Thread: Director Moscardelli Steps Down as Director – Dimitar New Director – Transcript

Post Director Moscardelli Steps Down as Director – Dimitar New Director – Transcript

This is a transcript of the important conference annouced by Director Moscardelli a few days ago.

Begin of Logfile: 03.11.2006 - GMT

High Res Photos of the event can be found here

[Vicinity] Kashta: Alright. Director Moscardelli!
    [Vicinity] Kashta: I present you. Director Moscardelli!
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: looks upon the crowd while waving her hand in a welcoming gesture.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Welcome everyone to my sub-department’s main complex.
    [Vicinity] Ashemeth: We love you Swifty!
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I thank you all for attending today’s important conference.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Today I have a very important announcement to make. This announcement is based off of a very difficult decision I had to make recently.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Today I officially announce that I will be stepping down as Director of my sub-department of Omni-Mining.
    [Vicinity] Senobyte looks shocked
    [Vicinity] Nyadach: Uh?
    [Vicinity] Vincentprice sighs
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: The reasons for my departure steam from several personal reasons as well as an opportunity that has arisen. An opportunity…
    [Vicinity] Ashemeth: Oh man...we all know who'll get the mantle...
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind turns her head toward to Dimitar then back
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: …that I could not miss.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I have been offered the position of Director of Omni-Engineering on an Omni-Tek planet called Pearlous which is the main planet of the Heathiar Systems.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: The Heathiar Systems are a collection of planets that are very prominent in scientific research for Omni-Tek. For example, the planet Pearlous’ research encompasses the fields of genetics, anonymous materials and terraforming processes.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Anyway, as most of you know I am a big fan of scientific research.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I feel advances in science and technology should always be perused regardless of wars, politics, budget worries and other issues.
    [Vicinity] Dabblez nods
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind gives a quick glace at Dimitar
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Thus a position as Director of Omni-Engineering on such a planet is something I can not miss out on.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind pauses for a moment
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I have been the Director of my sub-department for over three years.
    [Vicinity] Ziithka: Could you take a FREDA with you? I hear it is messy there
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: During this time I have seen our ups and downs yet we still progressed very successfully. My Employees and I have been through a lot together.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: We have seen this sub-department go from a small group of employees into the forefront of public interest. I hate to leave a group that I consider my best friends but it seems that now is a time for change.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: The man standing next to me will be the new Director of my sub-department.
    [Vicinity] Ashemeth looks relieved
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: He goes by the name of Dimitar and he is the official replacement sent from Omni-Prime.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: He will also be replacing me as Chairperson of Project Infinite Circle.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I am sure his new ideas and manners will bring this sub-department into a new age of prosperity.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind pauses and nods
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I now call Dimitar to speak so that he can introduce himself. After he will take an oath and will be passed the position of Director. Dimitar if you please…
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: looks toward Dimitar and gestures to move up to the center. After which she walks off towards the side.

[Vicinity] Dimitar: Thank you, Director Moscardelli.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar Citizens of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: I am Dimitar Krumova, the new Director of Omni-Mining Rubi-Ka.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: I have only recently arrived into this world from Omni-Prime after I was assigned to the position of director of Omni-Mining Rubi-Ka by the Board of Omni-Tek.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: To tell the truth, at first I wasn't all that excited to move to Rubi-Ka, but after my arrival I've grown to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of this planet, the diversity of the terraformed biosphere and the versatility of bio-engineered plants and animals. This world, this frontier, is truly filled with challenges and marvels not encountered anywhere else.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: Really, I'm excited about the challenge ahead of me, and I'm sure we'll be working together seamlessly. My previous experience in Omni-AF gives me the insight needed to succesfully face and conquer the various situations us at Omni-Mining Rubi-Ka will in the near future surely face.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: The continuing exportation of notum from Rubi-Ka is our first and foremost priority, and as the demand for notum steadily grows all around the galaxy, so does our workload here at the very source of the wondrous element. Heightened production rates will naturally create more revenue, too, and I assure you that all citizens of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka will benefit from the profits.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar pauses for a moment
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: The world of Rubi-Ka is deeply wounded with strife, and it is our duty to work with all our might to end the ongoing war and bring peace and stability all over. I'll do everything in my power to meet that end, as peace will ensure prosperity for all.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: So hear my words, citizens. The acts of those who hate peace and wish to bring violence and hatred upon us all will not be tolerated. Such terror has no place in civilized society, the Omni-Tek.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: We, the citizens of Omni-Tek, will learn from the mistakes of the past and grow ever stronger.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: Omni-Tek Protects!
    [Vicinity] Virta: Omni-Tek Protects!
    [Vicinity] Vincentprice claps

[Vicinity] Swiftmind: Thank you Dimitar
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind claps
    [Vicinity] Senobyte applauds
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I will now make Dimitar take an oath of leadership for Omni-Mining. After which he will be given the position of Director.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind turns towards Dimitar

[Vicinity] Swiftmind: Raise your right hand.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar raises his hand
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I, Dimitar Krumova, herby pledge
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: I, Dimitar Krumova, herby pledge
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: to follow the demands and wishes of my corporate superiors
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: to follow the demands and wishes of my corporate superiors
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: while maintaining an honest, fair and forgiving friendship
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: while maintaining an honest, fair and forgiving friendship
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: with my employees.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: with my employees.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I will make sure I and my employees
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: I will make sure I and my employees
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: will uphold and follow the Code of Conduct at all times.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: will uphold and follow the Code of Conduct at all times.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I will always strive to do the very best for my employees
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: I will always strive to do the very best for my employees
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: while brining glory to our great corporate family that is Omni-Tek.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: while brining glory to our great corporate family that is Omni-Tek.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: You may now lower your hand.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar lowers his hand

[Vicinity] Swiftmind puts out her hand to shake Dimitars hand
    [Vicinity] Humming claps rigidly
    [Vicinity] Dimitar shakes Swiftmind's hand
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I here by promote you, Dimitar, to the rank of Director thus replacing my position.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Congratulations on your new position!
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: Thank you.
    [Vicinity] Humming claps rigidly
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind claps
    [Vicinity] Dabblez claps politely

[Vicinity] Kashta: Thank you, Director Krumova, Ms. Moscardelli.
    [Vicinity] Kashta: Allow me to introduce myself too, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Kashta Nagala, Director Krumova's personal secretary. If you ever wish to contact the Director, please make any appointments through me.
    [Vicinity] Kashta smiles
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind looks over slightly surprised
    [Vicinity] Kashta: Now, if everyone would turn their attention to the park area, please.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: The park?
    [Vicinity] Kashta: Please move to the park area.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: hmmm...very well

[Vicinity] Dimitar: My predecessor as the director of Omni-Mining, Ms. Cristin Moscardelli, has done great job, make no mistake of that. I intend to follow her footsteps for the most part, but there will be some slight changes due to changes in galactical economy and the heightened demand of notum all over galaxy.
    [Vicinity] Dabblez: You've worked hard for it
    [Vicinity] Nyadach: Very sad Swiftmind
    [Vicinity] Nanoforge: Changes?
    [Vicinity] Nanoforge: What sort of Changes?
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: To honour Director Moscardelli's legacy, a statue will be erected here in Clon****, so that all the employees of Omni-Mining and Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka shall remember her deeds and her way. She made Omni-Mining what it is today, and for that we are grateful for her.
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: Without further ado, I present you:
    [Vicinity] Dabblez claps
    [Vicinity] Dimitar: Statue of Cristin Swiftmind Moscardelli, the long time Director of Omni-Mining.

[Vicinity] Dimitar applauds
    [Vicinity] Kashta applauds
    [Vicinity] Aamtyrll Applauds
    [Vicinity] Nanoforge applauds
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind is surprised
    [Vicinity] Deagnor applauds
    [Vicinity] Nyadach cheers
    [Vicinity] Vincentprice applauds
    [Vicinity] Nyadach sad day
    [Vicinity] Willone applauds

The transcript continues

[Vicinity] Swiftmind: I…I am speechless.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind walks over to the statue
    [Vicinity] Deagnor: steps further away from the odd device...
    [Vicinity] Nanoforge: Truely a work of art...
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: look up at the statue and back towards the crowd
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Thank you for this honor my friends. This is something I did not expect. I must have done something right to get a statue built in my honor.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind laughs

[Vicinity] Swiftmind: But I should not be the only one honored here today. With out the help of many friends my sub-department would not be as successful as it is today.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Over my three years I have amassed a fortune.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Since I do not need a lot of money on the planet I am going too, I feel it is best to donate the extra money to various people and groups who have helped Omni-Mining over the years.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Those mentioned can meet me after I am finished to get their donation.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: First off I am donating 100 million credits to Omni-Mining’s bank.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I would like to money to be used to help pay for the monthly bills and help any members who are slightly low on credits.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: The Omni-Mining Employees are the best people I know on Rubi-Ka and deserving of a generous donation.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Second I would like to donate 25 million credits to Arimathea and Obsoleet.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Arimathea has generously let us use some of her web server to host the Omni-Mining forums and gallery.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: She deservers a big thanks from all of Omni-Mining for this generosity.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Obsoleet as an organization has also helped Omni-Mining in the past with a bunch of things pertaining to security and other events.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Next I would like to donate another 25 million credits to Dabblez and Rubi-Ka Universal Robots.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Dabblez and RUR are the best friends and allies we have had on Rubi-Ka. Dabblez has always helped me with event and story planning which is a big help.
    [Vicinity] Flickaa: Huray Swiftmind
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: RUR has always been an active participate in OM events plus being general good friends to talk too.
    [Vicinity] Senobyte: woot creds!!!!
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Omni-Pol is the next group I would like to thank; more specifically Virta, Ukblizzard and Khuri.
    [Vicinity] Dabblez glares at Senobyte
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I will donate 20 million to Omni-Pol.
    [Vicinity] Flickaa: wa hoot party time
    [Vicinity] Senobyte coughs and shuts up
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Virta has always been a good friend to me. He has helped with many things such as building some of the buildings you see around us currently.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Ukblizzard and Khuri have also been good friends in the past year and a half. They put a lot of work in to the Board of Directors website while dealing with my bureaucratic ways (being slow at doing something I said or never doing it at all ).
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: They have also been helpful contacts for us, always relying our request for assistance and generally nice people to talk too.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Lastly I would like to thank the Nanomage Liberation Front…well in an OOC way.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I will give another 20 million to them.
    [Vicinity] Senobyte grins
    [Vicinity] Dabblez smiles
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I am sure you all know that OM and the NLF have always been at odds with each other. This has lead to many interesting events, conflicts and stories that always got a lot of attention.
    [Vicinity] Nanoforge laughs a bit
    [Vicinity] Collodion applauses
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: The NLF behind the scenes has always been a very nice group of people; always willing to sit down and plan up new interesting RP things to do.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind pauses

[Vicinity] Swiftmind: Well that is it for my money donations. To others I did not mention today I am sorry.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I have come to know a lot of people over the course of my leadership.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: But to everyone again thank you for making my time as Director a memorable time.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: Good luck to Dimitar with his new position, I am sure he will do well. I do hope everyone gives him the same respect as they have given me.
    [Vicinity] Swiftmind: I thank you for coming to today’s event. The conference is now over. You are all welcomed to remain and enjoy the area.

Created with Khuri's ChatCon

I'm sorry I couldn't be there Director Moscardelli, some other issues kept me away. Allow me to wish you all the best with your new position and thank you for the excellent cooperation.

((ooc: my PC was broke, sorry I couldn't be there. Best of luck with whatever you are up to))
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Right.

[I'm sorry to hear this, Swiftmind. You were always a good person and head of Omni-Mining. I hope you'll enjoy whereever it is you're going and that Omni-Mining is in good hands in the new leadership]
    Last edited by Tussa; Mar 13th, 2006 at 22:19:39.

((unfortunately I was unable to attend. Had plans in RL. I wish you the best of luck whereever life decides to take you))

((Wow! You've been such a big part of the AO RP community for such a long time, Swiftmind; you're going to be very missed.

Good luck and have fun wherever life takes you. ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

((OOC hope you come back and visit us loons here sometime soon ))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Congratulations Dimitar!

[Good luck Swiftmind. It has been fun! I still remember seeing Omni-Mining recruitment messages when I was very very new, that was almost 3 years ago, and the sense of wonder when discovering the RP side of the things . Probably first of the larger events I took part was with the cyborg token board, and the attack on the cyborgs in the valley. Frighteningly you designated this new OP recruit as a leader of one of those teams. And countless of other things which I remember being a part of during the years! ]
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix