Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubi 2 ???

I've yet to see an event, and nobody I've talked to has witnessed one either. Do what I do, petition daily complaining about our lack of events, it's now 21 eventless days since story launch.

I did see a player event yesterday that was interesting, the gm's even did a world announcement to let everyone know about it. To bad they couldn't get off their but's to get rid of the guards spamming their amnesty crap.

I have this to say to funcom, I paid for this game same as an rk1'er, I'm paying the same monthly fee as an rk1'er, and I expect to get the same product. So far I'm not.

well that event did take place on RK 2 there is a full log of the event here

http://www.ao-basher.com/mem_show_comments.php
    memcoid=557&memcategory=1

the link doesnt work to well from the BB here just cut the whole url including the memblahblah bit and you will get to the right place.

Well, I think Funcom should either:

a) Run events evenly between RK1 and RK2 (with maybe more Euro-timezone events on RK2, since it seem to have the majority of the Euro players).

b) Merge dimensions.

My main character is on RK2, and I've invested way too much time on him to start again on RK1. I would very much like to see a story event. Even one. Right now, I'm on both European (Finnish) time and on RK2, so I'll probably never see anything of the story.

Sigh.

Thanks

Just wanted to say Thank You for the support on this issue fellow ao players. It is apparent that funcom is not going to answer this issue. I hope they have read between the lines on the many posts about Rubi 2.

Mistell

Talking look harder =)

Funcom *has* answered about this today. Check the official answers forum.

Ill go check it out.

Thanks for letting me know reality.

Angry I would like a answer

I have played on rbk2 since day 1, account started in july so I have been with ao for almost 6 months now.

NOT once have I played on rbk1 so anyone out there that claims everyone has a main char on rbk1 is full of it!

AND I AM AMERICAN SO DON'T HAND THIS CRAP ABOUT 90% POP IS EURO, MUST OF MY FRIENDS AND GUILD MEMBERS ARE AMERICANS!

I would like an answer from funcom as to why only rbk1 is getting events from the stroy and rbk2 is not? And I would also like to know when we can start seeing something take place on rbk2?

rbk2 is becomeing more and more a pvp/ hit and heal server everyday, I am loseing intrest in this game, it's this same crap everyday login: do missions, get money and exp, due implants, shop, and logoff! What is the fun in that?

Ao is nothing more than a glorified chat enegine to me now!

I have to much time invested in my chars on rbk2 to reroll on another server!

(when SWG comes out I am leaving this game in a heart beat unless funcom can give this game some meaning!)
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Since we lost so many people after 12.6 there is no need for two dimensions. We can easily fit everyone on RK1. They should just merge the databases. Since they were smart enough to not allow name collisions, i dont see why this shouldnt be straightforward.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Yea, if they have a name collision when they merge, they just delete the newer character. What's so hard about that? Problem solved!
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Thumbs down hmm

Originally posted by Snarf
    Since we lost so many people after 12.6 there is no need for two dimensions. We can easily fit everyone on RK1. They should just merge the databases. Since they were smart enough to not allow name collisions, i dont see why this shouldnt be straightforward.

Snarf
    If you goto the char look up on the webpage and put in just about anyname you will notice there is 1 on rbk1 and rbk2, and they are not the same people. I did this with 2 of my chars and guess what, someone else had the same name!

So I don't bleave that will fix it.

Originally posted by Luxxan
    Yea, if they have a name collision when they merge, they just delete the newer character. What's so hard about that? Problem solved!

Luxxan
    Yeah you thought that one out before you opened your mouth!

For some of us that has a lvl 50-60 on rbk2 (and spent a couple of month's makeing them perfect) and a char on rubk1 has a lvl 80 char with the same name and you are to tell me my char will be deleted, you can so count on me leaving AO if that happens!

So this is not a means of a fix, the easier fix is to put the story line on rbk2 also or just make it an all out pvp server like eq has where there is only 25% gas everywhere you go on rbk2!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Look what I found

THIS (post from cosmik in there)
    Last edited by Yazule; Nov 28th, 2001 at 16:19:17.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Hmm...

From what I remember, they didn't originally allow the same name on both servers. Now they do.

A way to merge the dimensions would involve downtime (if they didn't add this row in their DB during design). Add a row in the DB that has a server ID. That way both of my Solara NT's can be in the same dimension at the same time, because one of them will have the server ID of 1, the other the server ID of 2. Or they could use the real name field for this, unless they allow those to be duped.

Didn't they originally say inter-dimension travel would be allowed?

Skara

Along with a few other Clan side leaders we had a small meeting with Fadinaway In the Happy Rebel in Tir. I wont go into it as its covered elsewhere but one thing that did come up.

FC need European ARK's. So please get applying. Its not a complete soloution to the many issues but would be a step in the right direction.

we rubi-2 players can enjoy the storyline too!

just goto ao-basher or stratics and read about what is happening with it on rubi-1.

voila you are now *enjoying* the storyline

i can handle a slightly buggy game at times, that is not totally balanced yet and all....but nowhere when i started playing and choose RK2 did they mention it will be totally ignored when it comes to how the game evolves and the story. This is 1 issue that actually could make me leave the game.

Ditto cman

Edit:

Actually I better point a few things out here too. It may sound egotistical and like im boasting but I make no appologies for that.

I run the largest Clan on RK2 (many would say the best too I might add *smirks*) I have around 35-40 active members not including alts of the main members. I have a lot of friends in game and we all (on the whole) do like the game BUT and that BUT is one big BUT. RK2 is ignored. We will as a whole leave if its not fixed. As will our friends or many of them.

As stated above I talked with Faid/Mr Goodwin. We were to get an email with ideas together and send it to him. I dont think this email has happened BUT the reason being, why it hasnt, is the vast majority of players dont want to spend the time thinking and creating these events. Call it the TV generation or lazziness or maybe folks are just tired after work/school/collage/uni etc that they dont want to bother BUT they still would like to be entertained. We pay, we got a game fair enough. BUT it hasnt, so far events wise/story wise, with regards to RK2 lived up to its promises. Dont get me wrong I like AO as a game a lot. I beleive it is the best out there at the current time and has a good company behind it BUT. That BUT needs to be adressed. Either merge the servers or change the servers to one pvp/one story or whatever you have to do but it needs sorting out. As to the email (*feels hes loosing the thread and flow here*) people havent replied to Souldust because they dont see it as their job they see it as FC's job to entertain us. We are paying afterall. Paying for promises...

Hell I put up with UO and OSI (damn the fudgers all to heck) so AO and FC are a light from dog in online gaming to me but still RK2 is neglected totally. Fix it or loose the revenue its simple economics. As I can feel a rant coming on Ill stop now before I say something I will regret.
    Last edited by Asterz; Dec 5th, 2001 at 17:15:57.

Oops! I appear to have bumped this thread

*looks innocent*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12