL200 requires 900 Chemistry. It requires the same amount of chemistry for both steps.

Large Patch of Hard Bronto Hide = Bronto Hide Tunic
    Large Patch of Soft Bronto Hide = Bronto Hide Legwear
    Patch of Hard Bronto Hide = Bronto Hide Boots
    Patch of Soft Bronto Hide = Bronto Hide Sleeves
    Small Patch of Hard Bronto Hide = Bronto Hide Hood
    Small Patch of Soft Bronto Hide = Bronto Hide Gloves

Dragon Armor

This is easier, as there is no tanning process. You simply combine the MRR with the Dragon peice. This is probably also done with Chemistry at 4.5x QL. Since they only come in QL100 it would only require 450.

Shard of Living Dragon Skull = Living Dragonskull Circlet
    Chunk of Living Dragon Flesh = Living Dragonflesh Body Armor
    Piece of Living Dragon Wing = Living Dragonwing Arms Armor
    Patch of Living Dragon Skin = Living Dragonskin Legs Armor
    Lump of Living Dragon Marrow = Living Dragonmarrow Feet Armor

It is extremely important that you do not have any piece of dragon armor in your inventory or equipment while doing this! With the exception of the sleeves, the dragon armor is UNIQUE. If you already have a unique item in your inventory, and you make the same unique item, the new item you make will simply vanish and be lost forever.

NOTE: This is changing in 14.5, at which time Dragon Armor will no longer be UNIQUE.
    Last edited by Tarage; Sep 12th, 2002 at 02:55:54.

Thanks Tarage

But where does the Etch a Sketch fit in? Is it only used on hard armour?

The Etch-a-Sketch is only used on hard armor, to determine which part shall be made from the raw material. Try it out yourself, by buying a low-QL sheet of Carbonum plating, buy one of the Etchers, and combine the etcher on the carbonum. Voila, the plating is now cut (sketched?), ready to be MRR'ed.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I assume that the PPPE is used/consumed to make the MRR.
    Is there a minimum ql req for the MRR to make ql200 armor?

Guide to making armor:

Get money and pay someone else to do it.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by Saruzi
    Guide to making armor:

Get money and pay someone else to do it.
    Dont fall down the stairs and hurt yourself really badly now will you

Ok....

I am assuming Carbonum and Notum are the same

Take your peice of Sheet of Curved Carbonum Plating, or Notum Saturated Metaplast Shell, and then use anyone of six HSR - Sketch and Etch devices on it. This step requires Chemistry at 4.5x the QL of the sheet. You then take your new Etched Pattern and use your Mass Relocating Robot (Shape Hard Armor) on it. This step requires Mechanical Engineering at 4.5x the QL of the Etched Pattern. This will result in your completed piece of Carbonum Plate Armor, or Notum Saturated Metaplast Armor.

The QLs do increase for all armor making except Dragon. Expect the QL of the final product to be about 1-3 QLs higher for hard armor, and 2-5 QLs higher for soft armor.

At this time, Notum Metaplast only comes in lowbie QLs. I am not sure what those QLs are, but I am fairly certain they do not go past QL75, or even if they go as high as QL75.
    Last edited by Tarage; Sep 12th, 2002 at 03:00:31.