Thread: Funny AO articles

Funny AO articles

http://www.anarchy-online.com/globalGFX/PCGscan1.jpg

This article below is slightly full of crap though, it says AO is not full of spawn camping? What crackpipe have they been smoking??

Sure you can do alot on Rubi Ka that has NOTHING to do with camping but if you want uber loot, you HAVE to camp

http://www.anarchy-online.com/globalGFX/PCGscan2.jpg
    Last edited by Orchid; Aug 11th, 2002 at 14:03:12.

I'm not going to bother to read these, because in the final analysis I simply don't care.

But...

AO certainly has it's camping, but it's not required to play the game (unlike another MMRPG we know, namely EQ).

I reject the so-called uberjunk argument. Most of that stuff isn't all that, and much is being rendered obsolete by creeping featurism anyway--and we all know FC's reticence to upgrade existing items. Simply, you don't need that stuff to play.

Camping exists, no one likes it, and FC seems to have a deadly fascination for it anyway...but you don't have to do it.

Indeed, you can party at reet retreat

or

2) explore

3) hold contests

4) hold magic shows

5) hodl swap meets

6) go deep into a guild RP

7) spend hours perfecting your dance routine script.
    so much more...

It's all lies... Omi-pol is on the job and handeling the press.

What a crock of POODOO!

The first article -
    The guy looks stoned and he says he hasn't gotten bored after 100 hours of gamplay. Thats what, a bit more than 4 days. I've got a few characters totaling over 25 days. Eventually you hit the wall.

Article two -

20 minute missions? Well at level 6 I had 10 minutes missions, but before I knew it I was dragged into 4 hours team missions to and from hell.

Oh well, they're just some silly atricles spread around by an international network of undercover koalas employeed by Funcom and the CIA.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Heh. I never trust game mags, personally. And I notice that guy's character (Thevede) is only level 34. I could be wrong- maybe he's got an alt or something.

I happen to think AO is the best MMOG currently out there, but I hate it when game mags review MMORPG's. They never get out of the early stages, and base their reviews on the early honeymoon phase.

Look at what mags said about DAoC when it was released- they were ecstatic about all the improvements it had over EQ. And they were right- it is alot of fun. Up to around level 20. Then it goes flatter than... errr... something very flat.

Ok, ok. You're going to go make me read these articles. I'll get each and every one of your for this! Mark my words!

I ran into Thevede the other night in Athen. Thought it probably was PCG's hardware editor. Guess I'd better go and see for myself what's up in game-magazine land...

They call these articles?

I'd hardly dignify those blurbs as articles.

The second one made at least some sense. The main problem is that these are written from a lowish level character's experience. That's pretty much the way of it with game reviews. The reviewers usually don't have the time to really get into the game's later stages, and rarely do the magazines print followups.

Even when they do followups or reviews of sequals, you're still dealing with limited time to play the game. PCG's review of Diablo2: Lord of Destruction springs to mind. I remember reading this one thinking, "What game did he say this was?" The reviewer had a 30-something assassin in normal difficulty. His experiences in normal single player weren't what I was seeing in hell difficulty in 8 player games, to put it mildly (nor would it ever be, since his build would NOT have been viable in 8 player hell games, something that should have been mentioned in a proper review of game mechanics).

I suppose this is why I don't pay much attention to game magazine reviews.

Look at the screen shot the article came with........ two hot blondes dressed in white bikinis, no wonder they loved the game.....

I have also read those articles about AO in PCG, and one thing that i noticed, was that TheVede is only like what, level 30ish? and he was saying how he would name his son AnarchyOnline Vederman, and heres the good part: " If he gets pick on in school, I would fly down there with my yalmaha........."

Anyone wonder how in the hell did a level 30ish guy get a Yalm? Only reasonable explanation is that all the reviewers for PCG who played AO all got "a little help" from FunCom, such as that /spawn ql30 yalmaha, or that /give player 10 million credits, ot even better /create hot blonde girl with sexual panties dancing for the reviewers all day long.

Sick

Angry regarding PvP

The reason i play AO and nothing else is
    because i dont have to participate in PvP.
    I have come to hate such games as Unreal Tournament and alikes because of cheaters ruining the games.
    Here in AO i can concentrate on Rpging
    and just havin a good time,without havin
    my head blown off by some wouldbeHacker running a cheatscript or such.Yes,i might enjoy a bit of OneOnOne
    combat,but Give Up The Cheating!
    Where is the fun in that?
    AO Rules,and thats a fact!

The articles might be written by noobs, but first impressions can make or break a game.

That's very true, Emiko.

Harpalyce mentioned seeing this Vede guy in Athen a few nights ago, which is cool. I wouldn't blame him for starting alts to avoid the /tells.

As for the reviews of MMORPG's in magazines- yeah- they always base their opinions on early gameplay. It's not surprising- they can't devote a reviewer to a game for months. But it does sort of make their reviews less noteworthy.

I've only seen an MMORPG revisisted and reassessed once. And that was DAoC... by.... it may have been PCG again, but I'm not sure. It was just funny. They basically said, "look- I know we raved about this game when it came out, but I just passed level 35 and it's empty" (I'm paraphrasing).