Thread: Original Subscriber Hanging Up The Nano

Unhappy Original Subscriber Hanging Up The Nano

Hello everyone, just wanted to make my farewell speech on this forum. My actual name is Kronikd, RK #1. Ive been a subscriber of AO since day one. I have also been using the same character since day one. If there are any other subscribers/characters still around from day one, you have my sincere congradulations. If I am the last subscriber/character from day one - then I can actually feel like I accomplished something out of this game.

Anyways, good luck to all who are brave enough to play with the hope of fulfillment. I would give you the reasons why I cancelled, but you all heard it before a thousand times. Now is a good time for me since it is the end of my "six month recurring" bill.

For all the "newbies" out there, I can tell you that at the beginning, this game was different. We all had hope. The game actually did something to us. It was a strange feeling that is not around anymore. It is weird starting a game knowing that your heading into unknown territory. What scary looking NPC do I get to kill next? What level can I start using this item? How do I level my character, knowing that thousands behind me will be using me as an example? What weapon should I grab now? Where do I go? What do I do? Believe me, there was nothing at all that was repetitive in the beginning.

- I remember spending my first week in Rome (Yes, Rome was actually THE spot to be in at the beginning. Now its a ghost town.) There would be thirty or so others waiting at the bridge to go hunting. "Oh my god, what is that??? Oh no its a minibull....run!" LOL

- Back in the day, almost every soldier dual wielded the Freedom Arms. I still remember that huge debate back then. I was one of the very few soldiers at that time that was strongly against using two pistals. First of all it looks kind of wimpy for a soldier, and second it was only a matter of time till FC changed that. Well, I ended up winning that heated argument. To everyone that went nuts over me in that debate, I say HAHA!

- The funnest time Ive ever had in this game was seeing a clanner and PvPing for the first time. No one had vehicles back then, so travel around the planet was somewhat limited. Because of it, OT and clans were pretty much seperated doing their own thing. Seeing a clanner for the first time was such a HUGE adrenaline rush. I remember spending that whole entire Saturday in that 25% with all the other OTs shooting everything in sight. I zoned to 4 Holes for the first time, and came up in front of about 30 or so other Omnis waiting for more clans to come through. Back then the soldiers had the biggest advantage above all, as their FA and burst took off a rediculous amount of damage. It was easy to kill with just FA alone. I felt bad for the victims of course (I even apologized), but at the same time I felt important and powerful. I felt like I was actually helping out Omni, and making a difference. It was actually fun too because it was the first and last time you didnt have to be uber to win in PvP. The innocence of it all was appealing.

- When the repetitiveness really started kicking in, I joined The Black Hand. The biggest reason why I joined was because it was impossible to level at the higher levels if you were not in an organization. The other reason was because I met a lot of good friends in that faction. We were all one big happy family, and had a lot of fun. I always looked to them when I got bored out of my mind (which was like every day).

Well its getting late so I need to cut the speech short. I want to say bye to everyone I met on here. There was a lot of good and cool people, and I made quite a few friends on here. Unfortunately, Im the only one left....I watched most of my friends cancel one by one. I even still have the equipment of like four of them in my bank. I didnt have the heart to trade it away. Maybe now since I am leaving, I will log back in one more time and trade it all away to one lucky random person. Farewell to all I knew and all that I dont know.....

Account status Open until 2002-08-31
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled
    Buddy subscriptions 0
    Buddies in tryout period 0

Personal Information
    Username kronikd

/salute

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Well, my hats off to the one farewell speech in the past couple of days that didn't spontaneously self-combust.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Thanks for the memories

I remeber at around level 15, Rederon gathered around 50 clanners and we all ran from newland to MMD to chase omni out, that was my first sight of a omni scum :P

And yes, it was so much better when you had a random chance of winning rather then meeting up with a level 15 noob twinked to level 100 equipment!

I played omni in beta, and loved Rome btw I just always thought it was under populated.

PS; your not the last last subscriber/character from day one, I still know a few including myself

Save that equipment and don't delete your character. Take a break. You can always resubscribe later. Just because you stop playing doesn't mean you can never play again.