Thread: 7 day trial - game cd

7 day trial - game cd

I have a few of my friends who ordered game CD's so that they could play the free 7 day trial Funcom offers. They got there CD's in the mail, and they werent the current version. Needless to say that they were extremly pissed off when they payed the money to ahve the cd sent to them so they wouldnt ahve to download the game, and they still had to download over 8 hours worth of patches. everyone of them that oredered the CD, has since then thrown there CD's in the trash, one microwaved his, that was funny. but the point is funcom, your offering these 7 day trials as a promotion, but making the people have to download a ridiculous amount of patches, still even after ordering a CD, is not a good way to sell games. my friends have vowed to never by another funcom product.

i myself was pretty pissed because i built a new computer and so i ordered game cd so i could avoid having to download every patch since release, but the current patch is 14.4 and my game cd was version 13.0 thats total ****ing bull****. yall need to get your **** together.
    OrionNT - Clan Nano-Tech
    Member of The Kinghts of Rubi-Ka

Webmaster @ NanoGods

Orion: Prozac, man. Oi.

I patched from 13.0 to 14.2 on a 56K modem. I coped. So should you.

Sheesh, people like to gripe too much.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Mithrull
    Maybe it's their way of weeding out the players who are likely to whine about big patches and download times?

Why would you get the CD? I downloaded my free 7-day trial, didn't cost anything. At all.

If they're going to burn a new stockpile of CD's every time they patch it will cost them a LOT of money. I'd rather see that money spent on fixing and improving, than an ever growing mountain of obsolete CD's.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?