Thread: Blipy's Day Out

Blipy's Day Out

History
    "Blipy was born into the folds of the Omni Corp. She really did not choose to be on thier side... or to be female... or a nano-mage... or so damn cute. As a matter of fact the only two choices she was ever presented with were becoming an engineer and where to spend the greater part of her day. Most of her friends become professions of great power that would some day wield energies, crackling and sparking at thier finger tips, and swing massive weapon, and pull heavy triggers to rain down destruction on thier enemies, cowering under thier blankets... and she chose a screwdriver. Not the greatest story but still a story... of sorts.

There was never any real trouble in her life. She went to school to study. Poured her life into learning the art of the engineer. Helped out friends and 'enemies' alike, but never really accomplished anything. What was there to accomplish for her? Well, as she saw it, nothing. Factions did not mean anything to her. Blipy would use whatever skills she had to help whoever won in the end. Power... nope... does not mean a thing. Money? Just enough to get by. So what did Blipy live for (she asked herself this quite often)? To talk... at length... aboot anything... to everyone. She found the best way to get people to listen is to give things away. She valued her body so that was out of the question. The only thing that her life had left her with was the knowledge to tradeskill... and be cute.

So Blipy tradeskills for free now. She does all her work on a small hill/ledge in Borealis (live and let live she thinks... and for those that just want to kill, the 100% gas is protection enough) that overlooks the whompa to Jobe (tsing for free means you cannot afford to live in something you yourself have not made). She meets allot of people. Ignores pretty much anything that she catches on her communications device from all sides. You can find her there to this day or one of her other underachieving friends, just waiting to help someone who needs it... and to talk."
    Blipy 217 Engi
    Blapy 190 Agent
    Blupy 156 Soldier
    Blopy 110 Enf
    Blepy 156 Trader

Noises can be heard from on top of a shop near the Jobe whompa in Borealis. It is a calm clear morning. Nothing of importance has happened today to cause this figure, hidden by a cloaking device, to wake up from dreams of one day controlling a bot like T.I.M. down at Foreman's. The sound of clanking armor and weapons are carried to her ears by a light breeze...

"Might as well get up now..." she croaks out in a dry low voice to no one in particular.

She had recently taken up residence atop the building because people would bump/trip into her, then kick/prod her under her cloaking device when she slept on the floor. This was much worse before the cloaking device and even after it, some people could still perceive her and think it right to use a boot to make sure she was still breathing. Let’s not get started on the cleaning droids...

Blipy rolls over... and springs to life as she realizes this is going to be a bad bad day... well she got down off the building in record time at least. She’s extracts small inventions of her own from a backpack for her morning grooming and hygiene. Cleans up and looks around. A billboard spews propaganda at her (she had removed the voice module to make it more tolerable). People running to and from Jobe Platform. Some at the shopping terminals. Other talking in the open and some in dark corners. An extraordinarily normal day.

Blipy takes the droid shell she had made the previous day, out of another backpack (after searching through several others without names).

"I should really sort this all out someday when I am not busy...”

She presses the big red button at its center and watches the shell transform into the most basic of droids (parts for shells cost money... she needs a friend to start the day off... who are you to judge her!)

"Feeble Automaton activated! What are your orders!?"

"Why do they have to shout...?” Blipy whips out her screwdriver from the custom bronto hide holster and adjusts a few things to get her new friend working like 'he' should.

*BUZZ....WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHIR... POP!*

A slightly scorched engineer is seen being thrown a few yards back from her droid by a small gathering of leets looking for food in the city. They hear a few curses too as they continue about their day.

"Robot, your new name is... Eric. Your orders are to converse with me about people and how much we enjoy talking to them." she says while standing up and dusting herself off.

"Name: Eric. Orders: Talk....*sizzle*.......computing.... Orders have been deemed boring. Adjusting for adventure and mayhem."

Oh yeah... that’s the other reason her trade skills are free. You get what you pay for I guess.

The bot chooses a direction and heads off screaming obscenities and failing 'his' arms in the direction of anyone 'he' happens to come close to. A frantic engineer chases the bot because A. it cost money B. people will be able to tace it back to her from the serial numbers and C. she needs the exercise.
    Last edited by Jeddy; Mar 5th, 2006 at 17:53:18.
    Blipy 217 Engi
    Blapy 190 Agent
    Blupy 156 Soldier
    Blopy 110 Enf
    Blepy 156 Trader

((Now if you have not been able to figure out where the bot is headed then you really are not following the story.))

Blipy followed the bot. ‘He’ ran between buildings and terminals and people of all shapes sizes and colors. From the grid, all the way back to the portal leading to the Inner Sanctum. Then to the whompas leading to Newland and places beyond.

“Please don’t go into those whompas. God knows where we will end up”, she thought. As we all know, Newland can lead to ICC and from there Blipy knows she would only have a 50% chance of being safe if her bot thought the weather was right to be taking another whompa.

“Huff… wheeze… I should really… stop riding piggy… back on the bots… need to… exercise more…”

The bot stopped, did a little jig, and headed straight for Fair Trade. ((GASP!))

“OMFG! Eric! Terminate! Terminate blast you! F@*^ING PIECE OF $#!T BOT!”

Eric acknowledges with a finger from his right hand. The bond between a master and his/her servant is one of love and compassion.

This is pointless to explain but for those of you that do not know ((yeah right)) the shop called Fair Trade, in Borealis, is home to some of the most reckless, deprived, insane, poor people on Rubi-Ka. They wait inside for people who are looking for a fight or people who just happen to wonder in at the wrong time or babies holding their favorite type of cookie. Blipy, of course, falls into the fourth category which is engineers who forget that certain programs they run in their NCU have been deemed as ‘offensive’ and the engineer running said programs is considered to have ‘attacked’ the other people when these programs pulse.

Blipy of course stopped to check her NCU and make sure that all of her auras were inactive. She knew that there where members of all factions inside waiting to fight and she did not want to be starting any trouble… well anymore trouble.

Blipy saw the bot push past the people exiting and entering the shop. She apologized for the rudeness of her bot and helped people pick up their belongings. She looked up and saw that Eric had stabbed an entry level bureaucrat in the eye and she knew it did not matter if the aura was running or not. ‘He’ would see to it that she found her way to reclaim.
    Blipy 217 Engi
    Blapy 190 Agent
    Blupy 156 Soldier
    Blopy 110 Enf
    Blepy 156 Trader

(( Nooo, Eric! Hang on there buddy! And for christs sake find a way to get rid of that crazed nano-mage chasing you. Don't ever believe one mere word she's saying. Muhahaha, I like it ))
    Servatis a periculum - servatis a maleficum

And the world spins by with everybody moaning, p***ing, b****ing and everyone is sh***ing
    On their friends, On their love, On their oaths, On their honor, On their graves,
    Out their mouths and their words say nothing

((WTH rper that would like to kill me and eric in ft!!! Any faction! 220 Prefered! I just gave away part of the story did'nt I?))
    Blipy 217 Engi
    Blapy 190 Agent
    Blupy 156 Soldier
    Blopy 110 Enf
    Blepy 156 Trader

You really should consider some sort of Droid control device, personally I never have such problems with my servants, I guess the logic circuits inside the Bureaucrat assistants are slightly more refined than whatever passes for Engineer constructs.

Perhaps some additional training is required.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

((Omu was the crat Eric jabbed in the eye))
    Blipy 217 Engi
    Blapy 190 Agent
    Blupy 156 Soldier
    Blopy 110 Enf
    Blepy 156 Trader

(( bah! curse you Blipy....btw are you trying to farm post count here and on the RoD forums? ))
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Blipy pushes past the doors and stands for a moment to take in her surroundings. There is blood on the floor, a good sign if you’re into that sort of thing, a few limbs here and there that have yet to be sent to reclaim. A hulking atrox enforcer with one of them new fancy Kyr’ozch swords is standing the middle of the room. He must be the winner because the shop is mostly clear and people who are still in the shop are giving him his space.

“Engineers make the armor and the weapons and look what people like him do with it…” she thinks. She would have muttered it under her breath as a sign of defiance but it was looking at her out of the corner of its eye.

From the room to her right she can hear the bartender cursing as some other slob decides to attack her for whatever reason… Eric.

Blipy runs to the door and peeks inside. Yup it’s Eric alright. ‘He’ seems to have started a fight with the bartender over the pricing of some of the beverages and when the bartender informed Eric that ‘he’ is a robot so what does the price matter to him if he cannot drink anything, he lost it and began flipping over table, mauling potted plants, and throwing glasses.

The bartender, who has been attacked far too many times in the past to even begin to think about counting, was shouting from behind the counter. Better safe than dead.

“WHO’S ROBOT IS THAT!” she shouted as she watched a crazed robot undo and flatten out all the napkins she had neatly folded into little swans and placed at the center of each table. A whole mornings worth of work down the drain.

Mustering up the courage to push past the door seemed to have taken ages but Blipy finally went in and walked over to the counter. “Crazy robots and their masters these days huh? If you want I could shut it down and haul it off before he does any more damage… for a small fee.” Why not make a few credits off of her crazy robot while she was at it.

Before the bartender could answer, someone else came into the room, shouting something or other about his eye. Blipy turned around and saw this shabby, sad excuse for a bureaucrat pointing at Eric who was now humping a drink dispenser in the corner.

Since his bodyguard was blocking the only exit, Blipy thought it would be a good idea to try and talk to the bureaucrat who she now realized was a general of a group that Blipy had joined not too long ago. This might end up worse than just going to reclaim.
    Last edited by Jeddy; Mar 10th, 2006 at 20:18:08.
    Blipy 217 Engi
    Blapy 190 Agent
    Blupy 156 Soldier
    Blopy 110 Enf
    Blepy 156 Trader

“Omutb! How nice to see you here! What brings you to fair trade?” Blipy was trying to smile and not cry or start groveling for her life and gym membership all at the same time. This put a tremendous amount of strain on her face which made her look like she had just chewed on the rind of a lemon.

“Is that maniacal robot your property Blipy?!” Omutb said in a shrill, almost crazed, high pitched voice while pointing at a robot who was still trying to um… he’s still humping the machine.

“Uh… well you see sir… I would like to say first off that… Eric…” Oh!

“Eric?” Omutb was not all that sharp but he knew if I knew the robots name that means I probably named him.

Blipy knew she was toast at this point. So, she figured, when your toast the only thing left is to be buttered and eaten. Skipping breakfast can make your mind wander at times. All of this made some sort of sense to her body because she stabbed Omutb in the other eye, activated her bio cocoon, since the bodyguard was set to guard and not just behind or follow, and ran for the door.

Blipy’s shielding was more than enough to brush off the attacks of Omutb’s little helper. It would be a while before he could recover from her ‘blinding’ attack so she was pretty much home free… I guess the best way to describe what happened next would be to say that it was like hitting a wall that could move and talk and wanted to hurt you.

The enforcer that had been standing in the middle of the shop had moved closer to the dinning area to see if all the noise meant a good fight. It was slightly disappointed to see all attention being given to a robot with awkward sexual preferences. It was walking away when it felt something bounce off of its leg. It turned around to see a small, weeping engineer on her knees with both hands clasped together screaming “MERCY!” in his general direction. Of the very few words this fellow knew, mercy was not one of them.

Blipy sat waiting for the effects of being revived to wear off, mulling over the past minute or so, of an encounter with someone of considerable size and power. She would not go so far as calling it a fight. It was more of the enforcer lifting and placing his foot on her and then applying enough pressure so that she more or less popped, snapped and was now sitting all the way in the garden of Lord Morddy. Eric seems to have been killed by her boss.

“Oh well. Night is almost here. I should really get back to the top of my building and see what tomorrow brings.” And tomorrow would really suck when someone helped Omutb string Blipy up and beat her like a piñata. It brought a smile to her face, thinking that Omutb would not be needing a bandana to cover his eyes.
    Last edited by Jeddy; Mar 10th, 2006 at 20:44:00.
    Blipy 217 Engi
    Blapy 190 Agent
    Blupy 156 Soldier
    Blopy 110 Enf
    Blepy 156 Trader