Thread: IRRK: Escaped criminal murdered in Borealis

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Escaped criminal murdered in Borealis

Escaped criminal murdered in Borealis
    March 21, 29480 [Atlantean]

IRRK - Aytar Samson, a mob henchman who had been arrested for several counts of assault and murder, escaped from a prison in Borealis today. His escape did not last long, however, as he was murdered by one of the individuals in the search party.

At approximately 21:00 RST, the ICC sent out a bulletin throughout Borealis warning residents of the prison break. The ICC made it clear that the criminal was dangerous, and that they needed the assistance of residents to track him down so they could return him to jail.

The ICC's efforts were thwarted, however, when Gorgefodder3 and Katralina of the Nanomage Liberation Front attempted to assist Aytar in fleeing authorities. Complicating matters even more, an individual by the name of Psiondeath came about and murdered Aytar in cold blood. The ICC attempted to stop this attack by opening fire on Psiondeath, but he managed to escape before anything could be done.

Thankfully, the ICC had ensured that Aytar's insurance was up to date, so upon his demise he found himself reclaiming at the prison cell that he has become quite familiar with over the past several months. This allows Aytar to continue serving his minimum sentence of 20 years for his crimes.

Seems like the story missed the bit about the mindless slaughter of the leets in this also...so sad...so furry....so eek *drops down dead*.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Lets just hope they manage to keep him in the cell where he belongs this time

I never have been able to understand this approach..
    I mean, a convicted criminal with a history of serious violence breaks out and is put back behind bars via reclaim..
    So he has a rezz sickness for a while, we've all suffered that..
    *rolls eyes* Big deal..

Yeah, I know, proper authorities and all that.. but really, they should be a little more vigilant and keep him where he's supposed to be in the first place, then this wouldn't happen..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Why did members of the NLF help him? Was he one of their freedom fighters, or were Gorgefodder3, and Katralina acting seperate from the NLF.
    So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory

So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path

I guess the NLF just likes what ICC doesn't like...

helping an escaped convict is a crime, if ICC would do their job they should start immediatly an investigation about the actions of these two mages.

Hell Psiondeath did the right thing.

Only way to guarentee the fugitive would be returned was to terminate the current body and force a reclaim. The ICC should be thanking him not firing at him.

((bah another event on the times i can't play *cries*))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Being a vigilante isn't always a good thing. Those ICC troopers have made a choice everyday to go out there. Psiondeath hasn't made that choice. What if something went wrong with the insurance system? What if he never showed up back in his cell? Psiondeath would then be a murderer.
    But never victory

Whilst we find the path

Quote Originally Posted by Jolos
    Being a vigilante isn't always a good thing. Those ICC troopers have made a choice everyday to go out there. Psiondeath hasn't made that choice. What if something went wrong with the insurance system? What if he never showed up back in his cell? Psiondeath would then be a murderer.
    But the other criminal would be off the streets. And in this day and age ... come on, how rare is it that the insuranace fails.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Yes, computers and technology has progressed so much. But they all still have the essential flaw, the human flaw. Someone once told me that computers don't make mistakes they are perfect, the people who program them and use them arn't.
    But never victory

Whilst we find the path

wipe his insurance and execute him

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    wipe his insurance and execute him
    *nods*

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    Complicating matters even more, an individual by the name of Psiondeath came about and murdered Aytar in cold blood. The ICC attempted to stop this attack by opening fire on Psiondeath, but he managed to escape before anything could be done.
    I was not near Psiondeath when this occured, however I was downtown while the ICC Peacekeepers were searching for this man and I can tell you that they were telling Borealis citizens that we should kill this Aytar Samson on sight. As far as I can tell, right or wrong, Psiondeath was following what he probably believed to be ICC's orders.

-- Kairistrife

*more specifically, when citizens asked an ICC Peacekeeper if they should kill the fugitive, I heard the ICC Peacekeeper reply that, yes, the fugitive should be killed on sight.
    Last edited by kairistrife; Mar 26th, 2006 at 22:13:26.

From what I'm reading here it seems that the Neutrals need to replace their guards. If it's true that they ordered KOS, then they shouldn't have opened fire on Psiondeath. Also, Borealis seems to keep getting reports of criminals...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    From what I'm reading here it seems that the Neutrals need to replace their guards. If it's true that they ordered KOS, then they shouldn't have opened fire on Psiondeath. Also, Borealis seems to keep getting reports of criminals...
    ICC peacekeepers are somewhat hard to replace, to begin with.

As for the criminals, I can assure you that Bor is no more infested with criminals than Newland, Rome, Trade, Tir, Old Athen, Athen West, Omnit Ent or any oter place I've been to/heard of.
    I've spent quite some time already ferreting out various criminals from our fair cities and outposts (as well as cities not under OT control) and I don't really see that task completed anytime soon.
    By the way, I've been assisted with intelligence, equipment and advice by both neuts and clanners while OT personnel have most often spurned my requests for help in these assignments.. even the various law "enforcement" agencies. Don't generalise and don't take political propaganda at face value, go out in the world ans see for yourself.

Yes, if the ICC troopers did give the order to kill on sight then they should not have fired on Psiondeath - but was it a general order or just one peacekeeper who got tired of the court's leniency? We don't know and never will, I suppose.

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava
    Yes, if the ICC troopers did give the order to kill on sight then they should not have fired on Psiondeath - but was it a general order or just one peacekeeper who got tired of the court's leniency? We don't know and never will, I suppose.
    Whether it was a general order or "just one peacekeeper who got tired of the court's leniency" doesn't really matter, does it? If Psiondeath was told to shoot the fugitive on sight by an ICC Peacekeeper, he could not have known where the order originated. Psiondeath should not have been fired upon, and certainly it should not have been said that he "murdered Aytar in cold blood"

-- Kairistrife

Quote Originally Posted by kairistrife
    Whether it was a general order or "just one peacekeeper who got tired of the court's leniency" doesn't really matter, does it? If Psiondeath was told to shoot the fugitive on sight by an ICC Peacekeeper, he could not have known where the order originated. Psiondeath should not have been fired upon, and certainly it should not have been said that he "murdered Aytar in cold blood"

-- Kairistrife
    It matters on at least two levels:

I) If ICC troopers are not all giving the same orders/requests we can never be sure what we're doing is right and might then unknowing commit crimes ourselves. Only we are responsible for our actions, noone else.

II) If ICC troopers does not themselves obey the laws then they are not to be assumed trustworthy. That means that ICC must restore discipline in their forces.

I agree that Psiondeath should not have been fired upon and called a criminal, particularly after it became known that some ICC personnel had given different instructions to the original but that is just the risk I am talking about: how can a law enforcement agency or a para- or regular military force be trusted if they give conflicting orders?

I am, however, confident that sanity and truth will prevail. At least in this case..

Quote Originally Posted by Jolos
    I really dont see the problem with this, many times i have done freelance work via mission terminals and been told specifically to Track down and execute a criminal so he will reclaim in his cell, its pretty much general procedure...

As to an insurance problem, well the guy shouldnt escape in the first place if he is scared his insurance might not save him, as they used to say back on old earth 'if you cant do the time, dont do the crime!'
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet