Thread: Soldiers?

Soldiers?

Whats this? Soldiers should be doing the most damage? Thats not fair, whats the use in melee then? We cant touch any rooting classes, soldiers can. Enforcers can kill rooters a.k.a. HALF of the professions. Give us Enforcers/Melee Classes some sort of advantage here. It really doesnt matter how much dmg i can do if i cant touch the person anywayz. Make rage really cheap and effective, that way they can get their roots off and some extra damage without having direct contact for too long, but in the end we will be able to fight them man to man, woman to woman . This way seems managable, if you are looking for fixes for your game, look at the players. Thats where all the true idea come from. I dont see any other way that we can fix this.

In favor of soldiers i will rant here. A 185 fixer can solo trash king, tanking him with his HoT blaring and his supressor roaring, but a soldier cannot. My guild leader, 191 Soldier cannot tank Trash King, i have, though, seen a 185 fixer tank trash king (not even using root n run). Changes need to be made here. Get Soldiers some Str/Stam buffs like essences so they can wear armor equal to ours. Or better yet give them Str/Agi buffs to make the classes more diverse. Get them some Soldier only armor that uses Str/Agi so they can have some sort of advantage over a fixer.

Another thing is to nerf trader PvP altogether. Even the name "Trader" does not allow for PvP. Flame away: it will make you look greedy and selfish if you support boosting everything on a particular class making them ulti-uber. When you chose the trader class you shouldnt have chosen it if you were planning on lots of MMD raids. I am not a trader but i agree that they *should* be able to level up off of tradeskills alone. If you arent going to allow for Tradeskill leveling, boost their PvM and nerf their PvP altogether so they couldnt even kill an engi. It is absolute garbage that a "fighting" class cannot touch a "Trader". Ludicrous Rediculous. The other day in a mission i was fighting a trader mob that divested me and debuffed me, my weap was 25% effective and no nanos. That means not even a soldier with a QL200 Nova could kill a Trader with a QL100 crap sprayer.

Make for some melee class changes quick. Especially the enforcers, afterall MAs can use Gun-Fu ;]. It will be a sad day when you see me at level 200 PvPing with a Vektor Shotgun as an enforcer. It will be even sadder if i cant afford the IP for a shotgun and just avoid fighting with my "fighting" class. get on it! And i mean next patch! This is a HUGE issue here. Put me on developing team if you dont feel like it

/me thinks its time for a flame, but then again i think others will point out flaws in your thinking

lol..i love that people demand realism and then non realistic thing in the same post.

WHen was the last time you saw anything tanking a giant robot that in the real world wouldnt even be able to stand up straight?

this is a game...every prof has advantages, every prof has disadvantages. Soldiers, nts, and engies are definately on the gimp end, but no class is unplayable.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Yeah those melee classes by far are the most gimped. MAs and Enfs need a love patch. Bahahaha.

Really, the advantage against melee classes is to root them. Maybe an ample idea would be to give the melee classes a root, so when or if they get close enough to a target it'll have trouble getting away while taking damage. perhaps a stun of some rare weak sort. But really, fine as they are against melee.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Why d poeple...

assume that there are support classes and fighting classes. I think its pretty evident that all classes are fighting classes, just that some happen to have an easier time doing trade skills than others. I dont understand the thought process that says, hey im an uber-leet MA, i should be able to kill 8 engineers and 4 traders at the same time, they are support classes, wtf.

Angry When will you guys understand ?

Whats this? Soldiers should be doing the most damage?
    Wrong.
    I'm tired of pointing this out.
    Now record this in your heads, once and for all :

No, we are not supposed to be doing the most damage.

Yes, we are supposed to be doing the most hell out of damage USING RANGED WEAPONRY.
    - Scarlito -

Assuming that none of you have PvPed with a melee class..

You probably enjoy killing all the melee classes as your fixer or Agent or what not so you may not want a fix for melee classes. But im telling you the truth, we are useless againt rooters. All i can do is fight MAs, soldier, adventurers, since there are not many soldiers or adventureres around, based by my time sitting at arena or in MMD, i am faced to dual MAs over and over again. This is not fun. Leveling is retarded if there isnt going to be any point of it, which is about all melee classes are good for. We take all the damage and make sure you guys dont die so you can level faster. Killing MOBs is easy with any class solo, so wheres the advantage of having a melee class? Tell me.

your 19x soldiermust be gimped i solo TK since 165 or so being a soldier...

The advantages that melee has over ranged are thusly-

1) No reload. As a soldier with a nova flow I spend a good 1/8th or so of my time reloading.

2) attacking while moving. When chasing somebody down if your in range (and with rage you should be) you'll be whacking em the whole time. Ranged users have to stop to shoot.

And ya know, when an enforcer can whack someone with their beam half way across the arena I think you have more then enough range already to not worry about your gimped range.

And infamine, you have bracers for the trashking doncha? a nice 70% refect running during the whole fight yes? Cause I can say without a doubt that I have absolutely no chance against the trashking at lvl 160. Or is there some other way you can solo him at 165 with a soldier, I would love to learn how , please share.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Yeah I soloed the Trash King at like 155 or so... or at least I would have if the Lackey hadn't spawned and AoE'ed me to death right before TK died.
    RETIRED

You are absolutely right sredni. I agree soldiers have it bad, i can kill soldiers and i have killed plenty higher level then me. I have also killed MAs 12 levels higher then me at level 60. Thats not the issue. I'm not arguing that we are worse than soldiers, but when it comes to fighting rooting classes we are obsolete. Yes, Nano-Techs should by far be the most powerful class, obviously they use magic. But when it comes to fighting a thief (fixer), shopkeepers (trader), business men (bureaucrats) fighting classes should have the upperhand, which we do not with melee.

Enforcers have been left off the list for so long because everyone knows they can kill MOBs. MOB killing is great, until you get bored with it. I want more of a challenge. Fighting computer AI is not stimulating at all. Having a challenge fighting someone that uses logic and strategy is. THough, it is not fun when right form the start you have no chance at all to compete. Make it as difficult as youd like but at least make it *possible* for a melee class to win.

My response to Infamine, i dont actually play a 191 soldier but i have talked to my guild leader. She uses full MKII Armor, Hanshi Primus Coat, and a QL200 Suppressor (not sure what kind but i do believe she knows what shes doing considering she is on most wanted list) and cannot kill trashking. The fixer (Empx) can and i saw him kill it easily. Just stating the facts, since i do not play either a fixer or soldier at that level, im not going to get into it.

you're all wrong...

before we can do anything about soldiers, we have to make sure the new adventurer "leet friend" line get a workover... it has been found to give the adventurer far too many advantages over all other professions...

also, i think that <insert your current prof> should really whoop the a$$ of anything in sight, even something in next zone should die as I buff up.

dont get me wrong... soldiers need some love.
    Last edited by Luuvchild; Aug 12th, 2002 at 03:00:09.

This is a troll post, not worth saying more than a few lines.

Soldiers main gripe is not damage related. It's stupid nano lines, very sparse and spaced out nano lines (needs more in between), and lack of originality.

The ranged weaponry thing is a game problem. I think rather than tweak the game, hopefully they will make some stackable soldier only self buffs. Off the top of my head, a nano that could be used at say level 160 or so, that gives 100 to every ranged weapon skill, is a +30 ranged damage buff, and increases ranged init 200. I mean these are no-brainers, real easy to come up with ways to make us the best at ranged damage at high end, where it's lacking.

Soldiers are happy with our damage output. Show me a thread where someone says they aren't that has more than 2 replies to it. The only damage related gripe is the fact that at 150-200 we become the same in ranged damage as any class that gets IP (all for those slow ones).

I wish this thread could be locked, don't waste your breath anyone else. Let this tripe fall off. Go ahead and address me, guess who won't reply?
    Borxet