Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FJRK: Clans suffer for Omni-Tek's incompetence!

FJRK: Clans suffer for Omni-Tek's incompetence!

Clans suffer for Omni-Tek's incompetence!
    March 13, 29480 [Global]

FJRK - March 12, 29480 will stand as another example of the Clans suffering as a result of Omni-Tek's incompetence and brutish methodology.

It was on that day -- March 12th -- that the sinister nanomage fanatics assaulted the peaceful city of Old Athen. Why? According to some witnesses, these terrorists were shouting things about making residents "pay the price for attacking their facilities." Let's see, who was it who attacked them? Omni-Tek, that's who. Omni-Tek launched a miserable attempt at a "rescue operation" (if you can even call it that), in an attempt to rescue the children captured by these terrorists. The result: three out of the four children found at the facility were killed! One of them was even killed by one of the so-called rescuers. The only survivor, a Clan child, still has not been released to the Clans. No effort has been made to find his or her parents.

When the nanomage terrorists attacked Old Athen, did Omni-Tek come to help us fight? No, instead, they sat back idly as our innocent clansmen and clanswomen were brutally assaulted. That's not to say we need their help, however, as the selfless defenders of the Clan way of life succeeded in defeating these legionaries, but not without paying a heavy price. Many Clanspeople were killed in the battle.

Omni-Tek owes Clans everywhere an apology.

oh look, more slanted journalism at its finest by Clan propagandists

ok, next time, YOU Clans can go rescue your own children, at least Omni-Tek made an effort instead of sitting and whining about it like you, and complain that we won't help you well guess what? WE GOT ATTACKED TOO, our children got abducted too, so did neutrals, yet you will still blame it on us, and yet ask for our help at the same time? you wonder WHY we did'nt help? you would only refuse it or turn it against us.

The Clans wanted independance so badly, you got it, don't come crying to us about anything, it's your responsibility what happens in Athen (which you stole from us anyway).

As for the rescue operation, no don't even go there, you have no conception of what happened, yes one of them were killed by a member of our party, he is a criminal and should be considered a traitor to the corporation. As for the rescued child We have no idea where she is, but she is not in our custody, she was released long ago.

Why the hell does IRRK even consider posting this kind of crap? While we all SHOULD work together to apprehend these criminals, with attitudes like this, how can we?
    Last edited by malewerecat; Mar 13th, 2006 at 17:43:16.

I'm.....inclined to agree. *heavy sigh* ....Clans haven't...haven't been able to do a thing due to the lockout of information on the Legionnaires by Omni-Tek...every bit, every tidbit they know, they have kept from us. And all the while, here we are; our city attacked, my own sanity in danger, and running around in a dark room with our eyes closed.

We've...released a warrant for information on these people, we've tried our very best to investigate and keep the people safe...But nothing's getting us anywhere.

I do know several of the men and women who participated in that assault on the Legionnaire facility did so with all their hearts....They put their all into getting those kids out. Even so...it was nowhere near good enough. I'd even heard rumors that an EMPLOYEE killed one of the children...though, by accident. They aren't monsters...accidents happen, but the point of the matter is that through cooperation, we might have stood a chance of pulling more than one kid out of that nightmare alive...

This one's from me, unofficially, as a clansman and as a human being....And it's to you, Omni-Tek....Release the child. Send her home, where she deserves to be....It's such a hard time here for all the parents of Tir, of Old Athen, and of all other Clan territories...You can see the fear on their faces, and you can smell it in the air. I walk along the streets, and I can see mothers weeping, their child having been gone not for days, not weeks, but MONTHS. I'm tired of seeing it...

And I'm tired of even feeling some of that fear myself...though in a different context.

None of this will come anywhere close to ending unless you, the employees and the decision-makers at Omni-Tek, get off your high horse and ask for some help!! I'm not beyond helping...even if it is Omni-Tek. This is for the kids...

*sigh* I'm...I'm disgusted all over again. Ugh.

PS: And Malewerecat...you think we're not trying?? It's extremely difficult to accomplish anything when Omni-Tek holds a blackout of information regarding these freaks, and the ONLY contact we have with them is either when they attack, or when they're trying to tell me I'm nothing more than some servant. Exactly what kind of tactical data am I supposed to get from an invisible man telling me "You will serve your god, your master well"?! WE are the ones wanting and offering to cooperate...Omni-Tek only turns around and tells us they "need no help" or that "We are the strongest military force in the galaxy", or some other such...such....*growls*

Well, OMNI-TEK FAILED.

