Thread: ((Log from the Roleplayer/Events Team Meeting the 25'th march))

((Log from the Roleplayer/Events Team Meeting the 25'th march))

((Here is the log as promised...its long, but I tried to edit as much spam out as possible to narrow it down a bit))

Lornavash: Right, people.
    Lornavash: I want to thank you all for coming today, before we begin, I'm sure some of you know who we are, but for the record, I'm going to run through the people here.
    Trgeorge: won't that be painfull?
    Nevarstiyeh: Slightly but we'll shake it off.
    Devdas: if you havent noticed there is no intercharacter collision check in ao
    Eigen: smiles and leans on the table 'afternoon!'
    Lornavash: Right. To my left you have Akelei, he's the training Co-ordinator for the events team.
    Lornavash: To my right, The lass with the pads is Conator, controller of our Article Submission System.
    Ragunn: ...didn't bots eat your clothes...?
    Conator: Aye! I control the ASS!
    Lornavash: Next to him is Director Nevarstiyeh, don't mind him, he's just there to prop up the ceiling
    Nevarstiyeh: Giggity.
    Lornavash: and behind me is Dernial, Production Guardian and general jack of all trades for the events team.
    Lornavash: and the taller, less handsome version of me behind me is Devdas, The Storyline Co-ordinator for the events team.
    Lornavash: Right, the layout of todays meeting will be as thus.
    Lornavash: 1. Questions from the Events Team to the players.
    Lornavash: 2. Questions from the Players to the Events Team
    Lornavash: 3. Any other business
    Lornavash: Right, so without further adeau lets get right up on in there with our questions for you.
    Lornavash: But before I do that, just a recommendation at any time if you have a question or a comment to make, please direct it to Dernial in a /tell and once I have finished then we will have a brief question round after each element
    Lornavash: There will be a test at the end, if you don't pass I'm afraid you will be staying here.
    Lornavash: Anywho, questions.
    Lornavash: Right, over the past three months between the two player meetings there has been several enhancements integrated into the world of Rubi-Ka, from the revitalisation of the greenies, to several other projects which will be coming into play very soon. But. What I'm more interested in is the events that have played out over the past three months.
    Lornavash: The Question I pose to you is that over the past three months has the balance been maintained between combat and RP/thoughtprocess related events.
    Lornavash: and, over time would you like to see it change, and in what way.
    Jolos: I havn't been able to witness or partisipate in these events. It seems i always miss these random ocurances
    Lornavash: With the increases that we're making in the events team over time, we're planning to get as many people into as many times zones as possible, spanning GMT, EST, Central to all over the world.
    Twistshot: I agree and other than being at one of these random events there seems to be no way to get involved in any RP/Story events
    Nyadach: events like the prison break are good, but was short lived what with the death etc...any chance of more drawn out things like the good old diamondcut/xzique days?
    Lornavash: Can I make sure that if you have a question, you are directing it to Dernial so that we can do this in a moderated format
    Lornavash: If you have a comment to make, please just do a ! in the channel and I'll allow you to make that comment as soon as possible.
    Dernial: Arjen please go ahead with your question
    Arjen: my concern is getting the word out, seems loads of us miss the events for lack of knowing about it
    Chimx: I agree, certainly experiencing an event and reading about it are two different things
    Lornavash: Understandable, but in terms of events, most are intent on being need to know basis ie, we would inform people affiliated/associated with Omni-Pol if there was to be a patrol, but we won't be informing an org that was called 'OMGLOL' for example.
    Lornavash: During these sorts of events, we do try to get the message out via players, from area broadcasts such as these
    Lornavash: To simple word of mouth via players.
    Lornavash: As time increases, and we get more and more people doing more and more timezones, events'll be happening around you more and more and thus you'll hear about them more and more.
    Lornavash: Before I switch to comments on this, I'd like to hand over to Nevarstiyeh.
    Nevarstiyeh: Okay
    Nevarstiyeh: I just want to clarify some things about events and notification of them.
    Nevarstiyeh: I understand there are a LOT of time zones to cover and I know we are missing some of them.
    Nevarstiyeh: Believe me, that's not what I want.
    Nevarstiyeh: I've been working with ARK Management and Funcom to try to expand our operational capacity so we can be better staffed to handle the number of time zones out there. That way we can increase the amount of activity you see.
    Nevarstiyeh: In terms of notifying people and orgs of events... as Vash basically said, that really depends on what exactly is going on.
    Nevarstiyeh: Some events are announced through the various faction meetings... Newland Council, OAM, CoT.
    Nevarstiyeh: Others may involve a Sentinel approaching you and informing you that they need your help with something, so go gather your buddies.
    Sirnegs: Since when was Newland Council to represent all neutrals?!?!
    Nevarstiyeh: But then there are still those events that are run with no forewarning, since not all events will have prior notification.
    Nevarstiyeh: We like keeping you on your toes sometimes, anyhow. *g*
    Lornavash: First comment, GA Jasper2002
    Jasper2002: Is there any chance of seeing a full 24hour, or 48 hour event running, so that all timezones can be involved, and more than once? I think that it is time for a sustained initiative, one way or the other, something for lots of people to be involved in, regardless of their initial RP initiative. It would hopefully bring more RP to this RPG word of ours
    Jasper2002: done
    Lornavash: It's something that has been considered, shifting out certain parts of the event itself, its something that has had thought put to it Conator here for example has once run an eight hour event. While it would be a first, it would not be impossible we'd just need a good reason and significant planning behind it to do such a thing.
    Jasper2002: I have a few ideas that I will forward to the events teams
    Lornavash: Okay and done and next comment...Twistshot.
    Twistshot: actually Xaun was next
    Lornavash: Very well GA Xaun.
    Last edited by Nuser_; Mar 26th, 2006 at 02:24:25.

Xaun: I was curious about the connection between major RP events and even minor ones to the RP participation form which I signed in my account details
    Nevarstiyeh: Well, in regard to the events signup...
    Nevarstiyeh: It's basically you emphasizing the fact that you are looking to be actively involved in more significant, and sometimes dangerous, roleplaying scenarios.
    Nevarstiyeh: What it is _not_ is a system to opt in or out of events and roleplay in general.
    Xaun: is there any initiatives to directly involve those whom signed such forms in major or monor storylines or just a general count?
    Nevarstiyeh: What it allows are some more advanced forms of interaction. For example, on Rimor there was a player who was leading a Clan claiming to be allied with the Dust Brigade.
    Nevarstiyeh: She was signed up for the events participation, and she found herself in a sealed up room surrounded by a bunch of Masked Commandos interrogating her for about 45 minutes. *g*
    Nevarstiyeh: So yes, it does allow you to get more involved with some of the more core storyline elements.
    Xaun: can we expect to see such event dramatization here on atlantean as well?
    Nevarstiyeh: Absolutely.
    Xaun: =) that will be all thank you
    Nevarstiyeh: There is a lot in the pipeline.
    Nevarstiyeh: You'll see. *g*
    Lornavash: Twist, you're up next.
