Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FJRK: Clans suffer for Omni-Tek's incompetence!

Post Lost Vision....

This situation and article has, like so many others, fallen into a slanderous mess.

Savoy, apparently you seem to think that all should hate one another simply because of their political affiliation or allegiance. I am sure that there are some Omni-Tek employees who do not hate members of The Clan. I know we can as living creatures will not beyond the barbarism of war over beliefs, but we do not need to perpetuate these actions merely because that is the way it has been.

Naefen, if you believe our only cohesive bond it mutual hatred, you are most certainly wrong. I chose to live within the clans because of this way of life, not because I hate somebody.

Would it make a difference if my lineage derived from both Clan and Omni? Should I hate one of my elders because one was from Omni-Tek? Should they have hated the each other? Obviously not because I am here and quite healthy.

Now that I have spent my 2 credits on personal minutia...

This is not about success or failures, this is about the loss of innocent lives. Now is not a time to fight and accuse but to work together to stop these terrorists. These terrorists are going to stir up the hatred between the three groups and cause more damage than "we" would do on "our" own. Has it not already started? A simple act of kidnapping from each of us has caused what we have here. What happens when the attacks become more violent?
    What happens when hundreds of lives are lost because all parties involved fail to share information and work together?
    Can we not learn from thousands of years of lessons that there are times to come together and crush a common enemy?
    How many more lives must be lost, how many more worlds have to fall before we learn?
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. --Isaac Asimov

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. -- John Barrymore

My recent fortune cookie read: "Courage comes through suffering"
    My question is How courageous am I supposed to get??

Quote Originally Posted by eriton

Naefen, if you believe our only cohesive bond it mutual hatred, you are most certainly wrong. I chose to live within the clans because of this way of life, not because I hate somebody.
    You can also live the way you want within the corporation. Only then you would live legally. Omni Tek does not force you to stay inside an office or do garbage-duty every Sunday afternoon. You, the clans, believe you are free but the only difference in your lifestyle and ours is that we fight for a common cause while you fight for yourself and you own profits.
    Everyone defending the clan "cause" are the ones profitting from constantly continued hostile relation with Omni Tek.
    War makes credits. The clans have nothing to fight over except credits in these modern times.
    Omni Tek does not opress its citizens any longer like they, unfortunately, did by a few mistakes in the past.
    Mistakes, wich ofcourse, were harshly looked upon.

Your "way of life" is nothing but another propaganda-move these days. I walk through the woods and smell the flowers just as much as you.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Eriton,

Actually you have me all wrong. I have been arguing for years for a negotiated peace deal and have been a long time vocal critic of both Omni and Clan extremists. I believe that this war lost long lost all meaning.

Unfortunatley there are individuals who stand to gain from the continuation of the war. These are the people who keep reminding us how important it is to keep fighting. They prey on people's fears, private hurt and misplaced patriotism and keep fanning the flames. And, based on their most recent articles, the FJRK has become of tool of such individuals.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Mar 15th, 2006 at 09:47:48.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Eriton,

Actually you have me all wrong. I have been arguing for years for a negotiated peace deal and have been a long time vocal critic of both Omni and Clan extremists. I believe that this war lost long lost all meaning.

Unfortunatley there are individuals who stand to gain from the continuation of the war. These are the people who keep reminding us how important it is to keep fighting. They prey on people's fears, private hurt and misplaced patriotism and keep fanning the flames. And, based on their most recent articles, the FJRK has become of tool of such individuals.

Savoy
    True. War can be good for business. On War, allow me to quote here one of my mentors from the times of my basic battlefield training after immigration to Rubi-Ka:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Dubois
    Anyone who clings to the historically untrue — and thoroughly immoral — doctrine that 'violence never settles anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence settled their fates quite nicely. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
    ((movie quiz included ))

Forget the negotiations, they'll lead nowhere... Cry havoc! Unleash the hounds of war and let's settle this conflict once and for all!

Note that this is purely my personal opinion and it does not represent Omni-Mining in any way.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

I cannot speak for the Knights of Avalon but I can speak for the Aethyr Knights. What Eriton says is poinent and valid. Anyone who has done their home work knows Knights are "undecided" in the "war" between sides. We seek to help the innoncent, the weak, the downtrodden. We do not teach hate mongering. We teach compassion and humility. Children are to me by all counts innocents. I would risk my life to save the life of a child from any faction. In reality almost all inhabitants of RK are decendents of OT employees. There is light in the dark and shadows from the light. No side is free from blemish no side is pure. But those people who live in this world seeking the good for all and not for selfish gain.. who can see past their wallets and their mundane existances as pawns in a age old global conflict... I personally welcome those seeking honor and truth to sit with me at my table.. and those whom speak the languages of hate and war shall meet the tip of my sword.

These children are forever lost to us. Not for the failures of one.. but the arrogance of the many. These Legionaires.. have declared war on us all. If you cannot see that.. then we are doomed to repeat this travesty yet again in our future perhaps many more times until we do.

I pity those ruled by hatred.. I envy those whom can find peace in madness.. but to see this occur and all three of the major civilized governments to not have a better success in this only leads to future weakness in us all.

That the death of these children has lead only to more accusations on all fronts, cries of how this is just another example of how the others act is saddening. That the deaths of children have ben reduced to just another reason for people to spue hate at one another is disheartening.

Children have died, we are all at fault. Children should grow up with out the evils of the world causing them harm, in this we have failed.

We must now see to it that these foul creatures do not visit evil upon children again. We must ALL see to it that this Legion is destroyed, leaf, branch and root.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram
    Our home planet? a proud country? There are no such countries there the closest would be America, it was good for a period of time, until it became in debt. Its economy fell in 2014 and caused a worldwide food shortage. (remember people still needed to eat back then, they didn't have the hunger-suppresants of today).

Omni-tek has survived longer than that so called country, which is more successful?
    OOC: Has this been put down somewhere? Or did you make it up? I cannot find it. If its the first, please point me to it, as I seem to have missed a detail. If its the second, please dont do that. Its dishonest among other things
    Last edited by Darkintent; Mar 22nd, 2006 at 15:46:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    You can also live the way you want within the corporation. Only then you would live legally. Omni Tek does not force you to stay inside an office or do garbage-duty every Sunday afternoon. You, the clans, believe you are free but the only difference in your lifestyle and ours is that we fight for a common cause while you fight for yourself and you own profits.
    Everyone defending the clan "cause" are the ones profitting from constantly continued hostile relation with Omni Tek.
    War makes credits. The clans have nothing to fight over except credits in these modern times.
    Omni Tek does not opress its citizens any longer like they, unfortunately, did by a few mistakes in the past.
    Mistakes, wich ofcourse, were harshly looked upon.

Your "way of life" is nothing but another propaganda-move these days. I walk through the woods and smell the flowers just as much as you.
    A few mistakes? hardly, and as to the claim Omnitek no longer being an oppresive profit seeking corporation, one only needs to look at recent events to know that hasnt changed, few of the issues that made us clans leave in the first place have been resolved. As to profiting from the war, very few members of the clans have anything to gain in terms of wealth from this war.

No, we do not fight fo money, if that was my goal, Id be signing that application form for Omni, I know for a fact id be wealthier

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    The Council of Ares, a Clan alliance brought down the first Council of Truth, blood has been spilled between the Sentinel and other Clans on numerous occasions.
    That is incorrect. The original CoT's own inability to listen to other clans and keep everything secret is what partly lead to it's demise.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

<sighs>
    <pins article to wall>
    <takes out trusty meat cleaver>

WHAM WHAM WHAM...

Yep. And what's with the diatribe about Clans "hating" OT to "keep their identity?" You can tell they don't just hate OT... they're bashing it, twisting the story so as to blame OT for nothing. Just because 4 clan journalists blast off their mouths, that means all of the clans treat OT like manure? I think not...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK
    Clans suffer for Omni-Tek's incompetence!
    March 13, 29480 [Global]

FJRK - March 12, 29480 will stand as another example of the Clans suffering as a result of Omni-Tek's incompetence and brutish methodology.
    While I'm not sure OT can ever truly be incompetent.. however if our incompetence can harm the clans, we should do it more often.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoCrystal
    While I'm not sure OT can ever truly be incompetent.. however if our incompetence can harm the clans, we should do it more often.
    You are talking about the pernament deaths of CHILDREN, who had taken no sides for themselves, no part in this conflict, they were truly innocent, and you say its a good thing? What kind of monster are you? Oh wait, didnt see the OT badge, nevermind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12