Thread: Agent's totally nerfed in 13.0

Agent's totally nerfed in 13.0

I don't understand what Funcom is thinking. Agent's have repeatedly been on the recieving end of the nerf stick and now we get hit again.

Conceal is one of the Agent's three primary skills. (Rifle, Aimed Shot, Conceal) It is now nearly useless. Aside from the fact that pickup item missions appear to be simply broken.. Agent's are now unable to complete almost any mission using this (their pride and joy) skill.

Things that "break"conceal / unconceal you now (there may be more, but these are the ones I've verified personally:

1) Being under attack.

2) Taking fall damage.

3) Picking locks (doors or chests)

4) Having a nano run on you (either by you or by a team mate)

5) sitting

6) swimming (I'm not sure it's it's the swimming part, or the getting out of the water, getting stuck and having to jump that causes it...)

7) Jumping (? - See #6)

This means that once you're seen in a mission it's all over. Kill the mob, die or zone out. This is a MAJOR issue as at higher level you can't solo the mob, the mission area is too big to get out (mission areas are usually VERY large at higher levels) as you'll be running past a pile of mobs that are going to also aggro you, and it takes 20 minutes+ to GET to the mission area in the first place. Of course, if you DO get out... the mobs are probably going to be piled up in the first room since they chased you there and as soon as you go in again they'll swarm you before you can conceal. (Not always the case, but does often happen)

Basically missions are totally ruined for Agents now. You can't complete ANY mission while under attack.. so if the objective of the mission has a mob near it (almost always the case) and you try to pickup the item, use an item on the objective (ie - cryo units, radar, etc), etc the mob will see you.. attack you and you can't complete the mission. "ID Person" missions are also broken.. You can stand next to the target all day and the mission won't complete. Of course, IF it sees you (either on it's own or by you unconcealing yourself) you get the wonderful message telling you you can't complete a mission until combat is over... of course, once the target is dead, you can't ID it...

As far as team hunting... good luck getting an aimed shot off. Most of the time the Doc is spamming team heals.. which now break your conceal. Of course, you could always hunt without a doc... um.. good luck!

There are other issues with this patch.. but I have neither the time nor the patience to do Funcom's QA for them any longer.

Funcom: If you bother to read this go look at the Agent Sector (www.agentsector.com) forum and read the many many posts in regards to this latest travesty you've foisted upon us.

- Cambion
    The Hellfire Legion
    Agent - RK 1

Last Straw

This is almost the last straw for me . Out of 13 sneak missions I did post patch I have only been able to complete one . I did NOT get the mission reward however.
    Things I noticed post 13.0 .

Conceal has been tampered with yet again. I am 90% sure mobs detected me sooner than before .

Almost ALL missions now had locked doors that completely sealed off an area. For an agent using sneak and conceal this means GAME OVER : You cannot complete the mission . Lockpicking the door will break conceal and unless your very close to the zone out you are in for a quick death.

Cloaking devices do not work the way they did before 13.0
    You now have to actually sneak. ( I wonder how conceal is checked . Will being near a mob longer give you a higher chance of detection or is the skill checked once per mob ??? )

Sneak is bugged . I was unable to get out of sneak mode a few times pressing the <h> key . A swift death followed.
    Other times mobs would see through conceal and sneak would automatically be broken . This was probably intended but as posted it doesn't work 100%.

Mobs speed seem to be higher . I have 400 base run speed . Buffed I do missions with 530 run speed and when discovered I usually have a fair chance of making it out . NOT after 13.0 .
    Mobs seemed to be alot faster and kept hitting me whilst I was running to the zone door. I NEVER made it out alive.
    Unless I get an official answer I believe this to be the case .

And ofcourse the final straw. It seems that Funcom wanted to make mission <blitzing> harder or impossible. If detected you will not get the reward or aren't able to pick up the item . I think they FORGOT how agents are suppose to stay undetected when picking up the mission box breaks conceal . I seriously think that they overlooked this and hope to be corrected by an official.

PS. The one mission that I was lucky and conceal didn't break early ( not alot of mobs ) I did find the mission box.
    There was a mob next to it . Ofcourse after picking it up I was detected and killed racing for the exit. I did NOT receive my mission award. I went back and dropped the item on the ground and subsequently picked it up . After a few tries this worked in the second mission room . I received the reward at last.

If mission <blitzing> or sneaking is consdidered a problem by Funcom despite their statement in 12.8 I would really like an official point of view. They should be aware that conceal could become a useless skill thus jeopardizing the entire agent community that has viewed this skill as one of the class' strongpoints. I also would like that they post these considerations in their build notes and subsequent changes in their patch message.

Since I'm on a roll .
    Ofcourse I heard voices around Rubi Ka that now we agent exploiters are finally forced to do missions the "proper" way and kill everything . To me , at level 105 , this is not an option.
    I can't solo kill a dark yellow despite my excellent outfit.
    I ALOT of missions the first room will be 3 or more mobs.
    Mobs REGEN is now so fast that zoning in and out for a few shots is NOT an option anymore.
    Gained XP vs. time spend is completely out of whack with outside group killing .
    If I pick a mission under 50% I often have 75% grey mobs to fight . As reported earlier the range of mission mobs is too wide as well . Reds and greys in 1 mission should never happen .
    I gave up token hunting a while ago but this also an issue which should be looked at.
    And finally ofcourse GROUP missions should remain high on the agenda.

regards,
    Spet
    Last edited by Spetnov; Nov 16th, 2001 at 12:30:49.

Angry Cloaking Devices

Same here, I'm already looking for another game... try www.eve-online.com - this is about the last straw for me also.

Other than that, I found out that if you zone with the cloaking device into the mission, it won't work. You have to equip it in the mission area, then it will work as usual...until your conceal breaks of course...and then it won't even help you run past the other MOB's in the mission, as it did pre 13.0

...so, yes... Agents now basically are...hmm... well I don't know..but if anyone decides to continue under this condition..they better start giving out Omni Welfare checks.

This is total and utter BS.

i think were fine... but were about 5 years in the future so you may not believe us

Dun Dun duuuuuunnnnnn
    RK 1 Characters
    Proud Member of Storm
    Ikilljoo 218 Agent ( Leveling watch your back tl7s!! )
    Proud Members of (AOD) Anarchists of Destruction
    Enzo101 164 Enforcer (Doing nothing :P)
    Powerful 69 Advy (no clue what im going to do with this one yet)
    FuzzyWuzzy 60 MA(Leveling to 90ish soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Santse View Post
    blah blah blah....

they better start giving out Omni Welfare checks.

This is total and utter BS.
    So omni does have welfare! o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    The point is, playing an agent needs more skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    i think were fine... but were about 5 years in the future so you may not believe us

Dun Dun duuuuuunnnnnn
    haha

i think you won the award for oldest necro ever gratz!

does this still apply to today?
    Kurvball 27/0 Atrox Trader RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyninja View Post
    So omni does have welfare! o.O
    your thinking of certain neut org(s) monkey...

Thanks for this spam. Please don't do it again.
    Advisor Irongryphon
    Forums Moderator

Forums Social Guidelines
    ARK Public Website