Again...to the individuals who tried their best....I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to the administration.
    Last edited by Nulion; Mar 13th, 2006 at 18:13:26.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

No my friend, the Clans failed in their struggle for independence, from this article you can see some are still trying to cling to us when they have no other options.

As for the lack of information, we don't give it out for a good reason, do you know how many extremists clans would love to get their grubby paws on it and use it for corporate terrorism? and Not just the Sentinels, we just can't take that chance.

Our cities are being attacked too, as are neutrals, do you expect us to attend to all of you at once? Do you want us to do everything FOR you?

I would gladly work together with anyone regardless of faction to save those children, but the risks are enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulion
    to the individuals who tried their best....I'm not talking to you.
    I'm one of those individuals...
    Last edited by malewerecat; Mar 13th, 2006 at 19:07:25.

whoops double post

Okay...I apologize for...flying off the handle even a little. But lemme tell you...I never said Omni-Tek had to divulge information publicly, although we (The Council of Truth) will do that readily. What I'm asking is that someone from Omni-Tek be allowed to cooperate with the right people up here, who can and will get things done. We don't expect Omni-Tek to do everything for us...but we do expect a measure of cooperation, at LEAST in terms of information that would let us do something about this whole problem, too. We're not helpless...
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Okay, here’s the deal. There is a deeper motive behind these recent anti-Omni articles on the FJRK. The issue is Clan unity and identity.

The Clans need to hate Omni-Tek, it’s part of their identity. Other than a common ancestry, dislike for Omni-Tek is the only thing that keeps them together. Without Omni-Tek, the Clans just another bunch of Neutrals.

Ideologically the legacy Clans are as far from each other as day from night. The Council of Ares, a Clan alliance brought down the first Council of Truth, blood has been spilled between the Sentinel and other Clans on numerous occasions. It’s not one happy family.

The thing is Omni-Tek has not done anything particularly evil to the Clans for a very long time, or at least it's done nothing that the Clans have not also been doing to Omni-Tek.

With standards of living among the Clan going up thanks to profits from Notum mining and Shadowland exploitation, how do you keep the hate going? How do you make the ordinary Clanner still care about the war?

Answer: you got to rely on your “free” press to keep the fanning the flames.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I have to feel for the Clans...they did seem to be in quiet a huge amount of disarray at the time. I was urmm, passing through Tir at the time on another matter and dropped into Omni-2 later on to see if there was anything I could do to help...sheesh talk about a fired up anti-nanomage crowd. Ok, maybe wearing head to toe black never helped but sheesh, hostility! As was said though, a worrying amount of carnage though with injuries all over it seemed. I do hope that they can try and focus better though and work on assisting all those trying to capture these criminals.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Nyadach...what exactly are you proud of? Your grasp of history and geography? Becouse your post surely lacks neutrality.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    No my friend, the Clans failed in their struggle for independence, from this article you can see some are still trying to cling to us when they have no other options.
    Because of one article, one individual, you assume we have failed? In historic texts, when humanity was still bound to our home planet, there was a country who made a leap similar to ours. When they acheived independance, every setback they had, people around the world cried the same thing. They turned out among the most powerfull in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    Our cities are being attacked too, as are neutrals, do you expect us to attend to all of you at once? Do you want us to do everything FOR you? ...
    Read again, its critisizing your corporation FOR trying to do everything for everyone, just like they always do. They stepped in without giving information that may have saved lives to others, and bungled it, then tried to keep the fact of it happening at all a secret

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    The Clans need to hate Omni-Tek, it’s part of their identity. Other than a common ancestry, dislike for Omni-Tek is the only thing that keeps them together. Without Omni-Tek, the Clans just another bunch of Neutrals.

Ideologically the legacy Clans are as far from each other as day from night. The Council of Ares, a Clan alliance brought down the first Council of Truth, blood has been spilled between the Sentinel and other Clans on numerous occasions. It’s not one happy family.
    Firstly I am not speaking for the Aethyr Knights or The Knights of Avalon, but for myself alone.

I'll not address the political affiliations within the Clans as I am not elected nor selected to do so. I am certain there is some form of dissent in the ranks of the Omni-tek employees though. No society is or ever will be perfect.

I don't hate Omni-Tek as any part of my "identity". I dislike the ideals of Omni-Tek as a whole. There are individuals who are employees of OT because that is simply who they are, whether by choice or heitage. They aren't bad nor do I "hate" them for their opinions.

I simply appreciate the freedom that The Clan offers. I have choices where it seems as though Omni-Tek employees are bound regardless of their views. I can't say for certain as I have never lived under the Omni's laws....directly anyhow.

When it comes to our future, our children we must be united in the effort. Those children who were abducted and subsequently killed (intentionally or not) were a part of the future. The impact they may have made is now lost. The failure was not a fault of The Clans, Omni-Tek, or Neutrals, it was a failure on all parts. We failed the children. We've probably lost the only survivor as well.

I am saddened that nobody can seem to accept that there are certain situations the are well above poitics and opinions. We need to be united in protecting the innocent no matter the political inheritance of those involved. I am fairly certain that those kids did not choose their political affiliation.

Instead of mourning the loss of these children there is a desire to place the blame on somebody's shoulders. I find that truly offensive! The blame falls on The Clan's, Omni-Tek's, and Neutral's shoulders.

Think before you start throwing Leet droppings at somebody.
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. --Isaac Asimov

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. -- John Barrymore

My recent fortune cookie read: "Courage comes through suffering"
    My question is How courageous am I supposed to get??

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintent
    Because of one article, one individual, you assume we have failed? In historic texts, when humanity was still bound to our home planet, there was a country who made a leap similar to ours. When they acheived independance, every setback they had, people around the world cried the same thing. They turned out among the most powerfull in their own right.
    Our home planet? a proud country? There are no such countries there the closest would be America, it was good for a period of time, until it became in debt. Its economy fell in 2014 and caused a worldwide food shortage. (remember people still needed to eat back then, they didn't have the hunger-suppresants of today).

Omni-tek has survived longer than that so called country, which is more successful?
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

Quote Originally Posted by eriton
    I don't hate Omni-Tek as any part of my "identity". I dislike the ideals of Omni-Tek as a whole. There are individuals who are employees of OT because that is simply who they are, whether by choice or heitage. They aren't bad nor do I "hate" them for their opinions.
    You are exactly the reason why articles like this and http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=434291 are being published on FJRK. Too many Clanners these days don't actually hate Onni-Tek anymore. This makes people like Silverstone, Tussa and Astera very nervous.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

As I have said before... without the clans hate towards Omni Tek they have nothing in common.
    That hate was there for a reason in the past but these days it only needs to be kept alive for the sake of continued profit and a higher luxury standard for the clanners at the top of the ladder.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Given enough time, the clans will eventually evolve to the same high standards of personal development, order and efficiency enjoyed by the Omni-Tek citizens. All the signs are there already; government, trade, security forces. It is just sad their way will claim many innocent lives and the rebellion unnecessarily delays this process.

However, they could just take the shortcut offered, and join the corporation right now. The rebellion is futile, as anyone in Omni-Tek is able to see.
    Last edited by Virta; Mar 14th, 2006 at 12:13:42.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

O.o :P

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Too many Clanners these days don't actually hate Onni-Tek anymore.
    I love it when people write opinion as fact. (( ))
    Last edited by Astera; Mar 14th, 2006 at 16:51:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Nyadach...what exactly are you proud of? Your grasp of history and geography? Becouse your post surely lacks neutrality.
    As I said, I had to feel sorry for the state which this attack left Athen. It was total disarray. And fine, I called it by mistake by its old name...sheesh, forgive me for being an old git. It happens when folks change the names of things, you sometimes slip back into calling things by its original names occassionly.

And what business I have with dealing with the Clans, and partically in Tir is my own business...the place isn't hospitable anyhow to some of us even if you might be there trying to do a little something for both our peoples. I just felt that the report here was one which lacked the honesty of what happend was all. It was carnage, and I personally only wish I could of been able to assist your people. And as for the wearing of black...heck how was I to know that these loons where going to attack you while I sat in Tir? want me to call them before leaving my apartment so I don't dress like them sheesh. If I had a contact number for them it wouldn't be to ask them fashion tips, it would be wholely more hostile.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintent
    yes, and that country eventually collapsed under it's own weight, had the highest crime rates in history, as well as suicide, car accidents, and malpracticing doctors.

So is that the fate of the Clans, too?

Wow. These Clan "journalists" just don't stop amazing me...

*prints the article and pins it to the wall*

Quite funny actually!

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

typical journalism at its best you cant say Omni-Tek does the same with its own stories its all about money.... either that or printing lies dont believe everything you read in the news heh thousands of years and different civilizations and we still havent learned....

you would think people would disregard such articles.... oh well I could care less about this article in the end its gonna be no different then what OT has posted in the past about clans.

thats my opinion and if you dont like it.... so what who cares? I personally could care less about how others think in this world... the only concern I have is getting my next payday.

as for this article..... interesting read... but as I said dont believe everything you read I always go to the source for my information. trust me the truth is out there unfortunately people choose not to find out about it and rather harp on about some stupid article... sad really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast