Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roleplaying Organizations - Unfiltered

Roleplaying Organizations - Unfiltered

This list is a pared down version of Demenzia's old thread. I went through the entire list, looked up the orgs and their web sites and what remains are orgs which are known to be active and have leaders who have logged in pretty recently.

If you click on an org's name, it will take you to the stats page for that org to view their number of members, average level, etc. I have also included links to the homepages of those orgs which have a web site.

If your org does actually roleplay, please submit it here, and I'll update the list below as soon as possible.

Omni-Tek

Neutral

Clan

For a list of RP orgs (both player-based and fictional for stories purposes) and their descriptions, have a look at this thread.

Note on org classifications: You probably have noticed letters behind the name of certain of the listed orgs. This is a project of 'classification', meant to help people in their choice of an org. All of us don't roleplay the same way, nor are looking for the same degree of RP involvement. So, hope this can help.

Org type A

An org where RP is casual but present. 'Regular' players and roleplayers are mixed. An org to join for a light experience of RP without getting too deeply involved into backgrounds and rules of conduct.

Org type B
    An org where RP is common. All members are able to roleplay when they want to. A polyvalent org where all kinds of attitude can cohabit freely.

Org type C
    An org where RP is required. Some stories can be prepared, members happily join roleplayed conversations, yet are also involved in other aspects of the game.

Org type D
    An org where RP is very present. All players are ready to be involved into stories and roleplay naturally. In Char talk is applied, yet some liberties are allowed.

Org type E
    An org where RP is everything. All members are experienced roleplayers or learning to be. Stories and backgrounds are what leads the org, other aspects of the game are secondary. Out Of Char talk is restricted.

[IC]: The organisation is a member of the Infinite Circle alliance (Omni-Tek)
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 9th, 2007 at 14:27:43.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I would recommend you guys maybe discuss the best way the community would like to display a RP org listing (with restrictions or without I guess) as it isnt always helpful to have multiple lists flying around

Whilst it is up to the community how you want to classify 'x,y or z' for a listing, I am not going to get into the middle of an arguement about which thread or listing is better and 'should be stickied', when it comes to how players want to list active orgs, When you guys can come to an agreement on how the community would like best to display the orgs, and have one thread, then we can add it as a sticky thread.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

I vote for this one (surprise!). I've included all RP orgs that I know of without putting any restrictions (like having a message board or web site) on who will and won't be listed. Also, I have linked each org's stats as well as their home pages (if they have one) for completeness.
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 4th, 2006 at 15:04:15.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    I vote for this one (surprise!). I've included all RP orgs that I know of without putting any restrictions (like having a message board or web site) on who will and won't be listed. Also, I have linked each org's stats as well as their home pages if they have one for completeness.

i bump for this one too
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I agree there shouldn't be any restrictions. Doesn't matter if you have a site and/or forum or not.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Nevver,

Thanks for the unbiased post. The Black Companys website is http://theblackcompany.brizemedia.com

Why we were left off of the other list is beyond me.
    Last edited by Astera; Mar 4th, 2006 at 18:45:34.

My original plan was to link all Clan orgs to this site, but I had a change of heart.

I updated The Black Company's entry with your web site.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

As a suggestion, perhaps it'd be better in the long run if a member of FC or the ARK Events Team maintained a thread like this? It'd solve two distinct problems: (A) It eliminates the need for any one individual from the game community to update such a thread, and (B) It removes any personal ties someone might have to creating the thread.

For point A, it's obvious that certain ARKs and FC staff have edit permissions on the boards, so no matter who originates the thread from their end, someone later on can take over the duities if the original ARK/FC member leaves for whatever reason. In addition, it seems as though it might do the Events team some good to be familiar with exactly how many different RPing organizations are out there.

On B... it's obvious that there are some individuals who would create and maintain a thread like this for personal glory and recognition. Having an official third-party take care of the duties eliminates the need for any needless complaining, egotistical issues, or other such personal conflicts erupting.

Just my two cents, more than anything else, but I would fully support an Events team member maintaining a thread like this (following the same guidelines as used in Deminzia's thread) and using that as our *official* RPing org list.
    Daniel K. Clyburn, rebel without a clue.
    Leader of The Bartenders Guild.

