Thread: My final Suggestion...

Exclamation My final Suggestion...

My Account runs out next week, and thru-out my AO life (in charcter) ive never once voiced my opinions or feelings *ingame* to any of the devs/gms/or arks, because that was my ingame character and it wasnt the place or time, thats when i was having fun.

With my account running out, i can say that i definitly wont be back. Ive seen this game from its shabby beginnings, through the times of decent GM held events, through the times of clubs like Rompa and Reets opening and the growth of RP by the players despite bad conditions.

My suggestion, is that if FC, if you want to see a birthday next year for AO, listen to the players.

This game has gotten itself a reputation for being ignorant towards its playerbase.

On other forums of other MMOG's ive been to, people actually gather and say "wow, you played AO too? im another that knows your pain"

Take someone's bright idea from forums like this (and there are LOTS of implementable ideas from this board alone), and introduce it and PROVE that you listened to at least one player.

Another point. AO, due to it only being on 2 servers, could still offer sometihng the competition doesnt. One continious storyline.

GM Events are much needed, not just a bit of tat that you've written and place in the login handler of an event that never took place ingame.

And another thing, you've claimed to be non-biased, yet ive been a leader and seen that arks/gms aution off an event sometimes to be sponsored by guilds, the person with the most cash, wins.

How is this non-biased gameplay?

Create events in a place where n00bs go, a newbie hunting ground (like the early lush field camps) dont make GM Event characters interact with just the leaders and the lvl 100+ players, let them interact with new lvl 10-20 people, some of which might be new to the game.

And dont just create GM Events (if you ever will bring them back properly) for lagged up servers where 500 people congregate after they've heard an event is gonna happen.
    Spring events on people in remote places, so that they can feel important for a few days.

My final part is on the game itself.
    I never did and never will like the gameplay as long as the only way to progress is to fight.

Tradeskills, why implement things like wen wens, when half of the weapon ranged and melee weapon creator kits dont work?
    instead of putting stuff in and saying "look, another small thing added" (failing to tell them it doesnt work), you should finish what you've put in to begin with.

If you just try on only HALF of these issues, the playerbase will show you their gratitude, ....by renewing their subscription.

At present, the Apartment issue shows FC's contempt down to a T. Since Beta 4, people have been asking for you to fix them, to add more than 10 items, to add furniture and make them PROPER apartments, instead of places that no one goes to or uses. 50-100 identical "Apartment Petition" threads have been seen over the year. You only once mentioned you were working on it, and that was 7 months ago, which obviously was a lie. This is the sort of customer relationship im proving how bad you are at. If you'd simply make a post STATING you have no intention of fixing apartments, then it would save EVERYone a LOT of time fretting and wondering.

10 of my friends havent let their accounts renew, and are leaving AO. Im leaving now as ive said, my account expires next week. I havent been ingame for a week now.
    (Drtiny gets the famous award for "last person who spoke to Lev", treasure it next to your "Nyadach bravery of an idiot" award Tiny...) lol

So, in short. Listen to the players and not your wallets.
    If you'd took the time to implement apartments (like u promised 3 months into the game) and not by adding MICROPHONES THAT DONT WORK/HAVE NO FUNCTION, then people might be a bit more happy.

I hope this sounded like constructive suggestions based on my experience, i tried my hardest not to run down into a rant, but i think i nearly scraped the barrel
    Last edited by Zaduda; Aug 10th, 2002 at 14:36:49.
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Angry

You can't leave yet...........did you forget that I *bought* you, fair and square??? I haven't gotten the chance to make you dress up in a stringy silver bikini and skyjump into the Arena yet(okay, I know that's not possible.............work with me here, people!!). I was gonna hold a contest for the "Most Embarrasing Thing I Can Make Lev Do", and take the top 10 suggestions

*sigh*

/me waves bye

PS does this mean that *I* get the award for "last person to speak to Lev"?

edit: I want my Lev Rivers Action Figure!!!! I broke my first one, due to shoddy workmanship, and then a piece was swallowed by a child. You can expect to be hearing from my lawyer. His name is Nyadach
    Last edited by Nealandbob; Aug 10th, 2002 at 14:51:04.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

I remember hearing about you on the RP forums, then being excited when I met you ingame.

Best. Post. Ever.

/me leaves a Comic Book Guy sticker on the thread.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=2

I can see more and more people leaving as time goes on. I guess we're all getting sick of paying FunCom to beta test their game.....

FunCom: I'm hoping and praying that you guys get it together and finish the game. It isn't finished now (can't you tell by those lovely squares with lots of question marks that are supposed to be items on the ground??) and I hope you don't use ShadowLands to do this. Shadowlands should be all about content while the next 2-4 patches should be dedicated to fixing & finishing the core of this game.
    .: Naraya :.

bumpage in memory of my pal Lev............we had some fun, didn't we man? The Leet army in particular was fargin hilarious
    Finally back from Iraq

I'm obviously not playing nearly the same game as you. You know what? I don't give a fig about events. Funcom could say, "we will never, ever, have any events ever again" and I would still play.

Oh, and fighting will always be the only way to progress. Non-trivial exp gain outside of a fight is on FC's "No Longer Envisioned" list.

another bump for Lev
    Finally back from Iraq

Bump
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Unhappy

Bump

account canceled due to *feeling of not wanting to log in every time I wanna log in* ...... /me wanders how in the hell this feeling could exist for a newbie of 3 months ....

PS: (certainly this is the first time I played a game for 3 months and decided to go...... Even UO gave me a total of 1.5 years of gameplay before i quitted)
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

Thanks guys.... oh, and

ROFLMAO @
    "I'm obviously not playing nearly the same game as you. You know what? I don't give a fig about events. Funcom could say, "we will never, ever, have any events ever again" and I would still play."

Thats *exactly* my point! Funcom's Customer Service, they wont even TELL us that there are no more ingame events. They dont tell you anything. They could start up GM events tomorrow and not tell us, hell, they could close all servers tomorrow and not tell us. Their attitude to you as a player is that you should be lucky your even playing the game!!!
    Well, im not lucky i played. And I'll be happy to play offline games until December.

They havent replied to a single apartment subject to tell us that they have no intention of finishing them, ever!

lol.

Good luck all my friends still ingame, hope you find some fun and excitement...
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

i think the community will definitly miss you, and so will baboons, that club will never be the same. Your ideas are fantastic, and FC really should take their communities opinions, and impliment them in game. Have a fun time, and i hope you play as a SWG bar owner, and have skimpy females running amuk =]

sincerly,
    jerrakean