    Twistshot: Well I was thinking about one of the recent RP events involving the Nanomage legion and it drove a point home for me. Once and event is underway and unless you lucked onto it there seems to be no way to get involved in something
    Twistshot: I was one of the charecters at the CoT meeting when one of them visited and that was abotu all my interaction on that story line, even after sending in a IC email to the events feedback trying to get in on it because it was how my charecter would have reacted
    Jolos: glances over at Nuser and checks out her large........axes
    Nevarstiyeh: That's not always entirely accurate. In the case of the legionaries, it may hold some truth simply because of the strike tactics they use. They're precise, they have a purpose to everything they do and one thing they do _not_ do is idle. They get in, do what they need to, and get out as quickly as possible as I'm sure many of you have seen.
    Nevarstiyeh: So in that respect, yes, if you're not right there at the beginning, you might not be able to get in on time.
    Twistshot: what im refering to is the dead kids, i was trying to get in on the investigation of that.
    Nevarstiyeh: However a lot of other events easily accomodate getting involved during and after the fact.
    Lornavash: Next up Kaelas, Just as a note to everyone, we're proceeding through the comments, then to the questions.
    Kaelas: Ok, i have a few comments, want me to put them seperated by topic? 4 total.
    Lornavash: Convey them in whatever way you see fit dear sir.
    Kaelas: Comment 1: I think there needs to me more RP/TP events balance wise. Maybe allowing people to actually make RP oriented characters that arn't good in combat, with an xp reward so they can advance as well. In relation to Arjen's concern, i woudln't mind clues being scattered around, and getting some reward for rping. Maybe getting more of the froobs/etc to start RPing. Maybe clues when found ask questions on in character material for these rewards or something of the sort.
    Kaelas: Comment 2: Getting into RP can be hard for orgs. Clans and CoT for instance, what if an org wanted to work with Eco warriors and not join the council. There isn't a clear cut way of doing this yet. And players say having a character in RLA, which wants to go with New Dawn and be a defensive mainly org. If one character wants to affiliate themselves with sentinals to get RP jobs so to speak with them while in the org, once again, no clear way of doing that.
    Kaelas: Comment 3: Sort of on 2, but Individuals, like my shade who wanted to get events, but there's no Jobe org so to speak, I had to have her join clan and apply to Assembly just to get her in events. Whereas she was suppost to be neutral forever jobe baby not even joining a side in SL. But things like that have no current availability. Maybe in the neutral realm, a sort of jobe ish faction for Shadowlands events. of course if this happened i would remake that character in a heartbeat heh.
    Kaelas: Comment 4: I know its hard to get allot of people into events. But maybe a Team of players could be assembled to do events. Maybe reintroducing the Create Mission system. So players can take a good item for a character class. RP out needing help, and give out the mission to a few newbies for hte first person to complete it. Maybe even expanding it so certain mobs can be needed to be killed. Or even applying for a first and last name to get people to be ready for RP.
    Kaelas: done
    Nevarstiyeh: Woah.
    Kaelas: takes a deep breath
    Kaelas: dies of lack of O2
    Nevarstiyeh: Someone get Kaelas a glass of water.
    Nevarstiyeh: Or Aquavit.
    Twistshot: offers Kaelas something
    Lornavash: Right, i'll cover the points one at a time for you.
    Kaelas: (hey, i started when the game came out, i have opinions, lots of them)
    Lornavash: Point One: In most events, there are clues scattered about, they're hard to find but once spotted are easy, the clues won't be handed to you on a silver platter, and there will be people to ask for these sorts of things.
    Lornavash: as part of my job as dimension co-ordinator is to maintain the balance between the dimensions and ensure we are pleasing the mass populus as much as we possibly can.
    Kaelas: Note: (i was more meaning for advancing through clues of geting some sort of reward to encourage rp from no rpers.)
    Lornavash: You mean like rewards in terms of tokens and credits? We're already engaged in doing somesuch things and have been so for months now. Possibly even years.
    Kaelas: (ah)
    Nevarstiyeh: We try to refrain from always (or even frequently) giving out rewards, we don't want to turn events in general into lewt-fests.
    Nevarstiyeh: So really rewards are given out only when its relevant to the situation at hand.
    Kaelas: ((how about RP points that can be spent liek veteran points for unique stuff for your character? for event participation depending on quality or someting?)
    Jasper2002: Sorry for the intrusion, but not intended as lewt, just a reason to be, we gain XP/SK/AXP to raise our awareness of the environment, how is an RP event any different
    Nevarstiyeh: That's not something we've never actually considered, Kaelas, though it's an interesting idea.
    Lornavash: Comment 2, In terms of getting associated with relevant sections of the clans, in order to be involved in those sorts of events 1. Make sure that you've let the relevant leader know, Ie Alan Jacobi and two, fire off an email to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com and let us know of your association as well.
    Sirnegs: ((that would make a great disparagy to those RP'ers who want to participate butcannot because of timezones and when you run events. People who do RP but are not one your staff's timezone will now be excluded Two fold))

Lornavash: Again, we are working at our best pace possible to get as many people involved in as many events as possible by spreading them out over varied times, at this time we have tried previously to consider some sort of roleplaying rewards outside of that of the game norm, and depending on circumstances we can consider different items for rewards for people, depending on their involvement.
    Lornavash: I hope that in the future as our department increases, we can slowly get more and more people in on these events, but I assure you at this time we are doing the best we can.
    Lornavash: As for comment three, you don't neccessarily have to be involved in an org to be involved in events. Just be around, be in popular places, Borealis, Rome Red, Old Athens, things happen there *all* the time. Being in an org will increase the chances of someone seeing them andgoing "Hey, get to borealis!" but it won't make them dissappear if you're not in an org.
    Kaelas: what about jobe borns that don't wanna leave SL though that want to work for jobe?
    Lornavash: While I'm restricted as to what I can say, there is something kicking off in April that will see a spike in Jobe/SL Events, if you're there, even if you're not, you'll definately hear about it and feel the repurcussions
    Nevarstiyeh: rubs his paws together menacingly.
    Lornavash: Players aren't restricted to not doing events, agreed you may not have the ability to swarm the room with aliens or have Simon Silverstone dance around in a tutu (within roleplaying reasons) but still using elements like Channel42 for example or the Atlantean Buzz you can get the word out for player controlled/operated events.
    Nevarstiyeh: Not the tutu incident again.
    Jolos: What is Channel42?
    Lornavash: take for example a few months ago the tech conference by in Reet Retreat, I believe it was run by RUR.
    Kaelas: use /tell Channel42 !guest
    Xaun: the channel to the question.. what is the meaning of life? Channel 42 (role play channel)
    Hygeidon: smiles at the thought of the COSBot launch
    Lornavash: Alternativel, I'm totally blowing my own trumpet here on this, but if you believe you want to help out increasing player events in whatever way you can along the lines of the Events team then sign up: http://ark.funcom.com/Public/
    Lornavash: and done on that, Nuser you're up next.
    Nuser: first of all I think you guys are doing an amazing job. I haven't seen so much RP activity as I have the last 6 months or so
    Lornavash: Thank you Nuser
    Nuser: as for events you actually does manage to both capture role players as power players
    Nuser: the recent attack of the legionarries actually managed to open the eyes of some hard core players....they might have "ganked" the legionarries in hope of phats
    Nuser: I spoke to some of those attacking the mages in old athens
    Lornavash: We're trying our best to open people's eyes to the fact this is an mmo *RPG*, it takes time, but it's working.
