Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOC: New ASS/Freelance Program Stuff!

I look forward to the new articles that take advantage of the features.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zemkarik
    I look forward to the new articles that take advantage of the features.
    I just sent in an article with images, hopefully an Editor will get to it soon. The last 2 articles took so long to go through the Editor that I had to publish them through AO Universe.

Hot news get cold in a few days, and I don't publish cold news.

Exclamation

Things are getting a bit...well, to be honest ridiculous.

1-2 weeks to get an article published? that is what I've experienced for the past 2 months. Is it just me? does any other freelancer have the same problem?

I've been dying to earn my own reporter's badge and ID which I've wanted since the original ASS was created....but at this rate even writing good articles by the time I have 10 published ones....it will be 2010 and the servers will be offline =P

If there is a shortage of Editors, PLEASE LET US KNOW!

Thanks.

The ASS

At this stage, the ASS having gone through an update to make it more efficient and effective, while this should not affect the turn around time for posting articles, since everyone in the events team receives and email when an article is added, I am afraid there is a slight delay in the submission to the exportation/publication of said articles. However the repeated posting of new articles such as "Conator where are you?" "print my article" and "what do you guys do?" will only slow down the process of publishing your article as our attention is drawn to removing those from the system.

Over the next month, I expect that delay to lessen considerably as we have received a large influx of new ARKs some of which have expressed interesting in following the reporter line of work within the team. Conator, Akelei and I are overseeing the training of said individuals.

I apologise personally for any upset this has caused anyone, Noticiero and anyone else. If you wish to speak with me personally, or Nevarstiyeh in regards to this matter please email Events Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Noticiero
    Things are getting a bit...well, to be honest ridiculous.

1-2 weeks to get an article published? that is what I've experienced for the past 2 months. Is it just me? does any other freelancer have the same problem?

I've been dying to earn my own reporter's badge and ID which I've wanted since the original ASS was created....but at this rate even writing good articles by the time I have 10 published ones....it will be 2010 and the servers will be offline =P

If there is a shortage of Editors, PLEASE LET US KNOW!

Thanks.
    Hehe true, us citizens give the reporters late breaking news, then when it comes out ... its old news that doesn't even matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lornavash
    Over the next month, I expect that delay to lessen considerably as we have received a large influx of new ARKs some of which have expressed interesting in following the reporter line of work within the team. Conator, Akelei and I are overseeing the training of said individuals.

But yay bump getting fresh new blood in there
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Ass 2.1.1

The ASS has been updated to 2.1.1. Nothing major, mainly some back office updates and automation improvements.

One thing you will note though is that the sign-up confirmation e-mail message is actually informative and useful now.
    Director Nevarstiyeh
    Events Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Contact the Events Department: events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

Okey, now:

In the ASS, I was looking for a place to contact the crew behind the system.
    There is no 'contact us' or something, and that is quite sad.

Another irritating thing is the fact that you cannot see what images are uploaded on your article once it is submitted/edited/validated/approved/published. A little link to the added images just above the 'Comments' spot would be handy.

Hmmm, and then there is also that problem with 'All my articles'. You can only display all your articles of each month, and not of each year or so. Could there be a 'Show All articles', but then really 'all' articles and not those of every month.

Tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by SelmXz
    Okey, now:

In the ASS, I was looking for a place to contact the crew behind the system.
    There is no 'contact us' or something, and that is quite sad.

Another irritating thing is the fact that you cannot see what images are uploaded on your article once it is submitted/edited/validated/approved/published. A little link to the added images just above the 'Comments' spot would be handy.

Hmmm, and then there is also that problem with 'All my articles'. You can only display all your articles of each month, and not of each year or so. Could there be a 'Show All articles', but then really 'all' articles and not those of every month.

Tyvm
    Contact the Events Department: events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com (they won't answer you any other way).

You got a point on the image, but I think it's a minor issue, you should know what you uploaded to begin with =P

On the 'show all' point...well, I can't disagree. Maybe they could add that on the next version.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12