That works for me, Korrenth. I think it would be best if an ARK or moderator created and maintained the list as they'd be able to remove replies that had requests for additions and edits and such which would keep the thread clean.
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 4th, 2006 at 22:17:44.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Thumbs up

On B... it's obvious that there are some individuals who would create and maintain a thread like this for personal glory and recognition. Having an official third-party take care of the duties eliminates the need for any needless complaining, egotistical issues, or other such personal conflicts erupting.
    I'm not sure if I can completely agree with that part of your post Korrenth. I took the initiative when I noticed the original thread's poster no longer played AO thus the list would never get updated. Of course the little requirement I added to make sure the orgs were active caused a bit of a controversy and it is obvious who threw wood (or shall I say a gallon of gas) into the fire.

To me there was no glory or recognition by making a new thread, it was just a practical issue. I roleplay and I myself would like to know which orgs are active I can roleplay with.

If ARK or FC can update the thread any way they see fit, removing my name if they want, as long as it is updated, which is in the best interest of the RP Community.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Demenzia's been gone for a year but had been updating it throughout 2005. But I guess I digress.

#1: Here's one more who doesn't understand why a lack of website or forum should matter.
    #2: What Korr said.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragunn
    #1: Here's one more who doesn't understand why a lack of website or forum should matter.
    #2: What Korr said.
    #1 How else can you check that the org is active unless you start checking every single one on a regular basis...and that takes quite a bit of time away from my own game time to keep the list updated. Checking forums for activity would be a lot easier.

#2 Noted

#3 Point #1 is moot, since I removed that requirement and I will just hope people will let me know when their org is no longer active (which I'm really not counting on...but apparently I have no choice but yield to what most people want).
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

I suppose I ought to have read both threads (re: #3 and mootness) before joining in the discussion as Sil recommended, but hey... since we're talking now, here's the last five cents I have on the issue. Promise. I'm poor.

#1 This to me is a non-issue. I think why people want to have a list that doesn't discriminate between websiteless and websited orgs is... it's nobody's concern to keep an up-to-date list by checking if an org is active or not if that leads to some unforumed, websiteless orgs being left out. That's not fair. That's basically misinformation... although on the other side of the coin, not every RP org advertises.

#3 42. Libations all around. Wooha. Read first paragraph. Then read #1 again. If the list has a few inactive names, it's not something the community will go RWAAAR RWAAAR over. The other way around? Oh, yes.

And now I have no cents.

Alms, alms for the poor!
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

This is all I have to say to this whole "Who's RP thread is better?" thing:

Click ME!
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

Bump for an unbiased list, and for FC/ARK to keep it updated, so we don't have to look at people's dirty underwear.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Stefano
    This is all I have to say to this whole "Who's RP thread is better?" thing:

Click ME!
    ROTFLOL!
    Awesome man!

It doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming to update the list. Here is how I narrowed it down:

1) Is this an org that I just happen to see around on the boards, ingame or in the news? It was easy to say that RUR, NLF, The Black Company, my own org and several others are active. So, I don't even have to think about those.

2) Does the link to their org stats still work? If I get an error page, the org no longer exists. These are checked with just one click.

3) If I'm still not sure, I check Auno.org and check the last login date of the org's president. I think if the president hasn't logged within two months, there's a possibility that the org might be dead. But, sometimes people take breaks from the game so I checked the last login date of the officers. If the president nor any of the officers have logged in for several months, the org is probably dead.

So, maintenance can be done just once per month or so. It's not like an org implodes every day and, when they do, we all sure hear about it.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Nevver has taken over the task I started, please use this thread.

Arguement over, can't afford this to keep going on a personal level. My original thread has been edited.

for your information Nevver.

Since i am the only player with active in Twilight Night, and the org is dead, since my mains are in Forsaken/United White Knights i would ask you to drop Twilight Night from the list.
    I wish you could put United White Nights up there, cuz i do some rolepaying with the org, having my soldier as an advisor there

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

**Black Sun** has just arrived on the RP scene. The org is still in infancy but it a major RP org.
    May the sands wash away your sins

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast