Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubi 2 ???

Angry Rubi 2 ???

I would like to know why Rubi 2 is not being given the same attention as the Rubi 1 server. As I understood it events were to be held on both servers. What I read of the cyborg invasion held on Rubi 1 makes me believe that it was part of the story line...

I am suprised that Rubi 2 players have not voiced an opinion about this. Do the players of Rubi 2 have any opinion about this?

From what I've heard it seems RK2 is dead. And maybe someone at FC also realized that and didn't bother go through all the work of running the events on RK2. After all, it's just a small portion of the players that actually play on RK2, so why bother right? And most of them have a main character on RK1 anyways.

Angry Merge Dimensions

So if that is true they better merge dimensions soon... I have noticed a steady decline of players on rubi 2. Funcom can we get some answers on why Rubi 2 is left in the dark and what future plans do you have for the server. I noticed many posts in other threads about this - would be nice if you can make an official sticky for it.

Thanks,

Mistell

Thumbs down

Its not dead yet but the Neglect is slowly killing it. The majority of players on Rubi2 that play it "properly" dont have characters on Rubi1 or have invested too much time on Rubi2 to go back. I have no problem with FC getting rid of Rubi2 but if they do they MUST allow us to take or characters or we will simply leave a decent game and only FC will loose out. There are a load of good players on R2 ready too do something and make a difference but a little bit more from FC wouldnt hurt.

couldnt agree with asterz more, i see no "story" like activity on RK2 at all we log on we kill mobs we logg off rinse repeat some of us try to role play things but nothing ever happens boredom is setting in slowly but surely i dont have a main character on RK1 and have played 99.9 % of my time on RK2 and the story is non existant there

RK1

Umm, No I don't have a char on RK1, i have too much time invested in RK2 to bother switching. besides, most of my friends play on 2. the lack of story stuff on rk2 is apalling. especially when we WERE told that yes, they would indeed have events on RK2 as well. but they haven't really had any.

A dimension merger would not bother me in the least, as long as my characters came with me. otherwise i would not classify it as a merger.

Unhappy rk2 only

I have only 1 character, and he is RK2 based....

I've been waiting patiently for story stuff 2 start and am dismayed by this thread....

Are we gonna be ignored? Is RK2 a wasted ghetto?

It better not be, or I'm leaving.... and demanding a refund as well.

I've been building up my character waiting for the promised story which is the core of AO. And we on RK2 better get it.

OR allow us into RK1 and shut down the second dimension.

Waiting for an official answer here.....
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Angry Rubi-ka 2

Put It in the story! I do not feel like spending more time on developing another character just because the story is not on one of the realms(or whatever you ppl call it). People that play on 2 should have just as much fun as the ppl that play on 1, We both payed for this game, and pay for it every month.

Angry aye we want some real event on RK2

If funcom is not able to put story on RK2 they need let us make your own but be always ready when we need something....

Malicea
    Leader of Phoenix
    sw.altajeux.com

Question RK2

My only character is on RK2, and it would be very nice to know if there gonna be some events at all on RK2, and I will also know what plans FC have made for the future concerning RK2.

As for my self I have no interest of switching over to RK1 with out getting my Char with me, and I dont think any of my friends would do so either.

From what I have heard from unofficial sources the status of RK2 will be decided early in or during the next year?

And since we are paying for a product we should get what we pay for.

any reply would be apreciated

I have been very patient up till now, but im slowly getting more and more annoyed with how things are developing. The story speaks off "Rubi Ka" not RK1 or RK2.

The news reports of events on Rubi Ka. "Cyborgs attack athens" uh wow i gota go check that out erm where the hell are they erm oh that most have been on RK1.

All fansite stories, reports an so forth never mention where they happened it is automatically assumed to be RK1.

The story will never be an integrated part of the game for RK2 people as long as we have 2 dimensions. Funcom doesnt know how to handle 2 dimensions and integrate it into the story. It will never feel right because it was never supposed to be this way.

The story doesnt have 2 dimensions how would it ever work?
    How would you ever be able to live the story if it doesnt feel "right" and how will it ever feel right when the dimension aspect is not even part of the story.

I say merge or make 2 stories if you cant integrate the dimension aspect into the story.

I wish i had stayed on RK1, but sadly i bought the hype and moved for less lag. oh boy what a mistake that was.
    Last edited by Zeeq; Nov 19th, 2001 at 13:00:46.

Lightbulb Funcom are you listening to your players

Will Funcom answer this please. Players ingame ask the question of will rubi 2 have events? It is becoming painful to kill mob after mob and run mission after mission. Give us something to work with here - we need direction and purpose.

event on RK2

I had put an event on RK2 was a big wedding many guys came , after arguing 1H30 with GM i got them come and i thank them specially when you know who they were (JJaugh,etc...)
    they told me we will have a little text on the communauty site nothing came,, i had send a message to AO basher for they report him nothinbg happened...

Malicea

RK2

i have 1 character on RK2.

who ever said that most people on RK2 have a character on RK1 may be correct. but some people that work 50+ hours a week and have some other things in life to do other that sit at a computer have time for one character.

we were promised the same things from funcom that everyone else was when we purchased this game.

this is another example of how funcom has lied and stolen from its player base...isn't it?

on RK2 /petitions take an extremely long time for response...if there is a response at all.

on RK2 we haven't seen a single event...at least i haven't.

there are still thousands of players on RK2...and we are ignored.

but funcom does that pretty well...ignore things.

funcom has 1 more month from me...this is what i want:

1. fix the missions...totally (team missions, player type mobs, pickup missions, etc.)
    2. fix the /orgs...totally (RECRUITING, banking, guildhouses, etc.)
    3. fix the offhand drop
    4. fix the dumba$$ moderators...get them to do their job and answer posts.
    5. fix the story on RK2...where the hell is it? we get pumpkin heads, cyborgs, and some nice out of game movies. this is a story that is shaped and created by players??? bullsh!t. this is a joke.

Im turning into a troll

I agree with you Borrace. Seems to me Funcom has dropped the ball once again. Players are dropping out of my guild and quitting Ao altogether due to lack of play on rubi2, recent changes (patch 13.0), and slow response time from using the petition. Still waiting on a petition on why I did not get my ingame suprise, in which doesnt suprise me much.

I still enjoy the game as many others and hope to see more official ran events soon. What I would like, and I believe the rubi 2 community would like, is an explanation on why we were left out of the cyborg invasion. Further we want an explanation on why rubi 2 has seen no official events, wha the plans for rubi 2 is, and will we be able to jump servers if no gaming events are going to be implemented.

What is real unsettling is the official news article from 2 months ago stating that rubi 2 would be a major part of the conflict. That events were going to be held and not to worry. Its strange when the player community feels lied to, and I believe that is what we feel.

Mistell

Wink story

Maybe RK2 gets their events some time after RK1, when the bugs they found have been fixed, and the story team has some more experience with running these events.
    Will work for me man =)

Or maybe we get a slightly different story. Will work for me too =)

lift your flagging spirits RK2, i have gotten word that an unknown clan faction is planning something to get the councils attention and others.....

i heard they may be contacting guild leaders soon

Player events

Malacai I would be interested in hearing more about this... I encourage player ran events - My gripe however is with the official events. It seems I am not the only one that is feeling left out.

Mistell

5 days without a response Funcom...
    keep up the good work!

90% of my time is played on RK2, a level 23 trader

10% on RK1, with a level 23 Adventurer.

Exclamation RK2 clan meeting 2night

Found this in another thread .....

"Greetings fellow Clansmen,

Two weeks of amnesty and as many days filled with attacks from strange and horrifying creatures. Fourteen days in which the clans, once a firm military force, have deluded into a pack of babbling political clowns. Half a month of mayhem, and what have we heard from our leaders, the Council of Truth?

Nothing!!

It is time to act, clansmen. The clans are loosing their vigour and unity. For whatever threat endangers our freedom, we will only be able to counter it if we act as one. We call on ye all, proud warriors, to join us in a rally that must reunite our forces. BrontoBill from Section 4 will address these issues tonight outside Athens.

If ye care for freedom, be there!

Wartorn Valley, directly SE of Athens (614,420) on Rubi-Ka 2
    Wednesday 21/11 - 21.00 hrs GMT/22.00 hrs CET

/tell Brontobill
    /tell Luckynuke

Budhard
    Section 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast