Thread: Who says running AO isn't rocket science?!

Who says running AO isn't rocket science?!

Just check out the resume on Funcom's new president and CEO, Trond Arne Aas:

http://www.funcom.com/media/pressrel...sh/newceo.html

Enock - Level 105 Clan MP, Atlantean
    Zackarias - Level 42 Clan Advent, Atlantean
    Enock - Level 6 Clan MP, Testlive

lol i can't even begin to keep track of the names that come an d go at FC
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

he's obviously not a nice guy

trond arne aas = trond are an ass???
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Intrepid
    trond arne aas = trond are an ass???
    LMAO, Yeah I guess that sums it up

Be careful, you'll get banned for calling someone an ASS.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Well lets see here... A graduate with a degree in quantum physics and a masters in solid state physics, ran a few DotCom's... designed friggen missles. Yeah he is qualified to run a video game company. What a friggen JOKE. This company is dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed.

edit = typo

sigh.....

Hm. Funny how it works.. on message boards, pretty much every one I've been to, no one ever seems to stop and THINK things through. I clicked that link. Looks like the guy is perfectly qualified. Under his "previous experience", it looks like he's got ALOT of manager-type experience, which, yes, IS perfect for the job he's in now, considering it's a management type job. And yet, somehow, all you seemed to notice was the paragraph under that about missile designing and such... And if the company was so dooooooooooooooomed as you say, do you think this game would be doing as well as it is now? I mean, of course, it's no EQ... but honestly now.. there isnt ANY other game (except maybe UO) that pulls in the numbers that EQ does. For a game of this type, this one's doing pretty danged well. Im sorry to say, but just because a few people complain mindlessly on the boards (and yes, I do mean a few.... it's not like the whole population of AO comes here at all... I know alot of people that avoid the boards completely because of the mindless complaining... and it's the same for EQ and UO and the others) does NOT mean the company is doooooooooooomed. Just because they nerf your favorite weapon to help balance the game (perish the thought!!!) doesnt mean the game is horrid, the company is bad bad bad!!!! And yet, sadly, that's how board-goers for this type of game usually view it. Personally, I cant stand the idiotic complaining... usually, I just avoid the boards entirely. But I do sometimes show up here, and, more often than not, end up ranting like this... At any rate, lets try to think things through, logically and completely, before posting... these boards will suddenly become alot better if only more people would just do that. But I doubt it'll happen. At any rate, this is the only post I'll make on this topic... I dont have the time or patience to get caught up in another dumb argument on this board.
    "I'll hold on to this greasy, dripping meatball while you risk your life for a bowlfull of berries." - Princess Peach Toadstool

I haven't complained about the bugs.I have lost my inventory 3x and never posted a plz help fk u funcom post.I've died more than once to ghost dmg and fall dmg and not being able to cast nanos to heal,lag,and invisible mobs in walls.I don't complain about those things because tho game killing bugs they are you can look past it and say they fix it someday. The game is still fun.The people do make the difference in the game.Who I play with makes the game for me so I over look that other stuff.
    Funcom's policies tho and OBVIOUS lack of customer service regardless what anyone says imho,I find harder to over look.
    Biased policies that do not apply to all tho they may like to think so annoys me.Their rationale on what is seemingly obvious is warped.
    They could hire Michael Eisner for all I care and apparently they saw the need for a change which is good I think.I hope it works out for them and consequently those of us who like to play this game.
    I think a ceo needs to be a people person too and yes management experience is a real neccessity.It's pretty hard to judge a man by his resume tho.If he is a good people person with motivational skills and a great vision of the fututre for funcom then he might be a good thing for them.I hope he can warm over some of the customer relations problems too.
    And thru it all they still gettin my 12.99 a month support anyways.
    At least till the next game comes out I might like.
    When I played UO I had a lot of friends that left and I stayed in the game because I liked it that much.I can tell you if my friends left AO i'd be gone in a heartbeat.That wouldn't hold true tho if they had a different attitude with their customer relations and a better record of fixing game bugs.

Re: sigh.....

Originally posted by Occulta
    Hm. Funny how it works.. on message boards, pretty much every one I've been to, no one ever seems to stop and THINK things through. I clicked that link. Looks like the guy is perfectly qualified. Under his "previous experience", it looks like he's got ALOT of manager-type experience, which, yes, IS perfect for the job he's in now, considering it's a management type job. And yet, somehow, all you seemed to notice was the paragraph under that about missile designing and such... And if the company was so dooooooooooooooomed as you say, do you think this game would be doing as well as it is now? I mean, of course, it's no EQ... but honestly now.. there isnt ANY other game (except maybe UO) that pulls in the numbers that EQ does. For a game of this type, this one's doing pretty danged well. Im sorry to say, but just because a few people complain mindlessly on the boards (and yes, I do mean a few.... it's not like the whole population of AO comes here at all... I know alot of people that avoid the boards completely because of the mindless complaining... and it's the same for EQ and UO and the others) does NOT mean the company is doooooooooooomed. Just because they nerf your favorite weapon to help balance the game (perish the thought!!!) doesnt mean the game is horrid, the company is bad bad bad!!!! And yet, sadly, that's how board-goers for this type of game usually view it. Personally, I cant stand the idiotic complaining... usually, I just avoid the boards entirely. But I do sometimes show up here, and, more often than not, end up ranting like this... At any rate, lets try to think things through, logically and completely, before posting... these boards will suddenly become alot better if only more people would just do that. But I doubt it'll happen. At any rate, this is the only post I'll make on this topic... I dont have the time or patience to get caught up in another dumb argument on this board.
    You need to pull your head out of our anal cavity and have a look around at what is happing in this game. There is ZERO customer support. FC's position on any in or out of game problem is that it is your problem not ours. Their code is so bug ridden that not even Orken could straighten it out. Their GM's and ARK's are of the rudest caliber I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. And to top it off they hire a C.E.O. To run a Videogame company and he has no experience in the industry. Building missiles and building an online gaming experience are worlds apart. Further more, this company is in a financial mess right now. If things were coming up roses for FC they wouldn't be getting a new C.E.O. I feel bad for you Occulta, you haven’t' been screwed by the FC policies yet. Give it time you will, and when you do, and FC shows their true colors, don’t come to the boards for support from your fellow players, they wont help you and neither will FC.

Nuff Said!

Re: Re: sigh.....

Originally posted by Fowl

You need to pull your head out of our anal cavity and have a look around at what is happing in this game. There is ZERO customer support. FC's position on any in or out of game problem is that it is your problem not ours. Their code is so bug ridden that not even Orken could straighten it out. Their GM's and ARK's are of the rudest caliber I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. And to top it off they hire a C.E.O. To run a Videogame company and he has no experience in the industry. Building missiles and building an online gaming experience are worlds apart. Further more, this company is in a financial mess right now. If things were coming up roses for FC they wouldn't be getting a new C.E.O. I feel bad for you Occulta, you haven’t' been screwed by the FC policies yet. Give it time you will, and when you do, and FC shows their true colors, don’t come to the boards for support from your fellow players, they wont help you and neither will FC.

Nuff Said!
    Thats the biggest load of baloney ever. Ive had only great encounters with ARK, who have been very helpful and kind.

/me hands the cranial-anal removal tool to Emiko

I will say this Emiko, you are one of the lucky ones. I am truly happy that your AO experience has been a happy and rewarding one for you personally. I wish that mine was as good. There are a great many players who feel betrayed by Funcom and left alone in a dark room sitting in a pile of manure. We feel slighted, and cheated, because the nirvana that was promised us was not delivered. I wish you all the best in your journey with FC and AO, and may the digital road always rise up to meet you. But I am afraid that the players like myself only got potholes. Just because your AO life is filled with roses please don't belittle myself or the other players whom have been ran over by the propaganda machine of Funcom.

uhhh.... no.

Fowl, sounds like YOU need to pull YOUR head out of your.... you know. I've done ALOT of this type of game. I can honestly say, ARK does a danged great job. Heck, they even reply really fast (you wouldnt believe how long it can take to get a response in EQ sometimes.... not that the EQ GM's do a bad job, there's just not enough of them...). The sad thing is, (and the thing Im always TRYING to point out...) is that most of these problems are with the PLAYERS themselves..... Not the GMs. But the players just refuse to think that they could EVER be wrong (heaven forbid!!!), and thus, the blame is passed onto the GMs. And you can NOT, I repeat, *NOT*, say that this is a problem with AO, or Funcom. Go play ANY other MMORPG.... and I mean ANY. You will find that ALL of the things that you are whining about exist, at least they seem to when you run into problems. I've hung around the boards for EQ, UO, RO (before RO was destroyed, anyway...) and others.... and frankly, I get sick and tired of listening to this mindless dribble. Now, lets think here, logically.... If ALL of these games, not just AO, contain the SAME complaints, that must mean that ALL MMORPG's are bad, they all have just horrible customer service.... but no, wait, now, logically, that cant be true at all.... do you honestly think any of them would be thriving as they are if THAT were true? I dont think so. Unfortunately, there are some problems, within each RPG, that just *CANNOT* be fixed, for various reasons. Usually it's item reimbursement. In many of these games, you CANNOT get back lost items, no matter how you plead with the GMs.... it's not because they WONT help you.... it's because they CANT. There is no real way for them to prove that you ever had the item in the first place (yet, anyway), so they wont do it... if they did, you'd have people taking unfair advantage of it, and getting items "back" that they never had in the first place, and how do you think the playerbase would react once THAT starts happening? More mindless complaining! Oh no... it's NEVER the players fault *dripping with sarcasm* only the gms...... Also, remember one more thing.... if you are dealing with ARK, well, ARK is VOLUNTEERS... not actual GM's. Unfortunately, ARK can make mistakes sometimes. The Guides in EQ do it too. But it's just that.... a mistake. And honestly, they really dont do it that often. I actually was a Guide with EQ for awhile... and I admit, I did make a couple of mistakes.... ticked a couple of people off without even realizing what I was doing wrong. So it is possible. But there still, even with that, is no reason to whine about it. They are doing a danged good job, regardless. Ack, look at this. Im ranting again. Im leaving this topic alone now... later, all.
    "I'll hold on to this greasy, dripping meatball while you risk your life for a bowlfull of berries." - Princess Peach Toadstool

Your problem, Fowl, is you are generalizing. You state all ARK are the rudest people, when perhaps there are a few who are rude, but you need to choose your words more carefully so you don't come off as a jerk.

I agree some ARK has acted inaproproately in the past and will in the future, but it does not mean they all are worthless.

I Have had my share of disappearing Yalm and backpacks full of uber loot, believe me I have, and it bugs me that the bbi, a very simple fix, still waits to be corrected, like so many other issues in this game. I am unhappy that there is nothing to do on Rubi Ka as a high level character.

Currently I am level 140 and there is no way for me to level except thru missions in Broken Shores like of course I know you know this, I am simply empathizing with you there.

To me, the booster pack with it's silly towers will not supply the kind of high end OR high level impact we need at this time, it will merely usher to some of the masses who are too immature to realize they are being placated by a sidetrack rather then a genuine storyline maneuver they were promised back in the day.

So, I agree and disagree with you.