Thread: My 210 nanomage engi challange

My 210 nanomage engi challange

My challange for level 210 was to do everything without unequiping my weapons, and with no perk resets. I wanted this so I can swap between the different configurations with just item reconfiguration and some buffs.
    Again, leveling would have been much easier. I did this to show myself I could, and I'm posting it in case someone finds it usefull.

So what can you do as nanomage engi at 210 (other than what you could do at 205, which I gather is dying, rerolling and the such)
    • Get 1000 int so you can wear full ql300 arith. Here is the setup, and I needed only 2 Genius perks, which I had anyway. The only buffs are Composites and NS, and I have the HQ bonus and used an Extruder Bar.
    • Get 1100 int to max T3. Here I needed 3 Genius perks, NS and the HQ bonus.
    • Make ql300 AI armor (from Pristine). The only problem is 1800 psychology. Here is how I did it. I only needed 3 perks in genius and 1 in The Unknown Factor, or 2 in The Unknown Factor. On top of it I had Composites, Psychology Expertise, Authority Figure, NS (unnecasary if you go for 2 in Unknown Factor) and the HQ bonus.
    • Equip ql300 pistol. This one was really hard. Mainly, I didn't want to make any new supple armor other than what I already use. I ended up with This setup, on top of which I had Composites, ES, FG the HQ bonus, and a 153 wrangle. I ended up with 2004 pistol, so you can probably get there with a lower wrangle if you have some zods twinking items.

So I feel ready for 215.... I wonder if there is anything else to twink before 220. I can't really think of any.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Engie in commandos looks sexy (you should get something else than that fugly chestplate though.. rbp/spirit shroud? ^^), I think I should start leveling my opi again. Gj anyway, now go OD people, and prove that engies can be good dds

P.S. I bet you get a lot of "gsf, hot and ncu pls", I know I do.
    Last edited by Rubera; Mar 12th, 2006 at 22:15:58.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Rubera
    Engie in commandos looks sexy (you should get something else than that fugly chestplate though.. rbp/spirit shroud? ^^), I think I should start leveling my opi again. Gj anyway, now go OD people, and prove that engies can be good dds

P.S. I bet you get a lot of "gsf, hot and ncu pls", I know I do.
    Sure would love rbp or shroud. Can't afford the first, wont camp the 2nd. And the T3 backpiece is broken. I really see no other option.
    Yes, I do get the odd ncu request, and they are much better than the "Can you make me 1 imp" ones.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Yes, I think notum scourges hate engies. My doc got the shroud in 83 kills, my nt in 8 kills, and I stopped counting at 500 kills on engie

Odd, I'm wearing the brown cloak but as soon as they see my bot the "make me imp" requests start coming in and the "**** off" replies start going out
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    Sure would love rbp or shroud. Can't afford the first, wont camp the 2nd. And the T3 backpiece is broken. I really see no other option.
    What about HNTA, Scorpio Shell, Notucomm or Flower Guard Triplate? (also camping shroud is not so bad, just do a run through whenever you log on or after you finish a pen mission or something - you'd be surprised how many kills you get a week if you just make a schedule)
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by RedKross
    What about HNTA, Scorpio Shell, Notucomm or Flower Guard Triplate? (also camping shroud is not so bad, just do a run through whenever you log on or after you finish a pen mission or something - you'd be surprised how many kills you get a week if you just make a schedule)
    Well, this isn't a back item post, but the subject is always intersting
    For me a back item should have 1200+ ACs, have some nice bonuses, and must not cover my other armor, as I think Commandos is sexah. Evades are quite uselss for me, as they are too low to count.
    T3 would have been my choice other than it's bugged - nice health bonus.
    The shroud would be my second choice, nice bonuses.
    HNTA is an option, but for only 180 health, and some evades (which are kinda useless with the low evades I have) I don't think it's worth the cost, but I would put it as an option.
    The Chest Plate I use has nice AC and helps in tradeskills.
    Scorpio Shell - if I manage 1000 str and sta as a nanomage at 210, or indeed even at 220, you will see a post here with details
    Notucomm - Evades again, and covers armor
    Flower Guard Triplate I never really considered. I assume it covers the armor, didn't see it recently to remember. And the bonuses are so-so.

As for camping shroud, as soon as I get the pen ring I'll probably do exactly what you say. For now the effort of putting back the helmet makes it much harder.

I thought NMs have problems with agility, not stamina. And a Notum Scourge is at best a slow kill for a 210 engineer.
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernment
    I thought NMs have problems with agility, not stamina. And a Notum Scourge is at best a slow kill for a 210 engineer.
    Agility and strength are dark blue, as most pistoleros are running around with a r-arm symb the shell will be OE even at 220, unless you use red belt. I like my yellow belt though
    Last edited by Rubera; Mar 13th, 2006 at 15:35:51.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernment
    Odd, I'm wearing the brown cloak but as soon as they see my bot the "make me imp" requests start coming in and the "**** off" replies start going out
    Try equipping a ql12 kyr sword, worked wonders for me. No tradeskill/buff requests at all.

Muah I'll try to help you with str, I got my hands on a 300 rh last night so i've got about a month of perking and grabing items no idea if I can get 2k treatment and 1.2k str though but i'll make sure to build up a list of stuff. Sucks that Oceng left game he had about 4 of every twinking item in game and had like 270 symbs in I think.

Try equipping a ql12 kyr sword, worked wonders for me. No tradeskill/buff requests at all.
    Hehe so true ... using the same thing to avoid 131s on my trader

Engie in commandos looks sexy (you should get something else than that fugly chestplate though.. rbp/spirit shroud? ^^)
    An RBP as replacement for the chestplate? I don't dare to say what I find more fugly of the two

.oO(some day I'll make a chat macro especially for RBP wearers... /tell %t Weren't you told on noob island that you can use backpacks from the inventory too?)

I've never tried it on a nanomage, but on a large slim solitus, the LNT looks quite good. and the color fits nicely to arithmetic or combineds. too bad the shroud of darkest night isn't allowed for engis..
    Last edited by Shaoleet; Mar 14th, 2006 at 02:32:41.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen
    Muah I'll try to help you with str, I got my hands on a 300 rh last night so i've got about a month of perking and grabing items no idea if I can get 2k treatment and 1.2k str though but i'll make sure to build up a list of stuff. Sucks that Oceng left game he had about 4 of every twinking item in game and had like 270 symbs in I think.
    Oh, I know perfectly well how to reach 1k str, just not at 210 and not without many perk resets. My challange for 210 was to do stuff without perk resets.
    Two major ingredient for serious str buffing are very hard to get. The first is of course the red belt, currently the most expensive item (pointwise) in zods/tnh. The second is a pair of Freedom Arms 3927 G2.
    Even with those, 1.2k str seems to me beyond the capability of a nanomage, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll check when I get to 220, I have plenty to go first.