    Nuser: and they were actually looking forward to read the IRRK news concerning that same event
    Xeenah: nods vigorously
    Lornavash: Thank you for your feedback there Nuser one of the things we've aimed for over time is to get as many people involved in as possible, I know it's not perfect and it's impossible to reach everyone at once, but we've got some pretty mean things in the pipeline and if you think the Legion were bad, wait til April.
    Nuser: and i think you even convinced some of them to give RP a chance...
    Nuser: done
    Lornavash: Liquidbass, you're up next.
    Liquidbass: Cool.
    Liquidbass: Well, I was just wondering if it was possible to make some kind of channel to announce events on?
    Xaun: I think he means a realtime news system
    Liquidbass: Yeah.
    Chimx: Like an alert of some kind I suppose?
    Liquidbass: Yep
    Twistshot: Like tower alerts?
    Lornavash: This was covered in a previous meeting about a realtime news system, there are alerts put out in related playfields when say a combat event takes place, but it'd be stupid for us to put out a warning that a woman has lost her dog across all clan territories.
    Liquidbass: More like IRRK announcements
    Chimx: maybe battled related ones can be announced?
    Liquidbass: But some people might do stuff in their org cities or such when an event happens
    Lornavash: It's done, but on a restricted basis, usually around alien attacks and battle related events that take place.
    Jeva: Why not have someone go on Channel42 and go "omg omg we're being attacked"
    Liquidbass: Not everyone finds it exciting to camp borealis for events
    Liquidbass: Not everyone knows about channel42.
    Boltgun: OOC ? Saw that.
    Liquidbass: I know a lot of people who would like to participate in roleplaying events
    Lornavash: Exactly what Jeva said, what we're trying to do here is create realism to this world, nothing in the real world comes to you so why should it here? No events unless you haul ass will be handed to you in a silver platter, you have to see the signs of them coming and be there.
    Lornavash: Some you may find in crossing, some you may have land on you, look for green skies during alien attacks for example, theres clues abundle.
    Nevarstiyeh: One other thing on this topic...
    Nevarstiyeh: From time to time we have had characters hop on the Leaders channels to request assistance with whatever issue came up.
    Nevarstiyeh: Like I said earlier, there are some instances where players will get some forewarning about an event.
    Liquidbass: Very few people has access to that channel though
    Nevarstiyeh: But that's only if its reasonably expected within the context of that event.
    Nevarstiyeh: If it is something that needs to be alerted, we'll do so in a way that fits the event.
    Nevarstiyeh: But having an announcement system for events in general would really contradict the nature of many of the things we run.
    Nevarstiyeh: And honestly it would end up being somewhat counterproductive due to the type of response it would cause.
    Lornavash: Chimx, you're up.
    Liquidbass: Maybe it could only be visible to people who had signed up for that events thing on the account page?
    Liquidbass: Oh.
    Lornavash: Just to close off that question Liquid, the events signup is for extreme events only, like kidnappings, pillagings, disembodiment that sort of thing, it doesn't cover general roleplaying events.
    Liquidbass: I know

Lornavash: After Amelius' comment we'll whisk through the questions that Dernial has for now and move back on track.
    Chimx: I'm sorry, was it my turn?
    Lornavash: Yes, twas my friend
    Chimx: Alright, Are there going to be as many opportunities for independent roleplayers to RP with the event staff, comparatively speaking to say an RP org? It seems that events are more geared to RP orgs, and many independents seemed to be left out.
    Lornavash: RP orgs do make themselves known easier yes, because they're there in number, but if you want in on a particular type of event, say Omni-Pol or Sentinel related or whatever then send us an email at events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com and if there comes a time when we run such an event, and as Rlet from Omni-Pol would know we have done in the past, then you'll be involved in them.
    Chimx: ok, thanks.
    Lornavash: Long Term Characters, another thing that brings events to the world of Rubi-Ka, they're greenies, like say Mwiljin or Bahirae or Toog for example are mean to be normal people, you'll see them walking around from time to time (If you see Mwiljin walking around, I'd be worried.) ask them, talk to them, maybe they'll send you on a quest with a reward or get you involved in something dangerous, you never know until you ask.
    Lornavash: Hygeidon go ahead.
    Hygeidon: The prison break event was advertised with too little notice
    Hygeidon: Why can you not make the "clues" easier to find? As I have never seen one
    Twistshot: you forgot Amelius
    Lornavash: All due respect, you'd like us to put out news that a prison break event is happening in advance?
    Devdas: probably 'cause the prisoners didn't want to inform the guards beforer there escape
    Boltgun: It was a very fast event. longer ones allow more chances
    Lornavash: I've got Amelius' down as the last comment befoer we move to questions.
    Twistshot: Ahh my bad.
    Lornavash: The Event was meant to be fast, Prison breaks aren't like a game of chess. Find me a Prison break that runs at the speed of a snared leet and I'll guarantee you no prisoners escaped.
    Hygeidon: Can you address my main point please.
    Jolos: i suspect most of the "clues" come from NPCs that are out in the wild of Rubi-Ka. But that problem is no one just wanders the wilds of rubi-ka. they either take the whompas where they want to go or fly in their yalm. or they are in SL
    Lornavash: You need to take the time to look for clues, prison breaks are a hard one since people don't tend to broadcast the fact they're going to break someone out of prison.
    Lornavash: If the clues were obvious, the events would be too simple and boring.
    Lornavash: One off events are something that we run frequently yes, but continuing events are something being run all the time and I hope to bring in more and more over time, once that people can pick up on at any stage.
    Lornavash: Come April, Rubi-Ka is going to change in ways like you've never seen before, there's going to be events in which we're going to leave you to solve the problems, gather the obvious and not so obvious clues and come to a conclusion that you submit to us.
    Lornavash: and enough on that before I spill to many classified beans and get my ass fired. Amelius, you're up.
    Amelius: on behalf of Omni-Pol General Staff, we would like to thank the events team, and the RP community at large for the great initiatives we have seen recently
    Nevarstiyeh: puts on his Donald Trump hair piece and prepares to fire Vash.
    Akelei: sets Nevars hair on fire.
    Lornavash: The Initiatives that have been granted to the players are increasing, as we work as a team, both between us at ARK and Funcom, and you as players we can work together to bring a different way of progressing through the world of Rubi-Ka.
    Lornavash: I mean that's whats wanted isn't it, as I've always said, anyone can reach SCL 220, but can anyone join up and get in on an Omni-Pol event and patrol the streets asking for ID and firing on clanners or vice versa? No.
    Ragunn: ...SCL. Whoo...
    Psychogirl: thinks or be framed for a murder as she grins at Amelius
    Lornavash: This is your world people, these are your opportunities, get involved, make yourself known to us during events and through events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com
    Lornavash: Underneath these thick scary hides we're players too, at the end of the day you're here to have fun, we're not psychic, while Akelei claims to be you have to make yourself known to us so we can get you involved.
    Akelei: "Claims" It's the truth. I swear.
    Nevarstiyeh: Silence, lout.
    Nevarstiyeh: *kicks Akelei*
    Akelei: .. Foo'
    Dernial: Ragunn has a question I believe
    Ragunn: Mh? No, I had a comment.
    Lornavash: Either way, shout it out
    Ragunn: Sure.
    Ragunn: Brace yourselves, these might be longish...
    Liquidbass: Eek
    Ragunn: We've talked in Assembly about there being a bit too much weight on combat for our tastes. This is often because the type of adversaries we're being given have ridiculous amounts of HP and hit like a freight train on steroids. Let's take the recent Legionnaire events in major cities - amagadd! Another was during the Notum Dust event in Tir. 220s went splat left and right and some had trouble landing nanos, perks and even attacking them. I understand the need to have something that makes the event last and that you don't have unlimited personnel resources to pull... but it's not exactly encouraging to some those who do make it there. I do know a few who enjoy these.
    Ragunn: On that note, I LOVE longer storylines. The Notum Dust event was very good all-round, as you managed to really give the fighters something to chew on and us less combat-orientated ones a hell of an alley run... but I also love those little 45 minute interrogation scenes. Simple = <3, sometimes. Little every day talks with people can serve to put the conflict into perspective - although that is a responsibility between players themselves, the ARKs can really help ****e it up. It smacks of "authencity", if you catch my drift.
    Ragunn: Another thing I'd like to comment on is events taking a funny turn. Funny events as such are good sometimes (goodness know leets and reets and such are darn hilarious already)... but making an alien raid end with Chook Noobis sort of deflates the event. I'll admit it was entertaining, though, but... (besides, MacGuyver > Chuck Norris)
    Ragunn: Whether or not there's been enough events during the past six months... I remember being positively swamped with events, and am glad that there are breathers sometimes. All in all, wow. Great job! Done.
    Ragunn: ~Only advies can outspeak crats! Nerf advy!~
    Liquidbass: MacGuyver is NOT > Chuck Norris.
    Conator: Yes he is!
    Liquidbass: Noooo hes not!
    Alurinica: Yeah... Chuck norris is FAR older.
    Liquidbass: And far cooler.
    Nevarstiyeh: Okay, in regard to combat...
    Nevarstiyeh: One of the things I've been doing is trying to pursue both elements of roleplay. The side of things that involves and is centralized around conflict and combat, and the other side which is pure social in nature.
    Nevarstiyeh: The reason for this is because the player population will never agree on which one they prefer, and that's fine. Some like one, some like the other. We've seen this from the past several meetings we've done.
    Nevarstiyeh: So occassionally you may see one side of things be more prevalent due to the stage of the story it is in.
    Nevarstiyeh: Obviously that will not _always_ be the case. So yes, you may have seen an increase in combatant activity in the past week or two, but that is a result of what's going on with the Legionaries and their enemies.
    Nevarstiyeh: Also one quick note for everyone
    Nevarstiyeh: If at any point you need to leave, please let one of us know in a tell message
    Nevarstiyeh: We will send you back to the location we pulled you from.
    Nevarstiyeh: No need to commit seppuku. Or terminate.
    Slynthia: awww
    Ragunn: Come on, if I killed him, I got points...
    Lornavash: At the end of the day, our job is to make you, the players, the heroes, the increase in combat was retaliation only, they were that powerful because they were doing it as retaliation and were designed to cut through an unprepared population like a hot knife through butter. We've got significant amounts of long storylines in the pipeline that we're planning on and will make people known in due course,
    Alurinica: what if Seppuku is more appropriate?
    Twistshot: But i like gutsy people
    Lornavash: In terms of the funny turns on events, there is a large playerbase to appeal to, It's generally to bring some entertainment to Alien Raids and various events trying to avoid filling the channels with "Omgz t3h lag, it suxx0rs."
    Twistshot: But it dose suzz0rs
    Lornavash: To appeal to everyone at once, while a bold statement, is impossible, the playerbase on Rubi-Ka is so wide that you'd have to be doing a hundred things at once to make sure everyone was included.
    Liquidbass: Right
    Lornavash: So we try to involve as many ways as possible into one event. Agreed Alien raids are combat related and if you're standing there in your miir suit holding an XX Plumbo can you are going to die.
    Sirnegs: it rp though .. some don't want to be hero's
    Nickoric: Thats why we need a Screaming skill
    Lornavash: That's why we try to mix as much Combat and Roleplaying as we can, it spikes and dips on both sides from time to time to allow certain elements to take place, but at the end of the day we want you involved.
    Lornavash: Right, Dernial, next question.
    Dernial: Jasper2002 is next
    Lornavash: At this time, we're moving through the questions since we're taking too long on this topic, we'll be shifting back onto the questions for you and then come back to the player questions to us in the second section

Lornavash: GA Jasper2002
    Jasper2002: That was some time ago, I have moved on from there, please move to the next question
    Dernial: Xeenah is next
    Xeenah: I'll be brief. It's been mentioned that some timezones are harder to cover. Which ones are they not covered (or partially covered) by ARKs?
    Lornavash: Around the GMT+5 to GMT +9 Marker. The Events team tend to BE Central time all the way across to European and United States.
    Devdas: there are 26-28 timezones we have members from 4-7 different zones
    Lornavash: we're balancing what we can, and the european producers we have can cover Austrailian Events, so we've got everything covered, but sparcely.
    Lornavash: Plus Nevarstiyeh and I never sleep, so it's essentially under a hat. But it's a case of getting more people spanned over more areas to get more people involved.
    Lornavash: Next question?
    Dernial: next is Katralina
    Katralina: the prison break was fun but to short lived to to the mob being killed so quickly, any way of making the mob harder for theese?
    Lornavash: We could, but it died against an SCL 220 Nanotech. We could do it the point that they were invulnerable, but if they were invulnerable would they have left the prison via the door?
    Chimx: Negs you want the honors of lopping Jolos off?
    Lornavash: We add the element of realism, albeit uncertainly to the events to allow them to be shaped at the beginning, middle and even end by you. While I don't recommend you haphazardly trying to change events, see what you can poke though.
    Katralina: thats the one thing I see is non rpers messing up the storylines
    Chimx: if not I can fry it, freeze it, or burn it
    Lornavash: That's a fair point, which is why you need to look for the clues, which allow you to get involved. The more obvious we make the clues, the more the nonrpers could get in there and kill what you're working to save.
    Dernial: Nyadach is next
    Nyadach: Way back when, long complex events used to take place with chars like Diamondcut, Xzique etc, with bits spread over most time zones, and all of RK...like dave would show up in Rompa, Reets, and Clan areas when he felt, drop off mixed clues, lies, and go...anything more like that due?
    Nyadach: used to be nice as it meant people only learned so much, we had to fish hard for the full deal etc.
    Lornavash: Diamondcut, Xzique were LTCs as I previously mentioned (Long Term Characters) Which have complex stories behind them that they develop themselves and bring out to you as people.
    Nyadach: yes, you said like Toog etc, but will we see them again and (fairly) often?
    Lornavash: With the recent relaunch of the LTC Programme at our end, expect a mass increase of at least 200% of what we've seen previous on LTCs of people coming in and developing saidsuch things. Take Took, Therno, Bahirae and Narada who turn up often to develop different aspects of the storylines that they control, albeit sidestorylines.
    Lornavash: Again, Roll on April.
    Nyadach: sounds good
    Xeenah: ~teaser~ *grins*
    Dernial: Msice your up
    Msice: i am curious how one can bring their Org more into the storyline, i mean.. the Society is not new. But it is also not our style to be involved with kidnappings, pillagings, disembodiment that sort of thing. That leaves us looking for a place to fit in, really. And lastly... is there anything we can do to help?
    Twistshot: thrids that
    Msice: Respect-Tolerance-Fun a different approach than usual, i know *smiles*
    Lornavash: I'd recommend putting yourself down in Atlantean Buzz for one to allow other people to see what you're about and if you want to get involved in player controlled events, and then if you wouldn't mind, doing the same and sending the information to us at Events-Feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com and if we come across an event where we could use you then we'll get hold of you
    Lornavash: Additionally, Devdas has a comment.
    Devdas: the easiest thing to help us is to send us feedback after you participated in one of our events be it pointing out good or bad things
    Lornavash: Hate or love, we wanna hear from you, again Events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com
    Lornavash: Next question
    Dernial: last one goes to Nickoric
    Nickoric: Okay got 2 questions
    Nickoric: Is/will the RP events on the 3 dimension going to be the same? Because I can see the limitation to how they will be acted out, since the event has to succed on all dimensions, or else the next related event might change, if you get what I mean...If omni manage to assult on one dimension, but on the other, clan manage to defend.
    Lornavash: Firstly we on' do events on two dimensions, Rimor and Atlantean.
    Lornavash: [Only*]
    Lornavash: Secondly, the events that are run on both dimensions are done carefully so that they get as much player involvement as possible, you'll see the response of saidsuch events in news reports, when a reporter signs off at the end, they put the dimension.
    Lornavash: While the dimensions are separate, we try to balance it and keep things fair for everyone, but they're not the same world, they've got different people, different political balances, things are bound to be different on dim2 to dim1
    Belleraphon: I think the question is how are you going to handle that.
    Kaelas: (as a note, i remember the battle of 4 holes, on antlean neutral/clan won, on rimor omni won)
    Nickoric: Okay....the second question: Will it be possible in some way to be able to see the /terminate countdown, so that its possible get the scripts to be played out in a good fasion...so it doesn't take like 20 secs before you fall over from the bullet in the head
    Lornavash: I'd recommend sending that to feedback@anarchy-online.com since that's something that's Funcom/AO Developer related rather than something that us ARKs can do.
    Lornavash: Right, now we move onto Devdas' special field: Newland City Council. What has everyone thought if it so far?
    Lornavash: I'll be handing over to Devdas for this one
    Devdas: well end Dernial lif you have a question or comment.
    Devdas: end a tell *
    Lornavash: Can I just make a note that at this time, question or comment regardless you send it to Dernial. Some people have been abusing the comments to put forward questions so from this point on, all to Dernial.
    Lornavash: We've been working on mobilizing ideas for the OAM and CoT. One that cropped up at the previous ones for example.
    Lornavash: How do you feel that the activities we've set forward for both of them have been, while this is rather a niche question since those of you that aren't in on the COT And OAM are rather restricted in response.
    Lornavash: Again, In considering, what would you like to see more of? More of the department directors? More stuff that you can put forward like "Hey, I found this really cool spinning rollerrat, maybe we can turn it into some sort of bomb?" and submit it to Omni-Engineering.
    Lornavash: The Newland City Council for example, those of you that are aware, how do you feel that's gotten off the ground? Do you want to see it progress further and in what way?
    Msice: More Max!
    Kaelas: (I actually had a question pertaining to the last part of that comment with omni-engineering)
    Lornavash: (Kael, as mentioned earlier, direct all to Dernial)
    Lornavash: Questions? Comments? Again, to Dernial please.
    Dernial: Ryeloth is first
    Devdas: looks at Ryeloth
    Ryeloth: Sorry. I was distracted. I've been very entertained by the work of the Newland Council.
    Devdas: glad to hear.
    Ryeloth: I think it would be nice to get a little more direction and also a little information on our ability to effect the actual environemnt
    Ryeloth: for instance, if a contract is made with a particular store company, is it possible for that to actually appear in newland in game.
    Ryeloth: I have also liked the work that is being done to work on communicating between the Newland Council and some of the clan/omni govt structures.
    Ryeloth: done
    Devdas: I see, regarding actualy game changes, that can be quite tricky. since that is all up to be decided by the game designers.
    Devdas: they need to make the code / world changes and patch it out.
    Devdas: so naturally this needs a lot of preplaning and confincing work
    Devdas: i.e. some time ago the CoT collected several backpacks of alien weaponns for tir guards
    Devdas: this is something we can try to do to some degree
    Dernial: Msice has a quick comment
    Devdas: about the clan/omni contacts, that is also for us quite interesting since it is based on the character of the various llegacys as well as the 'politics' between the players
    Devdas: ga msice
    Msice: i think we have found the Omni Board events to be anti-climactic... at least in Ops
    Devdas: I m not sure I understand.
    Msice: Just not much has happened in our department so far. i know the Org asked about it often, but kind of became disheartened.
    Msice: Just sharing an honest opinion *blush*
    Devdas: I see,
    Devdas: honest opinions is what we need
    Msice: The forums are slow, when i have made reports there is no response... like there is no "Max" to communicate with.
    Msice: done, and much respect
    Lornavash: with the omni-Affiliate meetings and council of truth meetings agreed they are disheartening but we are trying our best to get assignemtns out to you
    Devdas: You can contact MAX via the Omni-InternOps account on the oam site
    Nevarstiyeh: Well in terms of communicating with leaders, one of the initiatives Assistant Director Faroah and I looked into was setting up web/grid sites for the various Clans and departments and setting up e-mail addresses for direct correspondance and reporting
    Nevarstiyeh: Though we ended up determining that would be a more costly and time-consuming option. So we're still looking for some better ideas and approaches to the issue.

Nevarstiyeh: But as it stands now, like Devdas said, the OAM site is your best bet in terms of getting a hold of Omni leaders.
    Twistshot: Know this is out of place, but what about ****ific sections on the forums just for communitcating with dept/leg clan/ect people?
    Lornavash: Unfortunately, we as ARKs dont have access to the forums.anarchy-online.com and it'd have to be something setup previously, what we have with the Omni-tek.org and CoT Forums is what we are using, it's been in place for several months and as a result we are working at our best pace to resolve said bugs within them.
    Devdas: www.omni-tek.org www.counciloftruth.org
    Twistshot: that was what i ment actually on the forums for the Cot/dep/ect
    Devdas: those sites are not maintained by us, so your first place of contact would be there admins
    Lornavash: But, at the same time, I can understand where you're coming from and the incentive is low, but we need to see some sort of response from you otherwise we're going to shooting into the dark as to what you want.
    Twistshot: will do
    Lornavash: I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but it's come up again, and again, and in particular with this dimension. I'm not psychic, I can't read your minds as to what you want, you need to tell me. It's frustrating yes, there have been people before me that have failed at trying to get events anywhere near the standard that you demand. I'm here to change that.
    Lornavash: Getting frustrated is one thing, I get frustrated, we're human, deal with it. What I won't tolerate is people getting bitchy, backstabbing and not coming forth and asking the quesitons. You have a question to ask, ask it, If you /terminate and log off you'll never get it answered.
    Lornavash: If I *really* didn't care what you thought, would I waste my time and the time of my team to put up the facade of having meetings such as these? No.
    Ragunn: tilts his head
    Trgeorge: Why are we talking about same problems at this meeting as on previus then?
    Lornavash: So get yourself heard, put your voice forward, Events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com ask your questions there, or in the second section when player questions are free and opened up.
    Nevarstiyeh: We listen to and consider every request we receive.
    Nevarstiyeh: Realistically we cannot grant, implement, or comply with every single one of them however.
    Nevarstiyeh: And sometimes many of the things we want to implement take time.
    Lornavash: We're addressing it, re-addressing it to the point that I'll do it to death if need be so that I get an answer. Exactly what Nevarstiyeh said, None of us can click our fingers and make stuff happen, I really wish I could but we can't.
    Nevarstiyeh: It's the nature of this sort of organization, we have plenty of our own red tape to go through to get some ideas put in motion.
    Nevarstiyeh: We do our best to set up and do things that will benefit you all. We just can't do everything you ask, and we can't always do it immediately.
    Devdas: who is next dernial?
    Nevarstiyeh: Also keep in mind that we are not the final authority on things.
    Nevarstiyeh: Some ideas we have pushed to implementation have been shot down at higher levels, i.e. Funcom. We are still subordinate to them. So like I said, there are a lot of variables that come into play.
    Nevarstiyeh: But we do our best and we appreciate the fact that you are patient with this.
    Dernial: Kaelas is next
    Kaelas: ya'll keep making me have more questoins, but on ly two for hte current topic.
    Kaelas: I have two questoins in relation to this part: Lornavash shouts: Again, In considering, what would you like to see more of? More of the department directors? More stuff that you can put forward like "Hey, I found this really cool spinning rollerrat, maybe we can turn it into some sort of bomb?" and submit it to Omni-Engineering.
    Kaelas: Question 1: RP items, no use except RP being creatable by players. Say for instance something that shifts how you look beyond just a holo emitter, but looking like someone for agents. Possibly with the character's name as its created. From things like new apartment items, to things that have no effect on gameplay, only roleplay. Maybe even making the recipe to make the item avail in game, but only the creator has the recipe. Maybe "box of recipes" which can be used to create a recipe to give someone. Will we ever be able to accurately get to discuss these new items instead of just mailing and praying?
    Kaelas: Question 2: Unique items in secure database (far in future) would be fun. i'd love to take a rifle, change name, and add not just what it is, but a history of how my character got it. basically for RP reasons. Like my M.A.D changing it to Kaelas' M.A.D This Multifunction .....etc. Is this possible for maybe Lost Eden? this would also allow unique items to be created by Gm's for events and personalized to the player.
    Devdas: this you will have to submit to feedback@anarchy-online.com
    Devdas: thats one the official ways were Funcom looks for ideas from players
    Kaelas: will we ever get contacted about anything we send there though? i've sent emails in before and gotten nothing back as to even a "Could you explain this part"
    Devdas: you willl have to ask Funcom that via feedback@anarchy-online.com
    Devdas: ... sorry I don't know.
    Lornavash: What you have to remember is that funcom is separate to ARK and by no means do we speak on behalf of them.
    Kaelas: ah, do we ever get to talk to them like we do ya'll?
    Lornavash: Only through the email methods provided I'm afraid.
    Dernial: Nyadach is next
    Nyadach: Firstly, was about the NL Council, and ok we have one now...so good going but they have already sort of gone quiet, any chance of them doing little things, maybe annoucing a new street cleaning policy, even get Yarko out with a brush sweeping up for a day :P ...
    Nyadach: secondly, on the idea of communicating to orgs, not sure if you guys still do, but you used to have leaders chat over the leader chat to guilds? maybe some modified way could be used to send tells in bulk to all these people also...
    Devdas: yeah hand him a brush, maybe he will do it *smile*
    Nyadach: you tried getting an MP to do anything? he sits in a deck chair and gets the pets to do it :P
    Devdas: the newland council consists of one LTC played by an ark and 6 players. best is to rp it out with the players.
    Devdas: laughs
    Nyadach: and lastly, I think Lornavash needs a good drink, just settle all of us who have suffered large groups under us know we can't please everyone, and i think everyone appreciates you all its just your a bit open to attack being here etc
    Lornavash: guzzles it down and spawns seven more
    Devdas: unfotunatly we cnat give him any drinks he is to weak to take anythign decent
    Boltgun: Well you should look up for an annoucement if it hasn't been sent already about the council...
    Akelei: Oooooh. Teh Insults.
    Lornavash: For reference, while devdas admits I'm a lightweight, I'd also like to point out the email contacts for the NLC. On Dim1: NewlandCouncil1@ark.anarchy-online.com
    Lornavash: and on Dim2: NewlandCouncil2@ark.anarchy-online.com
    Msice: Thanks, all of you! *applauds the ARKs*
    Xaun: thanks
    Boltgun: It's true we have much to do still, but I'm sure things will speed up soon. In any case we're always open for discussion.
    Dernial: Collodion has the next question
    Devdas: boltgun and ryeloth are two of the newland ministers by the way
    Collodion: Sorry... Similar question to my orgmates...
    Collodion: The Newland Council started strong, even met once, but recently they have been quiet, I haven't seen Toog around or several ministers, even heard that one might be leaving the neutrals, will there be an active council in Newland?
    Lornavash: Again, because it's something run by one ARK and several players it's based upon their time constraints, if the players or ARK can't be online, then things can't happen until they are.
    Collodion: I understand, thank you.
    Devdas: the council is still going strong, just because the ark playinng toog cant log in 24/7 doesnt mean he aint there, you can always send him a tell or use the above mentioned mail
    Ryeloth: As boltgun said, you should expect to hear something soon also.
    Devdas: there is something for the neutral on the first if I recall right *looks at boltgunand ryloth*
    Collodion: something about some speeches, from what I hear
    Ryeloth: It's scheduled for next Sat.
    Devdas: who 's next?
    Dernial: Twistshot is next
    Twistshot: I am? Ohh now i remember
    Twistshot: Part of this has been answered but I would like to say it anyway
    Twistshot: I would like to see more interactions with main story line charecters at the CoT meeting, and not just one or two each time. For example, last count I had showed the Knights of Avalon having the most org supporters, yet I have only seen him a 2 meetings since i joined the cot.
    Devdas: That might be due to reanagements our roster of arks that play those legacys.
    Dernial: Dabblez is next
    Dabblez: Just some feeback on the Omni Board of Director. Not sure how useful or representitive our experience is though.
    Dabblez: Regarding the Omni Board of Director activities, our two RUR reps , Miremeld and Senobyte, try hard to bring the matters discussed at the meeting to our members attention.
    Dabblez: On balance though it's been difficult to get people excited about some of the activities (the alien kill counts, the Zora PR thing). I guess unless you are actually there, the Board of Director meeteings feel very remote and these task feel abstract.
    Dabblez: On the other hand we've had a lot more org participation in terms of members suggestion ideas for us to present to the Board of Director meetings, like the COSbot of FREDA.
    Dabblez: There is a real group effort behind these initiatives and there is a lot of chat in org chat while our reps are presenting the lastest RUR disaster with our reporting the reactions we get to the rest of us.
    Devdas: hmm interresting.
    Dabblez: *reps reproting
    Dabblez: So in a way, at least for us, we seem to get more out of the Omni Board of Directors as "audience" or "validation" body than as n a "quest-giver" capacity, if that makes any sense at all. It's worked for us. Done.

Devdas: so you are saying that your org members want a more .. 'Direct' interation? they want to present there own things instead of doing tasks we give out?
    Dabblez: I am sure Eeod would have loved to come to the meeting and present his creation, the COSbot, rather than have the rep do it for him.
    Dabblez: But even so, it still worked
    Xaun: if I may.. In response to Devdas comment.. I heard about a player created mission option that got cancelled some number of patches back.. is there any way to reinstitute that?
    Kaelas: That was in my comments a while ago heh.
    Liquidbass: I guess it would be too easy to exploit Xaun
    Devdas: I would say if you get into that situation again, you should fill out formux theat5-b3 and submit it to Omni-HQ via the oam contact gridsite and ask to bring one of your workr ss to present the collected data directly
    Dabblez: Will do. Direct participation would make it feel more relevant
    Devdas: the actual listed reprsenative will have to guarantee for th etrustworthy of the worker
    Devdas: *smile*
    Dabblez: oh drats...
    Devdas: that sounds like you have members that are not 110% pro Omni-Tek?
    Devdas: shouldd I log one of my other chars?
    Devdas: :P
    Devdas: next question?
    Dernial: Psychogirl is next
    Devdas: smacks his keyboard
    Psychogirl: At the last CoT meeting it was a pleasent surprise when that hologram appeared in the middle of our meeting. It is nice seeing things like that to help keep us on our toes. I am interested in where that rp story will lead. That's all I had to say. Just trying to keep things short and sweet.
    Psychogirl: Done.
    Devdas: thank youu. and next questin please
    Dernial: next is Kaelas
    Kaelas: Some of this might be FC some ark, just lemme know. For those of us that have neutrals wnating to work for jobe. Could we actually go and try to make a council of Jobe through a new SL only org or is there one. Beyond that, Can we go back to the old reclaim system please???? And can jobe get an insurance terminal or three maybe?
    Kaelas: done in one post for once, its a miricle
    Devdas: reclaim system is fc
    Devdas: about the jobe council... jobe is governed by JAME
    Kaelas: (is it player interactable in any way though, i've been looking for a while now)
    Devdas: so far only through quest npcs
    Devdas: what you could do is form a org of jobe citizens
    Jolos: lowers his head slowly then picks it up quickly
    Devdas: a "community of interests" maybe that wants to put jobe over the nneweland desert because that s there prefered view.
    Devdas: did that answer your question?
    Kaelas: Sorta, so just make an org of jobe citizens, let events email know?
    Devdas: sure, we cant promise anything, only that we will read it and think about it.
    Kaelas: K, thanks
    Devdas: next one then
    Dernial: last question goes to Boltgun
    Boltgun: Thanks, I heard they were plans for a Bory and Last Ditch council. Are they still planned ? Will they just exist in ARK form or with players ?
    Lornavash: waves goodbye to Vedia
    Nevarstiyeh: What the deuce?
    Devdas: yess, we had those plans, unfortunatly due to several reasons they are put on hold for some time. I still hope we can run this some time
    Boltgun: Ok even if there is no council, any chance that there is a rep or a face we can refer to ?
    Devdas: hmm... we will think about it.
    Boltgun: Okay, thanks for the effort so far. I really appreciate.
    Devdas: Thank you
    Lornavash: Right, at this time we're going to move onto questions about the article Submission system.
    Nevarstiyeh: Or ASS.
    Lornavash: Aka, ...
    Lornavash: what he said
    Nevarstiyeh: Indeed, sir.
    Akelei: Foo'
    Lornavash: Anywho, It's something that came into play shortly after the last player meeting and I want to know how people have got on with it? Good? Bad? Hate it? Love it?
    Lornavash: If you have something just to outright say, in terms of a comment, just say it, but if you have a question please direct it to Dernial.
    Nevarstiyeh: It is still in the course of being overhauled, as some of you may have seen from my thread on the forums.
    Lornavash: For reference: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=422863
    Lornavash: and : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=429418
    Nevarstiyeh: Dernial and I are working on fixing it up and getting it to be a little better and more useful. But in general, it's a pretty valuable tool that allows you to contribute to what's going on -- or to the perceptions of what's going on, rather.
    Raiche: so the a.s.s. is currently closed? or can we still send to it?
    Nevarstiyeh: Disinformation ftw.
    Nevarstiyeh: Raiche, you have to sign up for it.
    Nevarstiyeh: If you sign up for it and are approved for use, you can begin submitting articles.
    Akelei: Improvements will come when Nevarstiyeh stops fiddling with it.
    Nevarstiyeh: The articles are read, reviewed, and edited by the Events staff.
    Devdas: he likes to fiddle with ass
    Liquidbass: Eek
    Nevarstiyeh: Oh hell.
    Kaelas: So, is there anything else today?
    Nyadach: Could you maybe just rename it also?
    Liquidbass: Noooo!
    Boltgun: no
    Nuser: eeew
    Liquidbass: Its a great name.
    Arjen: you have to sigh up for ass?! in the old days a few drinks worked
    Nevarstiyeh: It will probably stay the same, in tribute to Regulas the Great, master of the forums.
    Liquidbass: I guess they still do, but signing up is cheaper.
    Devdas: unforrtunatly the modern breeds are not capable of gettgin drunk anymore
    Ragunn: Doesn't stop us from pretending.
    Nevarstiyeh: The ASS originally was developed under Community Relations, which he used to lead.
    Nevarstiyeh: it was shelved because they didn't really have much of a use for it, so we went ahead and after working with Regulas and Funcom, we got it back up and running and now are in the process of renovating it.
    Nevarstiyeh: Any other questions about the ASS or Freelance Program?
    Dabblez: I have one
    Alurinica: soo... they had ass, but they weren't sure what to do with it?
    Liquidbass: hehehehe
    Nevarstiyeh: Go ahead Dabblez.
    Ragunn: Rompa all the way with it.
    Dabblez: Non-ASS players seem to have a hard time finding reporters
    Dabblez: A few people have contacted me askingin me if I new of any ASS reporters thye could contact
    Dabblez: Could we have a list of reporters by faction/server. or a cerntral email address where we can send story leads to
    Dabblez: and then the reproters can follow up if the want to
    Dabblez: Done
    Nevarstiyeh: Well there is a central email address available. But the idea of a list is a good one too, I can get with Lucien and Silirrion about setting something like that up.
    Nevarstiyeh: The email address itself is mainly for internal use, sending out bulletins and such to the reporters.
    Nevarstiyeh: So failing the creation of some sort of reporter directory, I can definitely look into opening that email address up to general use for sending leads and such to reporters.
    Dabblez: That would be useful. After all how else are the reproters to know what to report if we can't contact them?
    Lornavash: nods
    Nevarstiyeh: Indeed. Thanks Dabblez.
    Nyadach: think that just using contact names would probably work well, used to work well for some of us way back when...never found anyone bothered emailing you, just used to contact the living daylights out of you hehe
    Dabblez: A number of reporters seems to be alts though
    Nyadach: pfft, wimps
    Dabblez: done
    Lornavash: Right, With that under the belt, I now put the next section of the meeting into phase. Section Two in which the floor is open to you to ask any question you want, (Events Team related of course.)
    Lornavash: Again, the same policy applies of sending the /tells to Dernial and he'll open them up in order for you to speak in turn and for us to address them.
    Dernial: first question goes to Raiche
    Raiche: I've noticed that a lot of the more interesting events seem to be community related....
    Raiche: so on that note, I've noticed there seems to be a strong lack of variety in food choice for neutrals. Is there any possibility of the events team organizing a 'bring Mongo Meal to Newland' operation?
    Raiche: done
    Lornavash: It definately sounds like an interesting idea, just briefly discussed it over with my team and it's definately something along the lines of social events that we can consider.

Lornavash: It's something we could easily impliment in terms of an event, even from a mass buffet for neutrals all the way to spawning in a few different NPCs to stand there and sell different stuff.
    Liquidbass: That sounds great
    Lornavash: I'll get a template for that one underway as soon as and then see if it can be tied in with some sort of NLC initiative or something and yeah...expect food soon.
    Lornavash: Next question
    Dernial: Kaelas is next
    Kaelas: So, For those of us with RP enforced orgs, one char max, etc. Do you foresee more events based on individual orgs that draw in multiple orgs. Like leaders getting kidnapped for nothing more than money, and the like? Where orgs can either pay hte ransom or fight to get him/her back. I Mainly ask becuase i havn't seen many kidnapping plots exept player made ones.
    Lornavash: Without revealing too much April will see some changes in this way, taking out such drastic measures against people is something we have done in the past and are considering even moreso.
    Nevarstiyeh: whistles.
    Lornavash: Some people enjoy being tied up in cells for hours on end while being interrogated.
    Liquidbass: dances to Nevarstiyeh's whistling
    Lornavash: perhaps tied up was the wrong words to use, but yeah, along those lines it's something we're bringing in as we make Rubi-Ka more and more horrifically realisitc.
    Seeca: smiles quietly
    Lornavash: shout Next question?
    Kaelas: and some of us just are a bitch and a half to capture.
    Dernial: next is Alurinica
    Alurinica: The first time I saw green sky I thought to myself 'Neat, RK has green skies sometimes', the point being that the clues that somethings about to happen are hard to come by, even if to you they're obvious....
    Alurinica: is it possible to have general, non-major events take place to impress apon people that things do happen in the world?
    Liquidbass: I dont get it. What makes a green cloud a clue?
    Alurinica: for example, in omni, having an event where armed guards escort an NPC CEO from here-to-there would actually be quite interesting to see the first time... and help people get interested in the RP elements.
    Lornavash: Non-Major events tend to be the ones that take place and are seldom reported back on because not enough people hear of them or at least convey the message.
    Alurinica: for us who've just gotten the game free and are trying it out, its incredibly hard to break into the RP parts of the game.
    Lornavash: We try to break people in gently to the roleplaying aspects of the game, through various events that we repeat from time to time with variables and different considerations.
    Alurinica: to be honest, Katralina was one of the first people I talked to in character at any great length, and was quite excited to do so.. the RP events arent easily found when you dont know what your looking for yet. (done)
    Devdas: if you are new, can I suggest reading http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=374166 it has some neat links to background infs and ways to meet up with other rolepayers
    Lornavash: mmm, It takes time to find what you're looking for, and I intend to change that in whatways I can, we all do as part of the events team, without people to enjoy the events we put forward, we're pretty much useless.
    Alurinica: sry to continue after I said done... but...
    Lornavash: No, tis no worries as long as you got the answers you wanted thats all.
    Alurinica: is it possible to have general events advertized like tours? not the major ones, just the minor 'neat' ones.
    Lornavash: The problem is the realism of them, this was addressed at the beginning of the meeting.
    Alurinica: the ones without requiring anyone to really get involved unless they already are.
    Alurinica: Well I agree that a prison break isnt news to be passed on... an omni parade through rome, for example, would be reported.
    Lornavash: The moment we start sitecasting to *everyone* ingame and believe me you can't pick and chose who you send the message to, it goes to everyone in instances, in missions in apartments in shadowlands, EVERYWHERE. So you could end up with an SCL 1 turning up at your event all the way to an SCL 220.
    Alurinica: right, i'm talking about less... 'important' events.
    Lornavash: If they're not that important, why spread the news?
    Jeva: If I may make a comment to that...
    Lornavash: Yeah, I can understand where You're coming from in terms of getting people involved, but a lost cat doesn't make headline.
    Lornavash: Sure, go ahead JEva.
    Nickoric: an event is special, because not everyone got it, imo...its not like a item, that everyone can get...this is for telling tales about
    Jeva: I know quite a few people who are 200+ and looking to get involved in RP, they are new to it and unfamiliar with it...
    Jeva: a non-important or RP-lite even would be just hte thing to bring them out...
    Lornavash: Bringing them out is one thing, but swamping an area with players to find one lost pet or return one item is something entirely different
    Lornavash: Again it's something we're developing on to get everyone a taste of roleplaying within the world of Rubi-Ka.
    Jeva: I'm thinking more allong the lines of the Omni-Officer kidnaping...
    Alurinica: I'm not talking about a lost pet....
    Lornavash: I'm just using the lost pet as an example.
    Jeva: he was brought to Wine and it brought out many non-rpers who found the event enjoyable.
    Lornavash: nods
    Ragunn: ...
    Alurinica: A parade to celibrate an omni Officer promotion WOULD be big news, and yet not an event that matters if it attracts lvl 220s AND lvl 4's alike.
    Lornavash: True.
    Jeva: Or like the Vigill for Ross that was player organized.
    Lornavash: True true, I will see about making people more aware of these events that take place, if celebration is in order or notice is required then people have got to be aware of it.
    Lornavash: Right, on that note if there are no further questions I believe we can draw an end to this months meeting. I would like to thank you all for coming, it has been long but at least we've made some progress today in stepping forward and getting things running at full steam ahead.
    Lornavash: Again, if you have any comments in regards to this meeting or the events we discussed please send them on to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com
    Kaelas: Where there be a log of the meeting posted?
    Slynthia: that would be one big arse log
    Ragunn: I bet a few orgs will host it as a .txt file
    Nuser: I have it all logged. I can post it on the Buzz if you want..but yes its going to be one arse long log
    Lornavash: No guarrrantees, but I will see about the possibility of getting it up on the forums somehow.
    Lornavash: Nuser, if you could, I'd appreciate that.
    Dabblez: The log is only 650 lines
    Nuser: will do